INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New flights on Volaris to Portland, Oregon and pets can ride in cabin!

3 posters

Go down

New flights on Volaris to Portland, Oregon and pets can ride in cabin! Empty New flights on Volaris to Portland, Oregon and pets can ride in cabin!

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:06 am

Hello Helpful Friends! Another forum and kind member there brought good news to my attention:

Volaris has started nonstop service from Guadalajara to Portland, Oregon this very month. And... for $99 a pet can be brought onboard. The fares for humans also seem quite reasonable.

Okay... it's not the private jet I first inquired about... but I could not charter the jet at $30K anyway!

Thanks so much to all you kind folks, who have contributed ideas and solutions... I know you really wanted to help us with our pet transportation!!

There are quite a few US cities being added to their route system, so hopefully we can share the news with other folks (and their pets) moving to Lakeside.

btw... has anyone flown Volaris... either in Mexico domestically or into the US? I read they have new Airbus planes... I like the info on that.

Well... it's a happy day in our household!

Meow Meow Meow!!!
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

New flights on Volaris to Portland, Oregon and pets can ride in cabin! Empty Re: New flights on Volaris to Portland, Oregon and pets can ride in cabin!

Post by Gamina Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:06 am

Remember, only two pets per person are allowed into Mexico and you must get an international vet certificate and proof of internal and external pest control or you will have real trouble at the airport. Also be aware that if you must fly your kitties by cargo and land in Guadalajara at night, there may no be personnel to get your cats to you and you will have to wait or come back for them the next day.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New flights on Volaris to Portland, Oregon and pets can ride in cabin! Empty Re: New flights on Volaris to Portland, Oregon and pets can ride in cabin!

Post by Calexico Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:23 am

I flew Volaris last Saturday from Mexicali to GDL with my cat in cabin. At check-in they wanted to see the international health certificate. The plane was only half full so the flight attendant offered that I could but the carrier on the seat next to me until landing. At Mexicali, I did have to take my cat out of the carrier to walk through security but that was no big deal with one cat. The plane itself had very narrow rows with very little space to squeeze the carrier until the seat in front and still have space for your feet. But overall a good flight.
Calexico
Calexico

Humor : warped

Back to top Go down

Post by MyrnaMinkoff Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks for sharing those flight experiences.  And glad to be reminded of the pre-flight vet certificates!  
Thank you as always for helping me stay informed and up to date!
Thumbs up
Mary
MyrnaMinkoff
MyrnaMinkoff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down