INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Top Rated Restaurant in Ajijic - Pierrot Au Lac ???????

+14
coffeeguy
brigitte
hockables
CanuckBob
Axixic
David
twelveoaks
NoVaDamer
Rosa Venus
zenwoodle
Jeff Raybourne
arbon
Lady Otter Latté
CheenaGringo
18 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Top Rated Restaurant in Ajijic - Pierrot Au Lac ??????? - Page 3 Empty Re: New Top Rated Restaurant in Ajijic - Pierrot Au Lac ???????

Post by brigitte Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:58 am

Dolce Vita
I like and cook Middle Easern food and Thai food on a daily basis and I rarely eat French food any more
. I usually do not go to French restaurants as I am retired. Once in a while I go to check someone out but as a rule I do not even bother.

I have eaten in most 3 stars in France and know many of the chefs as it was part of my job to go and eat there and I had a nice expense account I had some incredible experiences in these places but you can have equally great experiences in a little place somewhere in Hong Kong or Thailand or many other places. It is just different and a lot easier for your system.
I personnally love very spicy food so French is not what I chose to eat but the do have some fabulous dishes as well..The top is what you like not what the reviews say.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Top Rated Restaurant in Ajijic - Pierrot Au Lac ??????? - Page 3 Empty Re: New Top Rated Restaurant in Ajijic - Pierrot Au Lac ???????

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:00 am

"The top is what you like not what the reviews say." -- Brigitte

Thumbs up 
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:34 am

brigitte wrote:Dolce Vita
I like and cook Middle Easern food and Thai food on a daily basis and I rarely eat French food any more
. I usually do not go to French restaurants as I am retired. Once in a while I go to check someone out but as a rule I do not even bother.

I have eaten in most 3 stars in France and know many of the chefs as it was part of my job to go and eat there and I had a nice expense account I had some incredible experiences in these places but you can have equally great experiences in a little place somewhere in Hong Kong or Thailand or many other places. It is just different and a lot easier for your system.
I personnally love very spicy food so French  is not what I chose to eat but the do have some fabulous dishes as well..The top is what you like not what the reviews say.

I agree with Brigitte, would not eat French food if not free, or paid to eat it.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:12 am

It all depends on the chef.  Besides, there is no more "french food" than there is "Mexican food."
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:31 am

If you don't like what yer eating....just add a little Ketchup
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I have not eaten at the replacement restaurant in the old location. Then again, I never ate at the new restaurant at its old location. I am more likely to try the replacement restaurant at the old location than the new restaurant at the new location. Although, I assume it too will quickly be the best restaurant in Ajicic on Trip Adviser. Just a feeling I have.  Very Happy 

The "old location"i the Hacienda del Lago which has reputation of changing chefs every few months.  The "new restaurant" a branch of Pierrot, a suberb restaurant in Guadalajara with an excellent reputation over many years.  I'm going to Pierrots new restaurant, St. Remy in the Tres Leones BnB.  I'll not bother with the turmoil at Hacienda del Lago.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:14 am

As I recall, chef at new restaurant was a big part of the turmoil at the old restaurant. But, hopefully, he will be happy in his new location and there will be no more drama.

I look forward to your review of the new place.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:19 am

Pierrot was operating the restaurant at Hacienda del Lago.  I've heard only about the Hacienda del Lago owner/manager being the problem.  What did you hear about the chef?  Since Hacienda del Lago has a rep for not being able to retain a chef I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the chef.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:28 am

There was a thread about it on TOB. It appeared to be mutual combat.
None of that has anything to do with quality of food however. Since both places are beyond my eating-out budget I will read about other´s dining experiences.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:58 am

I would not pay attention to all these inside fights. Chefs are usually difficult people and it seems that there i alway turmoil round them and hotel owners are not easy either so it is beat to stay away from the inside scoop which is really not of our business.
. If I hear good thing I go and try it if I like it I go back if not I go
somewhere else.
I will go to eat at Pierrot , the location is lovely so why not try it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:25 pm

I agree, Brigitte. However, "the inside scoop" was brought outside by the chef pitching a very public fit on TOB when the business deal with the hotel went south. It was embarrassing for everyone--including him.

I really look forward to reading about your experience when you go there. I love your reviews.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:50 am

One word Brigitte.

Lyon

Best food week in my life but I would rather eat Middle Eastern food on a daily basis also but when French food is right it is very right in my opinion.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:47 am

Yes Lyon is famous for its chefs..good for them.the food there is on the filling and heavy side and I do not care for it but the high cuisine restaurants in the area are very good and very expensive so give me middle eastern food any day.
Funny about the chef´s fit..French chefs are famous for their temper..

I once worked in a winery in Sonoma country that had a restaurant with a French chef and a British manager. On a Saturday night as he restaurant was totally full the chef walked out because the manager told him someone was stealing the knives... so the manager had to run the kitchen and the front for that evening and find a new chef.

I used to call on chefs at one time as weill and I very quickly learned to never enter a kitchen unless invited and to wait until late at night when the chef was unwinding to start talking with him.
Never even try to tell them anything while they are working so nothing would surprise me, that is why I never take side in these battles.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:55 am

Sorry David there is French food especially French regional food. The high cuisine was also developped by French chefs, nowadwas he techniques are used all over the world including Mexico so the high end food has become international.
Lyon is the perfect exemple it s famous for its little places making regional country food which is typical from the area and you have the 3 stars like Bocuse, La Pyramide. Les Trois Gros who use local ingredients and are inspired by the local food but have gone way beond that.
In Lyon the chefs of small places were called Meres (mother) but also a term to designate a woman as many of them were women but the high end cuisine was all headed by male chefs some of them sons of a "mere".
One of the famous one in the area is La Mere Blanc a great hotel and restaurant run by a son and maybe a grand son by now...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:02 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I agree, Brigitte. However, "the inside scoop" was brought outside by the chef pitching a very public fit on TOB ...

That was the CHEF throwing the fit on the message board??? How funny.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:26 am

Alain iwho was on the TOB is not a chef.He publishes a French Spanish internet publication aimed at the Francophiles and French.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:29 am

With the seemingly constant movement of restaurants from one location to another, I have always wondered where the money comes from and just who typically foots the bills?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:32 am

Wow. Is he ever emotionally over-invested then. I´d go back and reread the thread but it was too painful the first time.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:43 pm

brigitte wrote:Sorry David there is French food especially French regional food. The high cuisine was also developped by French chefs, nowadwas he techniques are used all over the world including Mexico so the high end food has become international.
Lyon is the perfect exemple it s famous for its little places making regional country food which is typical from the area and you have the 3 stars like Bocuse, La Pyramide. Les Trois Gros who use local ingredients and are inspired by the local food but have gone way beond that.
In Lyon the chefs of small places were called Meres (mother) but also a term to designate a woman as many of them were  women but the high end cuisine was all headed by male chefs some of them sons of a "mere".
One of the famous one in the area is La Mere Blanc a great hotel and restaurant run by a son and maybe a grand son by now...

I know this quite well having spent an inordinate amount of time in France.  What I meant was that French cuisine conveys no more information that Mexican cuisine.  Neither is a definition that is clear.  I love the regional cuisines of France as well as the many lovely regional wines, cremants, and marcs. Vive la France!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:36 pm

Take note that this discussion isn't about British food. Wonder why not?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:08 pm

So, does this restaurant exist or not?
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:19 am

In a manner of speaking, yes.  It is now in the Tres Leones BnB and the name is now St. Remy by Pierrot.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 am

Gracias!
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3