INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sandals

+14
coffeeguy
DaveP
newinajijic
saege007
Zedinmexico
slainte39
gringal
Pedro
lunateak
Bill Phillips
CheenaGringo
papa chango
brigitte
CanuckBob
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sandals - Page 2 Empty Re: Sandals

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:14 am

Well me thinkith the wonderful sandels are gone. Hit the perma store only small sizes like the shoe
store in Ajijic. Time to find another walking sandal at a good price.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue May 13, 2014 11:11 am

I end up ordering my sandals from the states. I have tried many different brands and the Chaco sandals hold up the best and are the most comfortable. They have Vibram soles, are fully adjustable to your feet and are washable and wearing them in the rain, mud, waterfall, ocean etc won't destroy them. I order mine from eBay as they are cheaper there than the online store. The great thing is that you can send them back in when they wear out and have whatever has worn out repaired for less than buying a new pair.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Tue May 13, 2014 11:12 am

Oh and I should mention that after breaking my leg last year, these have given me the best stability out of any shoe I have or have tried.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Tue May 13, 2014 12:18 pm

It is hard to beat a pair of Keens, about $100.00 NOB, last for years. I walked 650 KM across Spain in a pair of Keens

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Tue May 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Flexi sandals and shoes made in Mexico are great. I have worn their sandals ever since we came to Mexico.

They are available at both Coppel stores in Chapala and a number of stores up and down Madero they are reasonably priced in the 450-700 peso range and very durable
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Wed May 14, 2014 4:18 pm

The best sandals I have ever found are Ecco Yucatans. They have a rugged sole that one can hike in if desired and midsole cushioning that will make you throw your Tevas, Keens, Chacos or Merrills in the trash, and they last for a good long while. Downsides? Expensive ($120 U.S.) and you've gotta buy 'em NOB. But if you live in your sandals and walk 4+ miles a day like we do, anything else is a distant second choice. Available from REI, Zappo's and many other sources. Check out the customer ratings. Sadly but understandably, they are rarely sold for anything less than full price.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed May 14, 2014 4:57 pm

The problem I have found with tevas, eccos, etc is that that style of strapping is bulky and I have issues with Velcro lasting long term. The thing I like most about the Chaco sandals is the toe strap and the fact that all the straps slide though the footing to make the best possible fit on my foot - all over. They crisscross across my feet, not just over two spots. I like that they fasten without Velcro. I like the great arch support that Vibram soles provide for me. My arches aren't in the standard shoe position. I had orthotics made years ago that are great in sneakers, but sandals always bothered me, leaving my arches feeling like I pulled some muscles. I also find the Chaco sandals a lot better looking and they look good with jeans, shorts, capris, and dresses and skirts.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by coffeeguy Wed May 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Have owned Chacos for many years, going back to their beginning in Paonia, Colorado. They are great for water use and the straps/attachment system is indeed awesome, but none of them have good soles for hiking, none have midsoles so cushioning is zilch, and they are heavy. Arch support is very good - maybe too good - with Chacos, but not better than Eccos, which are far superior for hiking as well as walking on cobblestones here due to their cushioned midsoles and far grippier soles.

The velcro and leather system on Eccos lasts for at least 3-4 years of continuous, daily use and is more comfortable throughout its lifetime than the nylon webbing of the Chacos. I still keep a pair of Chacos for rainy season use here at Lakeside. They are indeed good looking and stay that way for years - and they're also at least a third cheaper than Eccos.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Thu May 15, 2014 4:32 am

I walk at least a few miles a day as well as standing in them to work up to 10 hours a day. They are great and stable on the cobblestones, and for me the arch support is perfect.

Also they aren't a third cheaper. The basic pairs that are already designed in color, etc are $100usd, but if you want a specific color they are $130usd. Both can be found for cheaper on eBay.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu May 15, 2014 7:47 am

newinajijic wrote:It is hard to beat a pair of Keens, about $100.00 NOB, last for years. I walked 650 KM across Spain in a pair of Keens

Keens are available in Mexico at many Marti stores (but not ours).  I for sure saw them in the Marti store in Galarias.

Price is about the same as US.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Sandals - Page 2 Empty Stylish, comfortable, and durable sandals

Post by suegarn Thu May 15, 2014 12:58 pm

I wore a pair of Clark's 'Sonar Aster' sandals every single day when I was in Ajijic for the month of April. Lots of walking on the cobblestones, never had an issue with stability or comfort. They looked good with dresses, shorts, jeans, anything! Best sandals I've ever bought! As soon as I got back home to Canada, I ordered three more pairs of the exact same sandal, so that when I move to Ajijic later this summer, I'll have stylish, comfortable sandals that will last me for many years to come! Here's a link to the Clark's web page, but they can be bought at many stores and online retailers. http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/sonar_aster/26068905
There are many great men's and women's styles available. Very Happy 

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri May 16, 2014 8:13 am

Went to Guad. yesterday and stopped at the Pirma store in town on Revolution. I did find two pairs of the Sandals I wanted at the old price of 311P per pair. They seem to have more adults sizes than other places. These are a great value!

Happy happy joy joy

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by miendo Mon May 19, 2014 7:43 am

Vero's Zapateria in Ajijic next to Cruz Roja, across from Robertos,has a very large inventory of Men, Women and children shoes. And it you do not see what you need on display, Veronica will gladly bring it back from Guadalajara. She has a lot of catalogs. Also has Flexie.
miendo
miendo

Humor : Plenty

http://www.AjijicNews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:14 pm

The sports wear store across from Diane Pearls on Ocampo in Ajijic now has the larger size Pirma's in stock. I just bought some size 10's (Mex. 28's) there for $395 pesos.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:10 pm

You won't be sorry CB. If you like them as much as I do I would pick up another pair and put it away for future. They last about a year for me but that is a few thousand miles a year on the cobbles and dirt so I don't complain. You kinda bounce on them a little. They are made of real rubber.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Just bought another pair. Don't go by the sizes on the box or on the sandal. Try them on to be sure. The european size is correct but the US size is not.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:30 am

DaveP wrote:Flexi sandals and shoes made in Mexico are great. I have worn their sandals ever since we came to Mexico.

They are available at both Coppel stores in Chapala and a number of stores up and down Madero they are reasonably priced in the 450-700 peso range and very durable

I like Flexis too. I do a LOT of walking and Flexi sandals hold up just as well as the more expensive SAS shoes (made in Texas but there's SAS store in Guadalajara). There are high-heel Flexis too for those rare days when beauty is more important than comfort! Probably not CBob's style though.

The straps break off after a while but I get them sewn in again and they are good as new.

SAS was my hands-down favourite before a friend suggested Flexis. SAS makes very comfortable and durable walking shoes, but I pretty much live in sandals unless I'm hiking in the mountains.

I tried a pair of cheap made-in-China Walmart shoes (not sandals) for hiking and they didn't last two weeks.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:35 pm

You guys are fancy. I like flip flops.  cheers 
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder