INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you legally rent your home without being in Mexico?

5 posters

Go down

How do you legally rent your home without being in Mexico? Empty How do you legally rent your home without being in Mexico?

Post by Playaboy Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:42 pm

I have some friend that own homes here in Mexico. They bought them many years ago and have been renting them off the books. Their property manager has informed them of the new 2014 tax changes. They want to comply and come above ground, to do everything legally. They now know being above ground ,they will be incurring more expenses, IVA, higher property management and accounting fees, and now INCOME TAXES.

This is their predicament. They have not stepped foot into Mexico in over 3 years. They have no plans on living here in the near future. They have no INM status. Can you get a tax ID number, RFC, without a INM visa? What kind of INM visa can they get to earn money in Mexico without ever entering Mexico?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How do you legally rent your home without being in Mexico? Empty Re: How do you legally rent your home without being in Mexico?

Post by lunateak Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Contact a lawyer.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

How do you legally rent your home without being in Mexico? Empty Re: How do you legally rent your home without being in Mexico?

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:32 pm

lunateak wrote:Contact a lawyer.

...and a C.P. (contador publico).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Yep, I think property managers are being pressured to bring their clients into compliance. The government will then start going after the privateers based on rental ads and such. Rents will be going up around here. Probably about 20% in the next while.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 am

Thier lawyer has no answer.  Nor does their property managers accountant.  The tax law is so new.  This is a tough problem.

Bob, with all the "for rent" signs I have seen lakeside this season do you really think that the market can take a 20% increase?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:10 am

Guess that depends. In "the village" short term business is good. I am booked pretty solid right until March 2015. People are booking a year in advance. I am increasing my rents next year, accordingly. Perhaps only the short term rents will increase and the long terms will have to take the hit if that market is flooded.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:40 am

Playaboy wrote:Thier lawyer has no answer.  Nor does their property managers accountant.  The tax law is so new.  This is a tough problem.

Bob, with all the "for rent" signs I have seen lakeside this season do you really think that the market can take a 20% increase?

If their attorney and their accountant can't answer the questions, then can't "someone", like these two blokes who provide professional advice for a fee, go to INM or SAT and get the answers for them.
The problem with technical advice like this, from the boards, is that one person will say one thing, and the next person, something else.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:20 pm

They need permission from immigration to work in Mexico and to pay their taxes, i.e. be registered with SAT, yes it is a huge hassle and costs some money but in the long run they will not have problems.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:20 am

Slainte, you are correct about getting technical advice on web boards.  

There must be dozens of foreign home owners in this area that have been renting their properties "off the books  How are they going about becoming legit?  I was just looking for others experiences.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down