INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Doctors Health Insurance

4 posters

Go down

Best Doctors Health Insurance Empty Best Doctors Health Insurance

Post by Calgary Native Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:40 pm

I am sure this topic has been discussed in the past but unfortunately I was not able to find any information on it. I am moving to Lakeside in Nov. and would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this company good or bad. Because of my age (67) I am looking at purchasing some health insurance from them as the premiums seem to be somewhat reasonable.

Calgary Native

Back to top Go down

Best Doctors Health Insurance Empty Re: Best Doctors Health Insurance

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:14 am

Look think of this as partial self insurance. I would want to have a sum of money put aside to cover what is not covered. This is not the kind of policy that will fix your tennis elbow but it will help with major illness. You will have to take a exam at 67 I believe. My wife has Best Doctors but I cannot comment on collecting from policy as she is very healthy.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalamed Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:33 am

I have patients whom have it and have used it. There are PROs and CONs as with any policy. But at the age of 67, a person's options for health insurance is limited.
It is meant to be a catastrophic policy. From my experience, and my patients' experiences, I am listing the PROs and CONs

BEST DOCTORS -

PROs
- Provides NEW coverage to people up to the age of 74.  I am not an insurance agent but I haven't come across another policy that will cover NEW patients over the age of 64.

- Will cover PRE-Existing conditions after 1 year that the policy holder has had had it. For example, if a person has had high blood pressure, it will take one year to cover a claim that is directly related to high blood pressure.

- Application procedure is simple and straightforward. You get a simple  blood test, chest X-ray and have your primary care physician fill out the questionnaire.

- BEST DOCTORS SECOND OPINION -  I (as a physician) and my patients like the added piece of mind that any testing or treatment/procedure is reviewed by their Doctors in the U.S.  This is really important especially when an invasive procedure has been the recommended course of treatment. I find that 90% of the time they have concurred with my findings and line of treatment that I have recommended.  

-Either a $3000.00 or $5000.00 deductible per calendar year. BOOMERS IN PARADISE first got this group insurance going @ Lakeside. Then FOCUS-ON-MEXICO carbon-copied their policy. The FOCUS group has fewer people in their group and that in large part is the reason why the FOCUS group's deductible is less.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONS - Emergencies you most likely have to pay out of pocket for. BUT they will reimburse you within 3-4 weeks if that particular claim is covered under your policy.

- Knee replacements, hip replacements and other claims that are not "catastrophic" are not covered but if you fracture a hip in an "emergency" situation, it will be covered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I can go on and on but the FAQs  are listed on the following BOOMER'S web site and you can inform yourself better and see if  the BEST DOCTORS policy is best suited for you needs.

LINK- BEST DOCTORS FAQs.

BELOW is the reason why I, as a physician, like this feature that BEST DOCTORS HAS TO OFFER

CLICK HERE  - BEST DOCTORS VIDEO TESTIMONIAL

I hope this helps and I wish you the BEST IN HEALTH !
Chapalamed
Chapalamed
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:32 am

No health exam if you are younger than a certain age. (64 I think).

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:22 am

I am just applying to Best Doctors via Focus on Mexico. I was told that I only need a bloodiest; no exam.

Thanks for the info above ... I have been looking for comments or reviews for this insurance.!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 am

Sherman wrote:I am just applying to Best Doctors via Focus on Mexico.  I was told that I only need a bloodiest; no exam.

Thanks for the info above ...  I have been looking for comments or reviews for this insurance.!

These days a blood test is a medical exam kinda.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down