INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early Morning Taxi to Airport or Hotel?

+8
Pedro
Luisa
Zedinmexico
Irish Gal
REC
rjf1943
Rosa Venus
LaLnMX
12 posters

Go down

Early Morning Taxi to Airport or Hotel? Empty Early Morning Taxi to Airport or Hotel?

Post by LaLnMX Tue May 13, 2014 5:15 pm

We have a 9 AM flight out of GDL on a Sunday and are wondering if it is better to take an early morning taxi (can we trust them to show up Sunday early) or go the night before and stay at a hotel. If hotel is the better option, any recommendations? The Casa Grande doesn't seem to get very good reviews so other options are appreciated.

LaLnMX
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Early Morning Taxi to Airport or Hotel? Empty Re: Early Morning Taxi to Airport or Hotel?

Post by Rosa Venus Tue May 13, 2014 7:44 pm

That's not even an early flight. Just hire a reliable driver. You don't say where you are, but in Ajijic the Miramontes clan is completely reliable, and there are others. Someone will chime in with phone numbers, I'm sure. Have a nice trip.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Early Morning Taxi to Airport or Hotel? Empty Re: Early Morning Taxi to Airport or Hotel?

Post by rjf1943 Tue May 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Francisco Miramontes..........766-1142
Luis Miramontes (son).......331-307-8289

totally reliable
rjf1943
rjf1943

Back to top Go down

Post by REC Tue May 13, 2014 10:58 pm

We had a flight cancelled earlier this year due to weather NOB and wound up staying at the hotel right at the airport rather than coming back to Ajijic and going back the next day. Definitely not a place that will make you want to go there "just because" but really nothing wrong with it just for an overnight stay.

But as others have said a 9am flight is not all that early. As long as you arrange in advance there are a number of very reliable drivers including the Miramontes family. We use Samuel Reyes - don't have his number handy but will try to find it and post it tomorrow. Getting to the airport for a 9am flight won't be a problem at all.

REC

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Gal Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

When our flight was cancelled last summer, Delta offered to put us up overnight at the Casa Grande and I said "no thanks".   (My previous experience was terrible not to mention the very hard beds.)    They then offered the Hampton Inn so we went there.   It was a wonderful experience with super comfortable beds. I'd stay there again in a New York minute.  I mention all this in case you do want to stay near the airport.    

For driving to the airport, I use Samuel Reyes and he has always been on time; is an excellent driver; and is bilingual.  His contact numbers are as follows:   (376) 766-3662; cell 33 3482 0167 or 33 1289 5209.

Irish Gal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaLnMX Wed May 14, 2014 7:23 am

Very helpful advise! Thanks to everyone.  Very Happy 

LaLnMX
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed May 14, 2014 7:46 am

rjf1943 wrote:Francisco Miramontes..........766-1142
Luis Miramontes (son).......331-307-8289

totally reliable

Totally agree.  Gave up on four different taxi drivers.  Francisco and his family have many different vehicle and show up on time even if it is 3am on a sunday morning.  They also don't drive like race car drivers either. 

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Wed May 14, 2014 8:12 am

I use Carlos and he gives me a wake up call at the time I request. I like it because I know he is awake and I don't have to rely on the alarm. I have only heard very good times about the other drivers mentioned.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed May 14, 2014 8:46 am

i have mentioned my friend juan on here more than once,who i have known for many years and is totally reliable at any time-day or night
333-130-5604

use the search function to see what he has done for us as a taxi driver.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LaLnMX Wed May 14, 2014 1:40 pm

It is so nice to have options. Thanks everyone!

LaLnMX
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fig Tue May 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Anyone have the e-mail address for the Miramontes family? I need an early morning pick up at GDL next week. I'd like to tee this up from Vancouver. I'll definitely require a van. TIA

Fig

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue May 20, 2014 12:48 pm

You might try: miramontes-transfer@hotmail.com

This was from an older post but hopefully it will be correct?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fig Tue May 20, 2014 12:58 pm

I'll give it a try. thanks.

Fig

Back to top Go down

Post by Pescador Tue May 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Fig wrote:I'll give it a try.  thanks.

Hey Fig,

We will be seeing Luis tomorrow in case the email doesn't work. Send me a pm and I will relay your message, if you would like.

We used Luis yesterday for a 1pm pickup. He was there exactly at 1pm. Good kid with a great sense of humor!! Very Happy 

Let me know if I can help?

pescador

Pescador
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fig Tue May 20, 2014 11:26 pm

All arranged. That was easy. Thanks everyone. The adventure begins!

Fig

Back to top Go down

Post by dealerdave Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:51 pm

In the last while I have found a reliable fellow who is available anytime for trips to and from the airport and to and from Guadalajara. Been a bit turned off other drivers who have raised their prices but his price is reasonable. He has a nice hybrid vehicle and speaks Spanish and English fluently.

Sesar Arias 333-959-0825

dealerdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down