INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Cash, Your Own Money

5 posters

Go down

Getting Cash, Your Own Money Empty Getting Cash, Your Own Money

Post by Fastfox Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 pm

There is much being done by several banks to prevent citizens from sending money out of the country (US, Spain for example). I won't go into details. Has anyone had any problems getting certain amounts of their money in cash or transferred out of Multiva? Specifically, I don't mean small amounts.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Getting Cash, Your Own Money Empty Re: Getting Cash, Your Own Money

Post by David Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:48 pm

None.  WFT?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Every country gets fussy (a: they want their # of flesh, and b: you could be money laundering or financing terrorism). Trans - bordering you already know that amount is $10000. Go over it, don't declare it, kiss it bye bye. Within Mexico, if you withdraw over a certain limit/month you're under the radar. Larger transactions, acquire competent certified counsel. That's about the same everywhere in the developed world and this is the 11th largest economy. This cash economy has been one sweet ride for just about all. Pemex. Enjoy it while it lasts cause the new president is leapfrogging this country into the 21st century FAST. For him it's simple. More VAT (value added tax) - it's part of all your purchases and nobody, except the poor notices. The rich, who elected him, of course love it, cause nothing has changed for them.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:36 pm

borderreiver wrote:Every country gets fussy (a: they want their # of flesh, and b: you could be money laundering or financing terrorism). Trans - bordering you already know that amount is $10000. Go over it, don't declare it, kiss it bye bye. Within Mexico, if you withdraw over a certain limit/month you're under the radar. Larger transactions, acquire competent certified counsel. That's about the same everywhere in the developed world and this is the 11th largest economy. This cash economy has been one sweet ride for just about all. Pemex. Enjoy it while it lasts cause the new president is leapfrogging this country into the 21st century FAST. For him it's simple. More VAT (value added tax) - it's part of all your purchases and nobody, except the poor notices. The rich, who elected him, of course love it, cause nothing has changed for them.

The money laundering/terrorism song is the excuse they give for all currency controls.  Governments have repeated it so many times that people now believe it. They do this when they are in financial trouble.  They do this with everything they want the population to believe, just keep repeating whatever they want us to believe and it becomes the normal way to think.  This method is effective, in fact, that just about everyone mentions it when you ask the question that I asked.  That is how well ingrained it has become.  There is a name for this technique and I cannot recall what it is.

Are there illegal activities with respect to money?  Yes, of course.  There always was and always will be.  That is not new, but again, a great excuse to control the currency and assets of the population.  All governments have done this.  We are fed this garbage that it's for our protection.  

Personally, it's my money and I shouldn't have to explain to some bank teller what my plans are to spend it or what I did to earn it.  I still believe in the innocent until proven guilty idea and I do know Mexico has a Napoleonic System of law which is the opposite.

I am aware of the $10,000 and over must be declared.  My question was specifically to bank transfers as I do quite a bit of reading and it is evident that US citizens are being locked out of opening foreign accounts, buying certain foreign investments, and wiring their money to where they want it.  In some cases people cannot get their money out of their accounts.  It's all quite unsettling.

Last edited by Fastfox on Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added sentence)
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:51 am

I have not had any problems wiring money to/from MultiVa.  Zero.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm

i have recently been told by my uk bank, royal bank of scotland that because i am an ex pat and its now not my main account the are closing it .. i have been a customer for 30 years and get various pensions and dividends paid into it. they have given me 30 days to sort things out.. all costing me money as most financial institutions now require original documents and i have to send them back to the uk by courier costing 700 pesos each time. to say im unhappy is an understatement.. the bank dont want to know and it seems i have no option but to accept this descion.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:43 pm

David wrote:I have not had any problems wiring money to/from MultiVa.  Zero.

Like you, I am with this institution (Multiva), since 1988....and have never had a problem.  Frequently, wire money to Ireland, and never a hitch.  No restrictions that I know of.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down