INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travel tips for flights to/from Washington DC?

2 posters

Go down

Travel tips for flights to/from Washington DC? Empty Travel tips for flights to/from Washington DC?

Post by hkrause Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:01 pm

We have company flying here from the DC area around Thanksgiving. She will be flying back to DC the first week in December, then we need a flight back to Guad a couple weeks later (hopefully before the Christmas travel rush).

Anybody have tips or tricks for getting less expensive flights to/from this area? If you ever fly there, what airline(s) do you recommend I touch for email updates (they previously used Delta)? Thanks for any input!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Travel tips for flights to/from Washington DC? Empty Re: Travel tips for flights to/from Washington DC?

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:17 pm

Heather:

If I were to start a search for such a trip, I think I would start off with Interjet Guadalajara/San Antonio and then connecting with Southwest in San Antonio. For one thing each of these airlines has competitive fares and then the biggie - a luggage allowance. While Interjet allows two free bags of 55lbs each one has to consider that Southwest only allows two bags of 50lbs each. So figure 100lbs of free luggage. Neither of these airlines nickel and dimes you for other add on fees and actually have flight crews that treat you properly. I just recommended such a connection to a forum member where they flew Guadalajara to Tampa, FL and they were quite happy.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Travel tips for flights to/from Washington DC? Empty Re: Travel tips for flights to/from Washington DC?

Post by hkrause Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Thanks, Neil. I'll take a look at that combo. Have always been very happy with Southwest, and loved Interjet the one time I flew with them.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Ah well... never mind. Turns out our guest has to fly Delta because of some points she wants to use, so I'll just keep an eye on their prices. Thanks anyway.

-HK
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down