INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Film CANCER IS CURABLE NOW

+6
brigitte
Jim W
Lady Otter Latté
TrueBrit
somewhereinmexico
ra27
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Film CANCER IS CURABLE NOW Empty New Film CANCER IS CURABLE NOW

Post by ra27 Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:10 am

This new documentary can be seen on youtube channel of Oliver Ortiz; 1hr53min. This information can save lives.

ra27

Back to top Go down

New Film CANCER IS CURABLE NOW Empty Re: New Film CANCER IS CURABLE NOW

Post by somewhereinmexico Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm

I have also read about the scorpion venom used for a medicine/supplement.. i would say that 30 day pill cycle would be used as a last resort if nothing else is helping

somewhereinmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:07 pm

Remember 'laetrile'? This was the 70's cancer 'cure' that was sold in much the same way as the advice in this documentary. Many cancer victims sought the treatment, most famously the actor Steve McQueen, which had no effect on outcomes whatsoever.

As long as there remain crippling and fatal diseases, there will undoubtedly be individuals eager to offer "alternatives" to scientific treatment and large numbers of desperate individuals willing to purchase them. I worked in cancer research for many years - there is NO conspiracy. I am no fan or apologist for Big Pharma - but the hundreds of thousands of scientists working diligently towards a cure should not be discounted because of a for-profit system.
With laetrile, a cadre of John Birch Society members saw the repression of Laetrile as a sinister plot against their basic freedoms and the same anti-corporate science conspiracies surfaced. After it was dubbed "vitamin B-17," an army of health food devotees promoted Laetrile, along with vitamins and diet, as nature's answer to cancer.

After peaking in the late 1970s, the "Laetrile Movement" ran out of steam in the wake of a Supreme Court decision, the NCI study, the death of Steve McQueen, and other unfavorable publicity. But as the Laetrile fantasy faded, its prime movers added many other "miracle cures" to their arsenal and added AIDS, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, and multiple sclerosis to the list of diseases they claim to treat. Although they appear to speak with sincerity, they still fail to sponsor the type of research which could persuade the scientific world that anything they offer is effective.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:12 pm

Thank you, TrueBrit, for the voice of reason.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:59 pm

There are so many cancer types....no way one solution fits all.   I would love to read of a cancer cure for me.   I have Metastatic Squamous cell from unknown origin.    According to my Oncologist never has it been brought into remission.  

Personally, I am tired of hearing about VOO DOO cures!   Unless you've lived it and been cured.....please keep your BS to yourself. New Film CANCER IS CURABLE NOW 633732  Shit stirring  drunk
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:42 pm

Well said Jim. Several of my family members have cancer and one of them told me yesterday "you are never cured" you live with it until it comes back and fight it again. It is a never ending battle. A friend of hers was "cured" and thirty years later it came back with vengeance..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:50 am

Exactly, Brigitte. Success over cancer is expressed in survival rates over time. Aggressive cancers may have a 5 year survival rate of 10%; less aggressive cancers might have a survival rate of 90%. For example bladder cancer has a 5 year survival rate of 78% meaning after 5 years of being diagnosed with cancer 78 out of 100 people will still be alive.
I am sure one day we will look back at chemotherapy, surgery and radiation as very crude treatments (a point made in the documentary), but there is no alternative that improves the survival rate.
I have worked in medical research and direct health care my whole life and nothing disgusts me more than seeing this type of unproven (and as Jim rightly calls it - Voodoo) "cures" being peddled to people at their most vulnerable.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:40 am

Some cancers are actually considered "curable" if they can remove the affected areas before it has spread. Prostate cancer is one example of this. In some cases they think they got it all but they didn't and it can come back years later as stated above.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:08 am

There is also an aggressive (known as "tiger") prostate cancer that is more deadly. A friend of mine died of it after initially choosing conservative and later "nontraditional" treatment. His last shot at it was a $50,000 (U.S. dollars) stem-cell treatment in South Korea which was supposedly banned in the U.S. because Big Pharma. He was told when diagnosed that he had 5 to 7 years if he did nothing. He died 6 years later after all his efforts and money spent. People with cancer who want to live are the most vulnerable, sheep to be shorn by the unscrupulous. I am with Jim W, Brigitte and TrueBrit.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:53 am

My statement was in response to Brigitte's post that said "you are never cured". This is not true and I wanted to offer a counter opinion. I have personal experience.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:18 pm

I certainly hope it is not true that no one is ever really cured since I love several cancer survivors, including my daughter. Her oncologist spoke in terms of five-, 10- and 20-year survival rates , not "cures." After more than 10 years there is still a fear that lingers in the background of every physical exam even though she is healthy and happy.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:50 pm

If you Google "is cancer curable" you will be surprised (I know I was) to see many articles that state they are "curing" up to 80% of cancers now. I know the feeling your daughter is experiencing.

BTW....the definition of cured is that it is gone and never returns. It is like you never had it in the first place (unless you had some side effects from the treatment). Of course there is also cancer that is put into remission or reversed but that is not called a "cure" as that can indeed come back in later years.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Thank you, CBob.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:55 pm

CanuckBob wrote:If you Google "is cancer curable" you will be surprised (I know I was) to see many articles that state they are "curing" up to 80% of cancers now. I know the feeling your daughter is experiencing.

