INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carnaval

4 posters

Go down

Carnaval Empty Carnaval

Post by saege007 Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:32 am

So I was out and about this evening when I saw a poster advertising the upcoming Carnaval in Chapala (Feb 21-March 4).

The poster was advertising a DJ-set that is going to attempt to break a Guinness Book of World Records by having the longest continual DJ-set. It promised more than 8 days of continuous music.

I'd say that maybe that is a good time for those of you really close to the park to take a vacation... I live 6 blocks from the park, and can usually hear the music from Carnaval loud and clear with my windows closed and curtains drawn.

Curious as to what others think. I'm all for Carnaval and the cultural aspect of it, but trying to break a world record of continuous DJ music??
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Carnaval Empty Re: Carnaval

Post by Grizzy Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:29 am

Gah! My fear is of the DJ aspect. Mexican bands I can usually tolerate but the DJ stuff can be mind numbing! I wonder if decibel control will be in effect. Good luck Sasha and others close by!
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:27 am

Grizzy wrote:Gah! My fear is of the DJ aspect. Mexican bands I can usually tolerate but the DJ stuff can be mind numbing! I wonder if decibel control will be in effect. Good luck Sasha and others close by!

I too can tolerate the banda and mariachi. It kind of lulls me to sleep.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:54 am

I can't imagine banda ever lulling me to sleep,it is by FAR my least favorite type of Mexican music.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:03 am

viajero wrote:I can't imagine banda ever lulling me to sleep,it is by FAR my least favorite type of Mexican music.

I can think of music I dislike more, but I live a block from the malecon. I hear the banda enough that I've learned to tune it out and as long as it is at least a block away, I can sleep to it.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 am

2 blocks from the park here :P Not looking forward to it. The only positive I had going into this was that I usually don't go to bed until about 3, and last year they went on till about 4, so although annoying, it wasn't a huge adjustment and I didn't lose any sleep. 24 hours tho? Ugh. Oh, one other positive... I bought a whole bag of earplugs on my last visit stateside.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down