INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toaster Oven

+4
Go Solar
hickton
borderreiver
Rolly
8 posters

Go down

Toaster Oven Empty Toaster Oven

Post by Rolly Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:49 pm

Have you bought a toaster oven in México? Please tell me about it.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Toaster Oven Empty Re: Toaster Oven

Post by borderreiver Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:49 am

No I haven't Rolly but they are a very good energy efficient choice. You can roast, say a small pollo, or a baked spud, yam, etc. and heat up Everything. Consumersreport.org (sic) will point you in the right direction brand wise. Haier (sic) is a good chinese brand and probably available for you locally. I suggest figuring out the capacity you want/need and just buy the cheapest one with a warranty. Paying by most credit cards will extend Ur warranty by a year Don't know Ur Sitiation (GWB). They do make good toast after figgling around. They make great "melts" - tuna, etc. All the best.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:54 am

bought a mabe toaster oven last year, use it daily. efficient, quick, heats up in two minutes, has fan, grill, defrost mode.well recommended. will save you a lot of electricity or gas.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Solar Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:49 pm

Here's a previous thread from this board, Rolly:

https://www.insidelakeside.com/t4013-what-brand-toaster-oven-do-you-own

Not a lot of reco's there, if you have access to a mule from NOB, you can check Oster, B&D, Cuisanart, all have good models with varying features, including convection and rotisserie.    The new Panasonic also gets very good reviews, almost as good as the Breville Smart Oven, which is about the most you can spend on a T.O.

Generally they are great, saves you from heating up the kitchen, and the larger ones can do a fair size pizza.   Toast purists may say a straight toaster does better for toasting bread - some of these do a great job at almost everything, though.
Go Solar
Go Solar
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Punography

http://www.solartechnology.com.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:14 pm

There are some things that a microwave won't work well for.  Example: there's a couple who are selling quiches, samosas and small chicken or beef pot pies at the Tuesday Farmers Market.
Bought a couple today and since they were in foil pie pans, I put them on "bake" in the toaster oven.  It kept the crusts crispy and didn't heat up the kitchen.  Good for small meals of any kind.  BTW, those pies are delicious, as are their quiches.  They even have crustless quiches for the gluten free people. Not cheap, but well worth it.
My toaster oven is a DeLonghi and has been in service for about 8 years now.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:31 pm

I bought a barely used Oster from someone here who ended up with two. We use it a lot, especially for baking, when I need to maintain a consistent temperature which our regular gas oven refuses to do.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Bought an Oster at Costco almost 5 years ago and love it. I use it for anything I would use an oven for if it fits. Mine has a convection oven setting. It was about $100usd and worth every peso. Couldn't be without it.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:51 pm

I also have one with a convection setting and use it almost daily. I cook anything and everything in it, except toast! You need a toaster for that. I agree that capacity is the important decision , the brand not so important . I have had several and end up replacing them when they start to look shabby but they have all worked fine.
The numbers wore off of the last one I had, if I wanted to replace the one that I have now I would consider one that might avoid that problem.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:46 pm

My GE sxs fridge is actually a Mabe. Mabe makes them.So maybe a Mabe toaster oven is a GE toaster oven. Being a Mexican brand Mabe should be cheaper.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

I saw a very large Hamilton Beach at Sam's. I like it because it is large enough for my lasagna pan. But $1700 pesos is more than I was planning on spending, so I'm still looking.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down