INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOPE HOUSE

+9
TrueBrit
2mexicos
char-ming
Pedro
Lady Otter Latté
Luisa
Zedinmexico
hockables
Jim W
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HOPE HOUSE - Page 2 Empty Re: HOPE HOUSE

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:48 pm

You express an opinion shared by many. Your heart is generous and you put your money where your mouth is. I do not have to agree with you to respect you. Rock on, Jim!

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:27 pm

char-ming wrote:1. Attempting to improve the lives of abandoned cats and dogs is not pathetic. It's humane.
2. Many people here support animals and children.  Do you?
3. Hope House receives monthly support from Upscale Resale in addition to other resources.
4. Have you checked the large number of organizations and resale shops that support children?  
5. We support what we can, according to our interests and means.

So Char-ming, where are you hiding?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:21 pm

there are no "girls" at hope house and what are the "boys" going to do when they have to go out in the world in a catholic country when they have been indoctrinated by an organization appropriately springing from a town called "jonesboro"? will they be accepted or will it be a further burden for them? it is good that they are being fed food and housed though.
i'm sure charm-ing is not hiding and has expressed their opinion so why should they bother with further discourse since they have already stated that they support living beings in need and help to the best of their ability and choice?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:29 pm

It really is the End Times. I agree with Pedro. Shocked
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 am

Cats, Dogs, People  ....I try to do the best with all and most of my friends also do so. Its not an or situation in my opinion. I couldn't walk past a starving kitten anymore than a child in some kind of need. My wife got a lecture once from a local orphanage about how they should be the ONLY charity and why. I lost some faith in this charity but we still donate because it is about the children. I admit I have no natural child which may modify my beliefs compared to parents.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:45 am

Pedro there are plenty of Evangelist churches in mexico to join but you brought up a very good point , the sress and danger for these children is when they leave the orphanage.
I worked in an orphanage /detention home in France and lived in the compound, the children lived there for years and were not prepare to leave when they turned 18.
They were given a a place to live when they got out but many were totally overwhelmed and there was a very high pecentage of them who commited suicide.
It was one of the most sressful place I have ever worked in. The place I worked in was a government organization so it was sink or swim at 18. Maybe that church continues to be a family for these young adult.
I do not like any church but in that case it may have a place.

t

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:46 am

Jim I admire all your efforts to help our community, and it's generous of you to bring soccer balls and pizza to the boys. Anything anyone can do to help the community of Mexicans who don't have a real home is admirable. I'm so glad to hear about the mentoring program, that there will be some guidance for the boys to transition into adulthood. Kudos to you Jim!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:00 am

Different people, all friends of mine, have different charitable priorities. I leave it at that.
Some of these same people have different political philosophies. I leave it at that.
Works for  me.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:04 am

slainte39 wrote:Different people, all friends of mine, have different charitable priorities. I leave it at that.
Some of these same people have different political philosophies. I leave it at that.
Works for  me.

and those that don't.... leave them at that Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2