BTW....the definition of cured is that it is gone and never returns. It is like you never had it in the first place (unless you had some side effects from the treatment). Of course there is also cancer that is put into remission or reversed but that is not called a "cure" as that can indeed come back in later years.

CB, even Prostate cancer is normally considered cured when you have your prostate removed, however, in most cases you are tested and if your PSA comes back above ZERO......off to the Oncologist.   On the other hand some prostate cancer is not aggressive and tends not to spread.   A friend living @ Lakeside was diagnosed with prostate cancer at the age of 70 and opted to keep his prostate.   He just turned 82 and going strong. 

I think when it comes to cancer of any kind there are no absolutes.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:06 pm

"I think when it comes to cancer of any kind there are no absolutes."

Amen.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:51 pm

TrueBrit wrote:Exactly, Brigitte.  Success over cancer is expressed in survival rates over time.  Aggressive cancers may have a 5 year survival rate of 10%; less aggressive cancers might have a survival rate of 90%.  For example bladder cancer has a 5 year survival rate of 78% meaning after 5 years of being diagnosed with cancer 78 out of 100 people will still be alive.
I am sure one day we will look back at chemotherapy, surgery and radiation as very crude treatments (a point made in the documentary), but there is no alternative that improves the survival rate.
I have worked in medical research and direct health care my whole life and nothing disgusts me more than seeing this type of unproven (and as Jim rightly calls it - Voodoo) "cures" being peddled to people at their most vulnerable.

Totally agree with you TrueBrit.  In my case 3% make it 5 years or 3 out of 100.  I have been approached by at least 6 people offering a miracle cure,  everything from cannabis oil to asparagus.   In every case I ran it by my Oncologist, including drug trials.   He never tried to talk me out of anything.   I truly believe he wants me to make the 5 year mark.   I also believe that if any of the "VOODOO" worked he would jump on the bandwagon.  While I am not ready to die, I am also not a fool.......spending 50k-100k chasing a cure!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Jim , I hope you are one of the guys who defies the statistics, there is always one somewhere , just as well be you!

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 pm

I had a friend a couple of years ago with throat cancer, he choose due to age to not go for the chemo and radiation. His wife started juicing him each day with fresh veggies and he is considered cured, he has no more tumor. Will it come back? who knows, but for now he is happy living his life. He lives here in Mexico.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:39 pm

brigitte wrote:Jim , I hope you are one of the guys who defies the statistics, there is always one somewhere , just as well be you!

Brigitte, Thank You....If anyone can I will.   Meanwhile feeling great after transfusion, AND, kickin back in the pool, listening to Loggins and Messina!

Have a great night!

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 pm

Have a great night too
Brigitte

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by TrueBrit Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:28 pm

The issue of cure versus remission is interesting. Cancer is a cellular level disease, only apparent when it is large enough to be observed directly or indirectly, or measured (eg PSA).

Complete remission means that there are no symptoms and no signs that can be identified to indicate the presence of cancer. However, even when a person is in remission, there may be microscopic collections of cancer cells that cannot be identified by current techniques. This means that even if a person is in remission, they may, at some future time, experience a recurrence of their cancer.

Doctors will sometimes refer to 5-year cure rate or a 10- or more year cure rate. What they really mean by this is a 5- or more year remission rate. The longer the remission time lasts, the greater the possibility that the cancer actually has been cured, but there are cases of cancer recurrence many, many years after remission begins. So if the doctor says there is a 95 percent 5-year cure/remission rate for a particular cancer, it means that after five years, 95 percent of people with that cancer will still be in remission (meaning that you have an extremely high likelihood of not having a recurrence for at least five years). With people living longer and longer, doctors can now often give remission rates for 10, 15 or even 20 years. In many ways, the approach to most cancer treatment is to make it a chronic disease that lasts for many years.

So can we ever really talk about a cancer cure? In general, the answer is no. Practically speaking, however, the odds of a recurrence may be so low that the person is essentially cured. To put it another way, depending on your age, the doctor may tell you that the odds of your dying of cancer are lower than are your odds of dying of something else. Let’s say the doctor says there is an 80 percent remission rate for your cancer at 10 years. But at your age and health status, there is a 90 percent chance of death due to cardiovascular disease within that 10-year time. You could say your cancer was cured, but it wouldn’t necessarily be a very joyous occasion.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Thank You Brigitte,  Funny how things turn out in life!  I am in a really good place now.  Don't want to die, Deb and I are working as a team.  We have our cry times, but over all life is good.  We play golf together 3 days a week, and treasure our time.  Me I was ready to swallow a bullet.  Fortunately, I reread my Depak Chopra book.   I now focus on the now, vs.  the past and future.  

Night time for me now!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by somewhereinmexico Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:15 pm

In reality mr aajonus vanderplanitz was succesfull at fighting his terminal cancer since he was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I looked for him but he died in south east asia this last 2 years

somewhereinmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:30 pm

In reality, no disease is 100% fatal. Some people will not die no matter the odds against them. No matter what they do or do not do to "fight" their disease, they will live. Others doing the exact same thing will die. No one knows why.

The other reality is the certainty that life itself is 100% fatal.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:48 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:
The other reality is the certainty that life itself is 100% fatal.
And in the words of Janis Joplin: "Get it while you can"
Hope to be back home in September to raise a few with you Jim. Beer  Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down