INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Contact Tepehua Community Center or other Volunteer Opportunities

4 posters

Go down

How to Contact Tepehua Community Center or other Volunteer Opportunities Empty How to Contact Tepehua Community Center or other Volunteer Opportunities

Post by nancy greenheart Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:17 am

My new neighbors are here for only 3 months hoping to find a meaningful volunteer opportunity. Their extensive volunteer background has centered around helping with women from abusive homes. They will stay longer if they can find meaningful service to do here. Very good hearted and healthy people.
Tepehua Community Center was mentioned to me so far, as a good place to volunteer.
I cannot find any contact info for that center. They would need address and or phone number of Tepehua Center or someone knowledgeable about it.

Is their any other shelter for abused women that they could contact?

Please reply if you know anything.

Nancy Greenheart

nancy greenheart

Back to top Go down

How to Contact Tepehua Community Center or other Volunteer Opportunities Empty Re: How to Contact Tepehua Community Center or other Volunteer Opportunities

Post by lunateak Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:20 am

http://www.tepehua.org/

They also have a bazaar just east of Magana's restaurant for dropping off donations.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How to Contact Tepehua Community Center or other Volunteer Opportunities Empty Re: How to Contact Tepehua Community Center or other Volunteer Opportunities

Post by Traveller Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:54 pm

I'm a volunteer at the thrift shop, and I have also had the opportunity to participate in some of the events at the Tepehua Community Center in Chapala. I'm writing this as an individual, by the way, not as an official spokesperson.

One of the things that I particularly like about Tepehua's approach is the dedication to providing assistance at the community level. I'm not in any way criticising the wonderful organisations and individuals that concentrate on ongoing specific needs like school fees, soup kitchens, or orphanages; or on emergency one-offs like medical care for a particular individual. There is a place for all forms of giving, and my husband and I have contributed to all the above initiatives within our limited budget.

But Tepehua's community-level approach and its inclusive philosophy of "helping a community to help itself" happens to hold particular resonance for me for its long-term developmental impact. Family counselling is one of their many valuable services. I am not directly involved with programming so I can't advise on whether Tepehua has the capacity to include your friends in the counselling department, but I'd certainly encourage them to contact one of the two directors listed on their website.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lobita Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:48 pm

It's not precisely a shelter, but Sylvia Flores at CEDEJO provides both consulting and medical assistance to abused women. I don't know if there are associated volunteer activities, but you could contact Sylvia and ask.

http://www.centrodedesarrollojocotepec.com/
lobita
lobita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down