INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw Milk

+7
Zedinmexico
solajijic
viajero
Pedro
CHILLIN
brigitte
Fastfox
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Raw Milk Empty Raw Milk

Post by Fastfox Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:56 pm

Does anyone know if raw milk and/or raw milk products can be purchased in Lakeside or nearby?
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Raw Milk Empty Re: Raw Milk

Post by brigitte Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Yes they can.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:32 am

Here - go right to the source! From Juan's blog.
They want to bring the cow and the booze to Lake Chapala Society - which I find to be somewhat hilarious.
https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/home/2014---our-third-year/2014-05---mayo/05-31---starbucks
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:30 pm

I got brucellosis from unpasteurized milk here so be my guest but I am not the one that will tell you where to get it or find it. The cows here are not vaccinated or check so you are on your own, good luck with unpasteurized. By the way I am French and so I had plenty of unpaseurized cheees in my life but here I stay away from it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Actually - I feel the same way about unpasteurized. Maybe the Tequila negates the potential risks? I don't think it is Tequila, but rather Aquardiente - sugar cane liquor.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:57 pm

here ya go-direct from the source add some alcohol and chocolat and ya should avoid the dreaded brucellosis. it's called a parajete and there's lotsa places you can indulge in these any morning around here.
Raw Milk Doming11
Raw Milk Amigos10

whoops i dint look at jaunrays link which got more detail. where he went was a lot more spotless than the place we went in jocotepec as well, but there were old trashed sofas ta sit on quite comfortably. it was a sunday and whole families were there,even some cops.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:51 pm

Pajarete.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:52 pm

details....

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:12 pm

We do this a least once a month, usually a Sunday, and there are lots of places.

When you arrive after settling in just ask around for a cow farm. I would call it a dairy farm but that would be a stretch. They will sell you milk.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:34 pm

brigitte wrote:I got brucellosis from unpasteurized milk here so be my guest but I am not the one that will tell you where to get it or find it. The cows here are not vaccinated or check so you are on your own, good luck with unpasteurized. By the way I am French and so I had plenty of unpaseurized cheees in my life but here I stay away from it.

Glad you mentioned this. I will do a bit or research on this. I have also consumed quite a bit of french cheese made from raw milk.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:44 pm

You might not take this as gospel, but if you look in the cow's ear and see a blue tattoo with numbers, she has been vaccinated. If you look in her ear and see a gold earring - well that is just plain weird.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Raw Milk Empty Raw Milk & cows

Post by Fastfox Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:47 pm

CHILLIN wrote:You might not take this as gospel, but if you look in the cow's ear and see a blue tattoo with numbers, she has been vaccinated. If you look in her ear and see a gold earring - well that is just plain weird.

I believe I have a good resource to find out about this. If I learn anything helpful, I will post it.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:57 pm

A commercial farm would be safer probably than a guy who has a few cows...maybe.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:36 am

In Dairy farming it all depends on how clean you are. I have seen bad large dairies and bad home dairies. Is it clean tell you lots at least up north.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Raw Milk Empty Don't use raw milk

Post by NoTengoNada Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:04 pm

Please don't use raw milk it .It is very dangerous and can carry brucellosis along wih tuberculosis ( not a well klown fact that mexico has alot of cases). All can be carried by cows , sheep and goats .You can check what I have said on the US CDC site .I caught brucellosis from a rare steak two years ago (a lot of pain and money).

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:33 pm

some of us run with scissors and if we add enough chocolat and cane alcohol to the milk we'll be fine.
according to a site i read you did not catch the bacteria from eating a steak because the bacteria is not in the muscle fibre.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:20 pm

just because you did not catch anything for the times you drank it does not mean you will not get it. I ate unpasteurized products for the first 25 years of my life and every time I go home and did not get brucelosis until I was in my 50´s.
By the way I also got TB when I was 8 so do not think you are immune because you put alcohol or chocolate in the milk.

By the way I got TB along with a cousin and an aunt from my grand-parents ´s cook and she got TB from contaminated raw milk , she was a drunk and always had some rum in her milk..so much for alcohol protecting you.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:04 pm

Brucellosis is carried by cows not not dirty dairies. It is not a cleanliness issue but an inoculation issue. Mexican cows are NOT inoculated like the cows in the USA and Canada. Chocolate and alcohol have absolutely zero bearing on the disease. Maybe straws in your nose works, but I doubt it.

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:30 pm

i was told by a very skilled doctor that straws in the nose cures just about anything. it has been suggested that the new england journal of medicine and lancet do a study on my body when it is dearly departed.-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Straws??? I thought that was your braided nose hairs........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:23 pm

they're inside the straws. kind of a fashion statement
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:27 pm

NoTengoNada wrote:Brucellosis is carried by cows not not dirty dairies. It is not a cleanliness issue but an inoculation issue. Mexican cows are NOT inoculated like the cows in the USA and Canada. Chocolate and alcohol have absolutely zero bearing on the disease. Maybe straws in your nose works, but I doubt it.

You completely missed the point. If they care enough to keep it clean I think it is more likely they care to do the other things right. I use to babysit dairies when folks use to go to the state fair. An unforgettable job I assure you but I did see many dairies and cows. Clean does tell you something in my book.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:32 pm

Geeesh.......the original OP simply asked if raw milk was available. The answer was given the next post down. Now we will have a 10 page symposium on the pros and cons of raw milk????

Jajaja......you people crack me up.

Beer 
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:01 pm

and braided nose hairs
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by NoTengoNada Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:12 am

Pedro wrote:some of us run with scissors and if we add enough chocolat and cane alcohol to the milk we'll be fine.
according to a site i read you did not catch the bacteria from eating a steak because the bacteria is not in the muscle fibre.

Pedro, this is a case of what you don't know can kill you. You are totally wrong about Brucellosis.

Please read the following link. Especially the symptoms. It is a terrible disease, but it can be treated.Everybody please read this. It is used in bio-warfare. And I got it in Ajijic. Others in Ajijic have it. Stay away from rare beef, especially beef from Northern Mexico, i.e., Durango. The only certified American beef is from Costco. Walmart sells only Mexican meats.

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/brucellosis-symptoms-treatment

NoTengoNada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next