INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sawasdee krab!

+3
Zedinmexico
IslandGirl
BillyBaht
7 posters

Go down

Sawasdee krab! Empty Sawasdee krab!

Post by BillyBaht Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:42 am

Hi All!

I was referred to this board by my friends Billy and Akaisha Kaderli; I caught up with them in Chiang Mai where I am currently living.

For a bit of back ground, I retired early at 49 and my original plan was to move to the Lake Chapala area- but I ended up in Thailand. Well, I have the Thai T-Shirt already so its time to broaden my horizons.

And I love Mexican food, hehe

I will go to Houston, TX this coming November, look around, apply for a Texas DL, check in with VA Health Care, then who knows, I might just end up at Lake Chapala :)

I like ridding motorcycles, travel, learning new cultures and just plain old loafing, LOLs!

I'm happy to share any knowledge that I have about Thailand and thanks in advance for me pestering you all with Mexico related questions.

Chok dee! (Good luck)

BB

Sawasdee krab! 2014-03-10080303_zps7c5bd739
BillyBaht
BillyBaht

Back to top Go down

Sawasdee krab! Empty Re: Sawasdee krab!

Post by IslandGirl Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:47 am

We have visited Thailand a number of times. Our daughter lives on Ko Phangan. Chiang Mai's weather is not as hot and humid as other parts of Thailand and we liked it very much, but Lake Chapala's weather is much more suited to us. Come down and check it out. It's a great lifestyle and community.

IslandGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:48 am

Come visit. We play well down here and have a good time. Mucha old folks including me laugh out loud. Guess I am saying not much of a youth culture but we like it.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:10 am

Welcome to Inside Lakeside BB. How long have you lived in Thailand?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyan Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:13 am

Met a couple Mon. who's been living in Thailand for 10 years and just arrived Lakeside last week for an extended stay of undetermined length. They have rented an unfurnished place and are actively looking for items to fill it up. They would definitely be considered youth compared to most of us here. They have young children and I don't think either one of them can be 40.

Bunyan

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:57 am

One of our forum members (bman2) just moved from Ajijic to Cambodia a couple of months ago. He seems to be enjoying it so far. He said it makes Mexico look really expensive. Maybe he'll see this and give us a full report.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:33 am

a friend of mine who lived in chapala for many years moved to chiang mai about 2 years ago. he lives in a high rise there and is in his late 70's. here he was called mexico jerry and now calls himself chaing mai jerry. maybe you can find him as he has a wealth of knowledge. i have his e-mail address.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:31 pm

CanuckBob wrote:One of our forum members (bman2) just moved from Ajijic to Cambodia a couple of months ago. He seems to be enjoying it so far. He said it makes Mexico look really expensive. Maybe he'll see this and give us a full report.

Really? Interesting and unusual choice. I lived in Cambodia for four years.....where'd he move to, which area? It's got to be one of my most fave places in the world...except for their abysmal human rights record, land grabbing, destruction of the majority of its forests, and the corrupt government/strongman Hun Sen. But the people and food and the beaches, Siem Reap, and so much more are wonderful. I had a house in Phnom Penh, and for a time, in Siem Reap as well.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:00 pm

He is on the beach in some coastal town called Sihanoukville. He is saying he likes it a lot better than Mexico so far.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mielicita Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:43 pm

CanuckBob wrote:He is on the beach in some coastal town called Sihanoukville. He is saying he likes it a lot better than Mexico so far.

Sihanoukville and surrounding beaches are lovely and still "relatively" untouched.....and certainly less expensive, although the government has tried to make the coastal area a tourist mecca. But it's far too humid for me....a short trip from PP is one thing, living there another.

mielicita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBaht Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 am

IslandGirl wrote:We have visited Thailand a number of times.  Our daughter lives on Ko Phangan.   Chiang Mai's weather is not as hot and humid as other parts of Thailand and we liked it very much, but Lake Chapala's weather is much more suited to us. Come down and check it out. It's a great lifestyle and community.

Thanks IG. I've spent most of my time in the northern half of Thailand, but I did ride the train from Bangkok to Hat Yai once for a visa trip to Penang, Malaysia :)

BillyBaht
BillyBaht

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBaht Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:49 am

CanuckBob wrote:Welcome to Inside Lakeside BB. How long have you lived in Thailand?

Hi Bob. Moved to Thailand in 2003 and pretty much stayed here except for 11 month during 2011-12 to go back home and help care for the folks.

I like Cambodia and was intending to rid e my bike there, but never made it. Just so busy loafing and doing nothing, LOL!

The photo below isn't Cambodia, its from a Thai army post looking across to a Burmese army post. They were making nice the day I was there :)

Sawasdee krab! 2014-01-10115213_zpsd5186f93
BillyBaht
BillyBaht

Back to top Go down

Post by BillyBaht Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:00 am

Dear All,

Many thanks for making me feel welcome! I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys in Chapala :)

Some of these rural Thai villages are so laid back :)

Sawasdee krab! 2014-01-10114554_zps2cb90ab1
BillyBaht
BillyBaht

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum