INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to renounce your USA citizenship?

+9
Smartalex
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
arbon
viajero
Jim W
Pedro
Rolly
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Want to renounce your USA citizenship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Want to renounce your USA citizenship?

Post by viajero Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:52 am

Pedro wrote:
i spent many years in montana and never heard the kind of excited states bashing by it's own,
Yeah,I'll bet you didn't engage in much US bashing there either....unlike here and now from your computer.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Want to renounce your USA citizenship? - Page 2 Empty Re: Want to renounce your USA citizenship?

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:37 am

arbon wrote:

¿So slainte are you still claimed by the IRS as an American citizen for Taxes?

So arbon, if you will tell me why you want to know, I might answer your question.  Maybe you are thinking about applying for US citizenship, as I assume you are  Canadian as you are assuming I have US citizenship.
You would be better off talking to an  immigration attorney and  not seeking my advice.
Each individual's case, usually, is different. If you are retired, you won't have any problem with the US IRS.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:29 pm

2 of us canuckleheads have lived near 2 seperate border states bob next to washington and i spent 18 years at my cabin in montana and we now are able to observe merkins here which is quite difernt. our observations are based on actual people interaction. oh, and i'm sure the same goes for bob. i have met people from many states that settled in montana. if an opinion is not valid based on actual experience then what is?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:34 pm

viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:
i spent many years in montana and never heard the kind of excited states bashing by it's own,
Yeah,I'll bet you didn't engage in much US bashing there either....unlike here and now from your computer.
we had the pleasure of bashing each other[verbally] in any one of the 3 bars in belt personally and we were all friends ,and i was the only canucklehead.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:49 pm

slainte39 wrote:
arbon wrote:

¿So slainte are you still claimed by the IRS as an American citizen for Taxes?

So arbon, if you will tell me why you want to know, I might answer your question.  Maybe you are thinking about applying for US citizenship, as I assume you are  Canadian as you are assuming I have US citizenship.
You would be better off talking to an  immigration attorney and  not seeking my advice.
Each individual's case, usually, is different. If you are retired, you won't have any problem with the US IRS.

The thread is titled "Want to renounce your USA citizenship?"

There are many thousands of people who don't know that they are considered USA citizens. (by accident)

You have been asked if you wanted to share your personal information, if you do not evidently your file will/could be sent to the IRS and they will decide if you owe them taxes....(FATCA)
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Slainte, it is kind of flattering that so many citizens of other countries are fascinated with the U.S., citizenship status and, particularly, the workings of the IRS. Though in the U.S., tax concerns of strangers usually fall under "None of your business" those from other places apparently share all on web boards.
There also seems to be some quaint rule that once you comment on a thread you are obligated to respond to all questions no matter how intrusive or irrelevant.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:33 pm

I am a born, bred, and buttered, "ciudadano mexicano", as far as Mexico is concerned; as well as Irish (citizenship) by ancestry.
Illegals working or living in the US, now and before, are not bound by US tax laws, except when working in the US.
If you are/were illegal in the US, there is nothing to renounce, so no file going anywhere.

Last edited by slainte39 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Slainte, it is kind of flattering that so many citizens of other countries are fascinated with the U.S., citizenship status and, particularly, the workings of the IRS. Though in the U.S., tax concerns of strangers usually fall under "None of your business" those from other places apparently share all on web boards.
There also seems to be some quaint rule that once you comment on a thread you are obligated to respond to all questions no matter how intrusive or irrelevant.

We would  not want to keep arbon  not well informed, would we?  Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:37 pm

Imagine there's no country
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

--John Lennon
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 pm

When Canada’s banks reopen for business on July 2, they will begin formally operating as informants for the United States Internal Revenue Service — the IRS.

