INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning dogs

4 posters

Go down

Burning dogs Empty Burning dogs

Post by itsme Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:42 pm

I copied this from TOB, think we should all be aware of this and report to authorities if seen

Posted Today, 01:36 PM
I am personally aware of two instances of dogs being found in Ajijic in the last week with very nasty burns. The first one was a young male pitbull on the malecon. I did not personally see this dog, but know the person well who found it and took it to a vet for treatment. The vet thought it looked as though someone had thrown boiling water on it. The second one I saw today. It is a 3 month old female shepherd (?) mix who clearly has chemical or acid burns all down her back. Someone poured something on her. This little mite has really healed quite well. She crossed the careterra last evening in front of El Bar Co. There's a very nasty person or persons out there. Keep your eyes open. If anyone has room in your heart and home for either of these poor creatures, PM me and I'll put you in touch with the people who are caring for them. Meanwhile - keep an eye on your animals!!

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Burning dogs Empty Re: Burning dogs

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:30 pm

Sigh…..

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Sometimes cheap tick/flea killer can cause a chemical burn along the back of an animal. Not saying this is the case here, but something to keep in mind.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:29 pm

This is scar that runs along the length of the spine and down the rear leg. A bit more than a collar contact burn.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 pm

Sorry, I didn't fully explain that I meant liquid flea/tick killer.

I saw a dog a couple of months ago with a wide, black scar running from her shoulders to her hind quarters. She seemed to have healed OK but it was an ugly scar and must have been awful when it was open and raw.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:39 am

Know of a pup whose owner gave it second degree burns over a large part of her body. Used hot oil in order to "get rid of fleas". It was touch and go for this little girl and took months, and much time living at the vet, to heal. She has been adopted by a loving family.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down