INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder in Riberas Thurs. Jan. 6th

+10
David
hockables
kipissippi
57Chevy
Intercasa
espíritu del lago
hound dog
Carry Bean
CanuckBob
simpsca
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Murder in Riberas Thurs. Jan. 6th  Empty Murder in Riberas Thurs. Jan. 6th

Post by simpsca Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:46 pm

This is getting scarey! I just picked this up and it was confirmed by people I know.

"Murder in Riberas

Sometime this morning (Thursday) a man was killed during a robbery at a home on Sta. Clara street in Upper Riberas. I am house-sitting 'across the street'. I don't know the people but the victim's name is Alan Turnipseed and I think his partner is Bob.

I was down on the carretara and several Policia cars and motorcycles came screaming by, followed shortly by a Red Cross ambulance. When I returned home later (just a bit ago) I saw that they were all across the street at a residence. After a while I walked over to talk to a gringa who had come out of the house (turns out she lives directly across the street and is the wife of the Pastor at the Anglican Church across the carretara), and she informed me of the tragedy. Investigators were/are still inside the home.

While I guess this can and does happen 'everywhere', it is definitely unsettling when it happens in your town and especially right across the street and in broad daylight!"

Last edited by simpsca on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Murder in Riberas Thurs. Jan. 6th  Empty Re: Murder in Riberas Thurs. Jan. 6th

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:08 pm

I would be very wary of any maids, gardeners, hired help that comes into your house or anyone working in the area. If this is another robbery gone bad then someone is telling these criminals what's inside. There is too much risk involved to commit a home invasion without good knowledge that it will be worthwhile especially if your prepared to commit murder.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:18 pm

The thing on this one is that the older partner was away at a meeting. The younger partner was at home - I assume alone. Looks like someone was watching. I haven't found out yet what they took or why it was worth murdering him.

Last edited by simpsca on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm

I took it that the younger man was killed. Strangulation while the person was tied to a chair (if that's really how it happened) seems possibly a hate crime unless the victim realized he knew the attacker. Terribly sad, in any case. I don't answer the outside door until I verify who it is & am expecting someone. I have a bell but will look into the cost of a camera to see who's there. Broad daylight attacks like this seem doubly scary.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Carrie Bean, you are correct, it was the younger one who was murdered. I'm so upset about this - I had to go back and re-read the posts. I don't know the men personally but I know several people who do.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:53 pm

More information from neighbors of Allan and Bob. It looks like there was construction going on in the neighborhood:

There is a house being built one or two doors down from this house. Guys working all of the time (and not young kids, mature men). What gall to commit this brazen act in the middle of the day and with so many witnesses around. We live just around the corner from Alan and Bob. Two days ago as we were leaving our house (late afternoon) there was a strange young man - in other words, we did not recognize him from the neighborhood - very buff, somewhat intimidating, standing in the street looking down the road as if intently interested in something. He had a young boy hanging around him. My immediate thoughts were he was casing the neighborhood (our house?) and had the young boy to get over the walls and into the houses. We drove away, as we had an appointment in Guad. Came back to find the dogs (luckily we have two good sized ones) had broken a large pot by the gate - obviously something got them running and upset. The next day (yesterday) the gardener warned us to keep our eyes open. He suggested my husband should go up on the mirador and take a look. My husband didn't quite understand, but he got the idea that maybe someone was checking out the neighborhood or our house. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary at the time. Could this have been the result?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:44 am

Deleted
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Here are more details on the murder, it's a translation so some of it does not make sense - this is the link:

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/index.php/contenido/noticias/4997-asesinan-a-extranjero

Foreign Murder - Some subjects took the life of a U.S. resident for stealing his pickup truck in Chapala. (I think they mean and stole his pick up truck) The incident took place on 6 January, around 3 pm, when staff of the Public Ministry was notified of the discovery of a body of a man inside a residence located at number 604 Via Santa Clara, in Colonia Riberas del Pilar, after his family found him gagged and valuables missing.
Upon arrival, they verified that everything was an apparent robbery. When you start with the investigation, authorities finally discovered that the now deceased owned a white Toyota pickup truck with Texas plates, but not in the garage, so it is assumed that criminals took .
Also, inside the house was convulsed and presumably took cash and valuables, and then escape in the van. According to data provided by the Attorney General of the State (PGJE), the deceased was identified as Allan PessetF Time, 55, who was retired and resided in Chapala.
Upon arrival, personnel from the Jalisco Institute of Forensic Sciences (IJCF) made the lifting of the evidence, to try to find those responsible.

Last edited by simpsca on Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Deleted at Dawg´s discretion.