Two women have challenged the constitutionality of a Canada-U.S. agreement to share the tax information of U.S. citizens resident in Canada, with the IRS

FATCA
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:46 pm

arbon wrote:When Canada’s banks reopen for business on July 2

....of 2015???  I sure hope the Canucks have a lot of cash stuffed in the mattress...or somebody is servicing the ATM machines.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Bank accounts have been closed in Mexico. Eh

“The IGA relieves Canadian banks and therefore their depositors from the really nasty, harsh bits of FATCA, like the requirement that the banks close the accounts of ‘recalcitrant’ U.S. depositors,”
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:10 pm

This is the part Americans have trouble with. Eh

“If the lawsuit is successful these people could find themselves cast out of the relatively genteel walled garden of the IGA (intergovernment agreement) into the stark light of FATCA [foreign account tax compliance act],” says Roy Berg, director, U.S. tax law at Calgary’s Moodys Gartner Tax Law.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:25 pm

viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:

I know folks in Montana... U wanna bash The Stars & Stripes there... U gonna git yer ass kicked!! Beer

Also... many of them folks in the southern states couldn't find Montana on a map
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Smartalex wrote:Imagine there's no country
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too

--John Lennon

Want to renounce your USA citizenship? - Page 2 Peter-puck
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:08 pm

hockables wrote:
I know folks in Montana... U wanna bash The Stars & Stripes there... U gonna git yer ass kicked!!   Beer

That was my point Hocks,if I were to start bashing Canada in a bar in Calgary,I would probably get my ass kicked too,and deservedly so.

Last edited by viajero on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 pm

I love Montana. In my previous life, I worked on several projects there and spent a lot of time in various cities of the state.
Montana was the first state to have a gay rodeo.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:16 pm

viajero wrote:
hockables wrote:
I know folks in Montana... U wanna bash The Stars & Stripes there... U gonna git yer ass kicked!!   Beer

That was my point Hocks,if I were to start bashing Canada in a bar in Calgary,I would probably get my ass kicked too,and deservedly so.

Nah.....they won't care much but if you started bashing hockey then it would be game on!!!!!

Beer

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Maybe that's why the last time I was in BC I got the shit looks when I asked them to put one of the TV's on golf......Sports bar with all sets on the same Hockey game. jajaja:30: Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

Nah.....they won't care much but if you started bashing hockey then it would be game on!!!!!

Beer

So I probably shouldn't mention the fact a Canadian team hasn't won a Stanley Cup in 30 years,I can see how that might be a sensitive subject.

Last edited by viajero on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:21 pm

Jim W wrote:Maybe that's why the last time I was in BC I got the shit looks when I asked them to put one of the TV's on golf......Sports bar with all sets on the same Hockey game.   jajaja:30: Beer Beer Beer  

In Hockey Land.... Golf means Your Team Is Done For The Season...   Beer

Bob might be right.... don't go bad mouthing the Beer.... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:25 pm

viajero wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

Beer

So I probably shouldn't mention the fact a Canadian team hasn't won a Stanley Cup in 30 years,is that a sensitive subject? Very Happy

Chicago's winning team was damned near all Canadian.... I think there were as many players from Saskatchewan as there were from The US..... snork

We already beat U guys a couple o times in Baseball.... now we're work'n on Tennis
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs. Rupert Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:29 pm

Well, I guess that is $2350 I will not have to spend.

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:57 pm

hockables wrote:
viajero wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

Beer

So I probably shouldn't mention the fact a Canadian team hasn't won a Stanley Cup in 30 years,is that a sensitive subject? Very Happy

Chicago's winning team was damned near all Canadian.... I think there were as many players from Saskatchewan as there were from The US..... snork

We already beat U guys a couple o times in Baseball.... now we're work'n on Tennis

Hocks, maybe the reason there are so many players from Canada playing Hockey in the US, and USA teams, is Canadians don't support their passion!   Beer Beer Beer How many Canadian baseball players in Toronto? Me I don't care, as watch neither!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Actually it is because there are only so many teams in the league. The most NHL worthy players currently come from Canada so it only makes sense that many teams would be mostly Canadian. The players get drafted and traded. They don' t generally have much say in where they play if they want to remain in the league.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:13 pm

hockey is canadian and canadian players rule everywhere and especially in canucklehead land and the excited states and montanans like pedro who was known as canadian pete-put that in yer pipe and smoke it. golf is not a sport. it's a pass time in the off season for canadian hockey players who didn't make the stanley cup playoffs. who in their right mind would watch golf in a sports bar. darts is more interesting as is snooker and 5 pin bowling.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next