INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Legalizing Korean Car -- Is it legal now?

+7
Rolly
viajero
slainte39
SunFan
Gamina
David
mexicoblue
11 posters

Go down

Legalizing Korean Car -- Is it legal now? Empty Legalizing Korean Car -- Is it legal now?

Post by mexicoblue Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 am

I was told I could now legalize my Korean car -- It's a 2004 Kia Optima with VIN beginning with "K" for 28,000 pesos by:
Gary Keeler
garykeeler@prodigy.net.mx
765-5149 home

Anyone have confirming information on this?
Thanks,
Blue

mexicoblue

Back to top Go down

Legalizing Korean Car -- Is it legal now? Empty Re: Legalizing Korean Car -- Is it legal now?

Post by David Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:11 pm

It was made in Korea, so not likely a candidate.  The car must have been made in a NAFTA country to be a candidate for nationalization.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Legalizing Korean Car -- Is it legal now? Empty Re: Legalizing Korean Car -- Is it legal now?

Post by Gamina Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:03 pm

I am posting this for Gary Keeler in order to clear up some questions people had about who he is:

SEPTEMBER 2, 2014

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Hi, my name is Gary Keeler and I am the guy Nationalizing cars at the Guadalajara Airport Aduana Offices.  Currently, I am the only one authorized to work with the Aduana Agent in order to get your car plated.

Why am I the only one? There are several reasons (1) I speak fluent Spanish (2) I have been working with this agent for one year and have brought them a lot of business. (3) The security at the Aduana complex was increased and strict rules were put into place to restrict access. (4) Management felt the agent I deal with was being overwhelmed with people showing up unexpectedly. So I was asked if I would be the sole source. I have to make appointments to present applications.

I have completed - that is, provided official Jalisco receipts, pedimentos , stickers, and plates for about 30 cars and I have zero complaints (Except for the process taking longer than we originally projected but after all, we are in Mexico). I put the stickers on your windows and get down on my hands and knees to install the plates.

Do I get paid? Yes, I make a commission on each car. The entire process is expensive, but I do not set the fees. I paid $33,000 pesos to have mine done.

I have received referrals from those I have helped and “word of mouth”. I have never advertized although, some friends have put my name out there. Most recently, I been receiving referrals from some companies. I am working with Olivia at Parker Insurance. (I have been with them for 11 years and they are the best – cost and service.) I also work with Beatriz de la Garza in Guadalajara. She does immigration papers, translation, tours of Guadalajara and the Area, etc. Perfect English. (Visit www.retiringinmex.com.)

Some ask “Is it legal?” All I know is I get the same papers as you would get going to the border plus the plates, all for one fee.

If you have questions or want to get started please call or write.

Gary Keeler

376-765-5149 or cell 331-735-3881

garykeeler at prodigy.net.mx
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:04 pm

Gamina wrote:I am posting this for Gary Keeler in order to clear up some questions people had about who he is:

SEPTEMBER 2, 2014

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Hi, my name is Gary Keeler and I am the guy Nationalizing cars at the Guadalajara Airport Aduana Offices.  Currently, I am the only one authorized to work with the Aduana Agent in order to get your car plated.

Why am I the only one? There are several reasons (1) I speak fluent Spanish (2) I have been working with this agent for one year and have brought them a lot of business. (3) The security at the Aduana complex was increased and strict rules were put into place to restrict access. (4) Management felt the agent I deal with was being overwhelmed with people showing up unexpectedly. So I was asked if I would be the sole source. I have to make appointments to present applications.

I have completed - that is, provided official Jalisco receipts, pedimentos , stickers, and plates for about 30 cars and I have zero complaints (Except for the process taking longer than we originally projected but after all, we are in Mexico). I put the stickers on your windows and get down on my hands and knees to install the plates.

Do I get paid? Yes, I make a commission on each car. The entire process is expensive, but I do not set the fees. I paid $33,000 pesos to have mine done.