Unde(byGod)leted at Dawg´s discretion. You tell it like it is Solovino. Even though you have been Dawg´s nemesis for years. Right on bro.

Dawg is off to Chiapas and is leaving sh*t disturbing in your capable hands for the next six months.

razberry

Last edited by hound dog on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:15 pm

One of the problems I have with the construction worker theory is that these guys are employed and earning some money. They don't have a real good reason to be moonlighting as bloodthirsty robbers unless they are simply relaying info to their unemployed cholo buddies and even at that they don't know for sure what is inside a place. I'd be more inclined to think it is maids, gardeners or other hired help that would pass info along to these thugs as they would have first hand info on the valuables and the condition of the occupants (elderly, unarmed, handicapped, etc.). I'm not saying this is always the case but something I would certainly be extremely wary of as I don't believe home invasions (robberies) are random. We get these here in Vancouver and 9 times out of 10 there was an inside tip or it was a drug related thing.

Last edited by CanuckBob on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 pm

How easily people forget. Dawg lived in the violent cities of Mobile, Birmingham, Oakland and San Francisco plus worked often in such places as New York City, Seattle and Los Angeles among other places including the, in the 1970s, murder capital of the U.S., Santa Cruz, California. Ghastly and unimaginable murders, grotesque slaughters really - mostly of young women - , and violent home invasions in those places far exceeded anything one could even imagine here. Someone wrote that one of Fox´ News repulsive anchors stated on air he would never visit much less live here. His loss our gain. You couldn´t pay me to move back to the United States so to each his own.

By the way, those grotesque murders were not typically carried out by African Americans or Mexican Americans but your neighborhood Northern European bred white boy such as Ed Kemperer who murdered his mother in Santa Cruz in the 1970s and raped her cold corpse while downing cheap wine and then orally copulated her dead body before cutting off her head. As you can see, you can´t even make up the stuff that happened along the shores of Monterey Bay circa 1975 since the reality was beyond your wildest imagination.

Be glad you are here in paradise. Just don´t sell drugs.

Last edited by hound dog on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:23 pm

This is not Hound dog but his wife and I ain´t a Chihuahua either:

I have also a problem with people blaming construction workers and employees without knowing anything about the circumstances.

I also help translate at the MP and last November as I was helping a couple reporting an armed assault, the man who had assaulted the couple was brought in, in front of us. Ten courageous construction workers had seen him entering a property where he had held the maid at gun point forcing the owner to give up her valuables. The ten guys went for the man as he was leaving, he threatened them with his gun as well and they scattered. They, then, went around the block and jumped the armed guy at the risk of their own lives. They held the robber down and called the police.
They were true heroes and did not wish to be identified so the story never made the paper.The robber went to jail thanks to the reporting of people at the Ministerio Publico, thanks to the hard word the investigators put in and thanks to the 10 construction workers.

By the way the work of the MP was made more difficult as this man confessed immediately which gave him the right to appear in front of the judge faster. The Investigators worked on week-ends and late at night to track down people who also had been assaulted by this man and had reported the crime to the police but not to the Ministerio Publico. Their work was made more difficult because victims had not bothered to report that crime to them and the police report was not sufficient.

Not every employee or worker is dishonest and some bad guys do get caught and end up in jail.

Last edited by hound dog on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Welcome Mrs. Dawg.......

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 pm

I have to ask (I know this is off subject:) but is that dawg smoking a bong or is he having a highball?

Basta
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:51 pm

He's having a tequila shot........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Spencer didn't say all construction workers were crooks or murderers, just that they're in a good position to see the comings & goings of residents and in some cases, if working on nearby rooftops are able to case the joint so be extra cautious when that's going on.

It was VERY common in the Virgin Islands (which has the highest per capita murder rate of anywhere under the US flag) for residents to be watchful after neighborhood construction because often the workers were responsible for burglaries. Everyone knew this.

Many of these guys are temporary workers & may only get a few days pay for their work before they are let go. Certainly, most are honest but I was burgled after hurricane repairs and saw one of the worker's girl friend bring him lunch when he was working in the next building. She was wearing a ring of mine.

The plumber who worked for our contractor was busted for drugs.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:30 am

Y.day someone posted this:

Posted Yesterday, 10:39 PM
I was approached today and have been asked to make the following statement and clarify my last post of January 6th at 10:03 PM. This is a active national police investigation and I had no right to issue any statement, comment or repeat any rumor of this affair whatsoever.

"It has come to my attention that some of my information in the post last night was not correct and I wish to apologize to the community for passing false information. It was a home invasion and a death did occurred. This is really the only two solid facts that I should of commented on". Thank You for your understanding.

