INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas Empty Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:38 am

There are 7 of us going fishing to Aguamilpa and San Blas on March 10 to 14. We are looking for an 8th person to join us. We have booked accommodations at Humberto's lodge in Aguamilpa (big mouth bass) and Bungalows Connie in San Blas (tuna & mahi mahi). The plan is to fish for two days at Agua Milpa and one day at San Blas. The overall estimated cost will be about $450 to $500 USD which covers gas, tolls, accommodations and fishing charters. We are taking two vehicles so 4 people in each.

If you are interested in joining us send me a PM and we can arrange to get together and discuss the trip in more detail.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas Empty Re: Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Position has been filled!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas Empty Re: Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:31 pm

What is on the menu?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Fish!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:40 pm

No realistic fisherman goes without a back up plan when it comes to eating or for that matter, drinking!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Position has been filled!!!

Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas 968748 This trip was my brainstorm last year, I am happy you put it together! Please provide photo's
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Fish!

Yer crackin me up CB...yer eatin fish fer breakfast?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Is P,B, and J all that great for breakfast?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Are you fishing the back side of the surf like Pescador does, or are you going further offshore?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:51 pm

Going further off shore. Those big charters don't like being near the surf. We'll leave the surf fishing for you and Pescador!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 am

CanuckBob wrote:Going further off shore. Those big charters don't like being near the surf. We'll leave the surf fishing for you and Pescador!!!!

No mas Surf Fishing for me, hope to do more Panga fishing in the near future. Very Happy  Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas 87465 

YES, Please post photos!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU GUYS!! Thumbs up  Thumbs up 

pescador

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:01 am

Bob, You might want to check, I think Catch and Release starts the 1st of March at the lake.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:04 am

I am not interested in keeping any bass. While great to catch, I found them too muddy tasting and soft. I'm really after Mahi Mahi..........hmmm, hmmmm!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:25 am

I am envious   Smokealot I hope the catching is better than the fishing.....LOL
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 am

Well we know the bass catching should be good and the mahi mahi are usually good until April.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:00 am

I agree with CB on Mahi Mahi being delicious!!

If you want to have some fun, take one of your light Rod & reel setups with you when you go after Mahi Mahi. These fish will almost make you Pee your pants, with their acrobatic jumps!

Would be nice to get some info about San Blas, I have never fished there. Are you renting a Panga or something larger?

Any info you would like to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pescador

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:01 am

We are booked into a place in San Blas called bungalows Connie. It is owned by an American couple. The rate for 4 rooms for 2 nights was $420 USD. http://www.bungalowsconny.com/

The fellow there said he could hook us up with some fishing. We don't really care if it is pangas or pleasure craft. We'll take what we can get. Either way works just fine and in fact I caught some very nice Mahi Mahi from a panga a few years ago.

Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas Cimg1110
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks CB. Hey! Where'd all that HAIR go??   scratch Just kidding.  lol! 

CanuckBob wrote:We are booked into a place in San Blas called bungalows Connie. It is owned by an American couple. The rate for 4 rooms for 2 nights was $420 USD. http://www.bungalowsconny.com/

The fellow there said he could hook us up with some fishing. We don't really care if it is pangas or pleasure craft. We'll take what we can get. Either way works just fine and in fact I caught some very nice Mahi Mahi from a panga a few years ago.

Fishing trip to Aguamilpa and San Blas Cimg1110

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:27 am

I was wondering about the "blonde surfer boy" look?????

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Those were my "Billy Idol" days about 7 years ago......jajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Pescador wrote:I agree with CB on Mahi Mahi being delicious!!

If you want to have some fun, take one of your light Rod & reel setups with you when you go after Mahi Mahi. These fish will almost make you Pee your pants, with their acrobatic jumps!

Would be nice to get some info about San Blas, I have never fished there. Are you renting a Panga or something larger?

Any info you would like to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pescador

Marv, would our 6'6" Medium Heavy rod, with bait Casting reel work? How much line, and what weight might you recommend?

TIA, Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Marv, would our 6'6" Medium Heavy rod, with bait Casting reel work?   How much line, and what weight might you recommend?

TIA, Jim[/quote]

Hi Jim.

Good to hear from you. Sure, your equipment will work. How much line does your bait caster hold? Do you guys use braid or mono line? I used 30# braid, but 20# braid would work just fine.

Just a suggestion OK?
I would first try to catch some dorado's with the gear that is provided. If you have some luck that way, then go to the light stuff to have some fun.

Not sure if your boat guy will provide sardines or not? When I went last summer we had sardines.

When we came upon some debris in the water, ( floating logs, mass of weeds, old pallets, whatever) the captain would throw a few sardines near the debris, if any dorado were there, they would shoot out and grab the sardines. This is when we would put a sardine on our already light rods and reels, and just cast a sardine near the debris and WHAM! The FUN would begin. Reminded me of Smallmouth Bass on STEROIDS! HA! HA!

A good Captain will also tell you to play the first dorado, as it nears the boat as many times they travel in pairs, just throw in another bait and possibley another " Fish On"!! Damn, I get excited just thinking about this. lol!

Hope this helps,

pescador

PS-- Oh another tip, if you don't have sardines, is cut some strips of meat from the belly of a skipjack or bonito to simulate a baitfish. Almost like using rubber worms for Bass, ahh you get the idea.

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Pescador wrote:Marv, would our 6'6" Medium Heavy rod, with bait Casting reel work?   How much line, and what weight might you recommend?

TIA, Jim

Hi Jim.

Good to hear from you. Sure, your equipment will work. How much line does your bait caster hold? Do you guys use braid or mono line? I used 30# braid, but 20# braid would work just fine.

Just a suggestion OK?
I would first try to catch some dorado's with the gear that is provided. If you have some luck that way, then go to the light stuff to have some fun.

Not sure if your boat guy will provide sardines or not? When I went last summer we had sardines.

When we came upon some debris in the water, ( floating logs, mass of weeds, old pallets, whatever) the captain would throw a few sardines near the debris, if any dorado were there, they would shoot out and grab the sardines. This is when we would put a sardine on our already light rods and reels, and just cast a sardine near the debris and WHAM! The FUN would begin. Reminded me of Smallmouth Bass on STEROIDS! HA! HA!

A good Captain will also tell you to play the first dorado, as it nears the boat as many times they travel in pairs, just throw in another bait and possibley another " Fish On"!! Damn, I get excited just thinking about this. lol!

Hope this helps,

pescador

PS-- Oh another tip, if you don't have sardines, is cut some strips of meat from the belly of a skipjack or bonito to simulate a baitfish. Almost like using rubber worms for Bass, ahh you get the idea.[/quote]

It only holds 85 yards of 12 pound mono, probably 100 15 pound braided.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:19 pm

It only holds 85 yards of 12 pound mono, probably 100 15 pound braided.

Jim,  Sorry I am not familiar with the bait casting reels, capacity of this reel is Not enough. If you happened  to get a good sized Dorado on, he could spool you in a few seconds.

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Thanks Marv, that's what I figured.......1st trip will go with guide gear. Approx what line capacity, retrieve ratio should I look for? Are you casting or trolling?

TIA, Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next