I have received referrals from those I have helped and “word of mouth”. I have never advertized although, some friends have put my name out there. Most recently, I been receiving referrals from some companies. I am working with Olivia at Parker Insurance. (I have been with them for 11 years and they are the best – cost and service.) I also work with Beatriz de la Garza in Guadalajara. She does immigration papers, translation, tours of Guadalajara and the Area, etc. Perfect English. (Visit www.retiringinmex.com.)

Some ask “Is it legal?” All I know is I get the same papers as you would get going to the border plus the plates, all for one fee.

If you have questions or want to get started please call or write.

Gary Keeler

376-765-5149 or cell 331-735-3881

garykeeler at prodigy.net.mx

"Only one authorized to work with Aduana"????

"Some ask is it legal? All I know is I get the same papers as you would get going to the border plus the plates, all for one fee."

Self Promotion? My antennae are twitching.

SunFan

SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:23 pm

Well, only Moses got to go up Mt. Sinai. Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:50 am

Do you get export papers from the USA using any local facilitator? No you don't.

Uncle Sam is aware of the issues going on in Mexico. There will be fines if you get caught not exporting your vehicle.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:53 am

Playaboy - this U.S. export thing was debunked quite some time ago. The rules clearly state, in writing, that the export permit only applies to vehicles which are to be immediately used for resale. Vehicles for personal use are exempt, but you can sell or scrap within a few years.

CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 am

Playaboy wrote:Do you get export papers from the USA using any local facilitator?  No you don't.

Uncle Sam is aware of the issues going on in Mexico.  There will be fines if you get caught not exporting your vehicle.
Playaboy,seeing as how you're in the business of buying ex-pat's vehicles and re-selling them NoB,I can understand your interest in the subject.
One well known and highly recommended customs broker in Nogales,Oscar Angulo, is doing virtual nationalizations and I haven't heard any complaints about his services.I brought my Tacoma down in 2005 and it hasn't left the country since and never will.Do you honestly believe that the US government is going to come after me if I do a virtual nationalization.I don't want to break anyone's rice bowl but you might want to include a disclaimer when you post on this subject.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 am

CHILLIN wrote:this U.S. export thing was debunked quite some time ago. The rules clearly state, in writing, that the export permit only applies to vehicles which are to be immediately used for resale. Vehicles for personal use are exempt, but you can sell or scrap within a few years.
Where can I find this rule/regulation?
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:32 am

Rolly, the post and link is on TOB (chapala.com), posted by Joco. Oscar is a lawyer, but he is not a registered customs broker. Most brokers would not have time to spare for one time personal imports - it would be like trying to hire an expensive trial lawyer to fight a traffic ticket.

Export. "Export" refers to the transportation of merchandise out of the U.S. for the purpose of being entered into the commerce of a foreign country. wrote:
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:50 am

CHILLIN wrote:Rolly, the post and link is on TOB (chapala.com), posted by Joco. Oscar is a lawyer, but he is not a registered customs broker. Most brokers would not have time to spare for one time personal imports - it would be like trying to hire an expensive trial lawyer to fight a traffic ticket.

Hey Polly want a cracker?

Wrong again Polly, there are vehicle custom brokers all along the border handling individual car imports. Maybe you should drive up and talk with some of them.

Last edited by Playaboy on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by zenwoodle Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:52 am

The OP asked specifically about Korean cars.
I do not see any responses which address that question. Beer
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicoblue Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:43 pm

I spoke with Gary today and he said he asked his Aduana contact who said that she could nationalize my K car. He trusts her. Also said if there was any problem, all the money would be refunded. I don't need to do this until next fall when I become permanente, so think I'll just ride this out for awhile and see what laws are in effect at that time.

mexicoblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:51 pm

Good idea, Mexicoblue. "All the money will be refunded" is a common promise and not always true. You do not find that out until it is too late.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down