So did Captain Naselli who has 2 posts have to recant the original post and who made the OP. The bolding was in the post on TOB. Italics are mine showing it was quoted.

scratch

I know I read somewhere about a hood, wire and strangling....Now I can't find that info period. Shocked Maybe I need more coffee.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:33 am

Captain Naselli
18 Aug 2009 - 11:10
Master - 500 Ton Ocean Going Operator
Current U.S.Coast Guard License #83916

That is the info in the profile ^^^^^ HMM........
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:56 am

I found the other post Captain Naselli, however I won't post that for obvious reasons but you can find it and I was correct. My guess is Captain Naselli was censured for hearsay.and surmising.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:59 am

This guy makes 4 people killed that we can confirm this week in / around Chapala counting the 2 taken from the plaza, killed and dumped in Ixtlahuacan (bound and gagged) and killed with a grace shot and another found shot in a car in Ixtlahuacan.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:00 am

My next question, was it TOB or the police who requested clarification?
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:35 am

More info on the murder - Someone I know posted this and it was sent to her, and it varies a little from the story in Guadalajara Reporter yesterday. But then they got Lakesidecrime.com wrong also:

I was sent a copy of this letter last night. There is enough information in it that I know to be true that I would suspect that the rest is as well. I cannot vouch for it 100%

"This Thursday around 9am, Allan took his partner Bob to St. Andrew's church where he volunteers in the office.
Around 12noon Allan did not arrive to take him to their home in Riberas. "Allan never forgets to pick Bob up from the church". After unanswered phone calls home, Bob walked the 1/2 mile home.
Upon arriving home: Bob came into the property, gate closed, but house was open. Refurbished Jaguar's doors were open with the key in it. The borrowed Van that Bob and Allan had been driving was missing.
Upon entering the house, Bob found Allan dead, laying on a bedspread with some folded material under his head as a "pillow". He also had a cord around his neck.
The safe was open. There had been no valuables in the safe, and only missing items were passports, FM2's and IMSS insurance cards.
The house had been turned, apparently looking for valuables.
A friend arrived to help and called the police. The police arrived about 30 minutes later.
The police allowed Bob to take the dogs to the friend's house. He was not allowed to take his medicine or any clothes. The police locked and sealed the house leaving Allan. The "forensic team" from Guadalajara was called.
Bob and the dogs went to stay with a couple in El Parque that they had known since they had all lived in Dallas.
The forensic team arrived Friday and found a full left hand print on the front door. They performed an autopsy and would not release the body to Bob. They released it to Allan's brother in Texas. (The paperwork many of us have filled out at Lake Chapala Society is only for natural deaths). The body has gone to a funeral home in Guadalajara.
The police believe that Allan was home working on the Jaguar, then answered the doorbell. They believe he opened the door, the door was forced open and they then overpowered Allan. (This is out of character, as my experience is that he only opens the door to known visitors)
The police do not feel like it was a planned murder, as the burglars would not have put the bedspread on the floor or the "pillow" under Allan's head. They think that the cord around the neck was planned as a cooperation enhancement method to get the safe combination. They had used it enough, for blood to be around the neck, but not enough to cause strangulation. The police think that the death occurred as a result of the stressful situation (stroke, heart attack, ???). Allan's drivers license has been found on a street in Chapala Haciendas."
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:42 am

Can't get this out of my mind, feel bad for this man Alan. And his partner Bob. Also, for all their friends and neighbors. This tragedy ripples out to affect so many people. At the heart of it all is a human being who suffered, and lost his life.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:52 pm

I think construction workers are one of the first considerations because they are often times up high enough to see everyone coming or going...whether to rob them or to save them....I guess depends on whether the construction worker is a good guy or a bad guy...pretty much like everyone els.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:10 pm

kipissippi wrote:I think construction workers are one of the first considerations because they are often times up high enough to see everyone coming or going...whether to rob them or to save them....I guess depends on whether the construction worker is a good guy or a bad guy...pretty much like everyone els.

Construction workers are most likely, as they are mostly transients... you had better hope these guys aren't local...
By the way... these fellas with the shovels & trowels make about $10.00 a day...some of em might succumb to temptation.... especially those who have a taste for expensive dope...

Aw shit... now the bleeding hearts are gonna get pissed... I just called all construction workers " dope fiends "

This story is remarkable simular to something that happened to a friend years ago...

He had moved to and opened a business in Calgary... we hadn't talked for quit a while...

He was found tied to a chair.. stabbed multiple times with a screwdriver... his appartment ransacked ( He was the type to keep lots of cash on hand )

A couple of days later... his van was found driving around... the fella who did it, was out of the Federal Penitentiary all of 22 days...

Sorry... I never asked if he wuz a construction worker or a Mexican Dead Horse

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next