INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three years ago similar killing situation in Ayotzinapa

4 posters

Go down

Three years ago similar killing situation in Ayotzinapa Empty Three years ago similar killing situation in Ayotzinapa

Post by Oldyfeliz Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:56 am

http://www.informador.com.mx/mexico/2014/560726/6/los-otros-muertos-de-ayotzinapa-que-pudieron-haber-evitado-la-tragedia.htm

Three years ago, three students were murdered and others injured in Ayotzinapa.
The students were collecting money along the road, when Police arrived and shot into the group.
Later Police set fire to a Pemex and blamed on the students to justify actions.

Earlier this year in Antequiza (close to Chapala) where my wife's daughter attends , there was an attempt to close the school by the Gov't, and the students protested.  Students from Ayotzinzpa and other Normilista
Schools came to aid in the protest.  Federal Police, State Police, Judiciales, and Military were there.
A very tense situation for a few days.

The Gov't relented and the School continues.
When Calderon was President, some of the better Students received a small amount of Monies for support.
Pena Nieta stopped these monies, but the School still continues  to receive 40 pesos a day to feed the Students
(the Military receives 100 pesos a day to feed a horse)

Pena Nieta says that he wants to close the Normalista Schools and change into Tech Schools.
These are the only 'Public" low cost schools in Mexico to school teachers that are not permitted to teach in schools except to teach the poor/Indian people.  

As stated by the group of Indans/Native people  "These schools are our only hope to have a better life"!

My Mexican wife has been in support ,with the Parents of the 43 students, and will be in Guadalajara Centro today/  Students from Atequiza are enroute to Mexico City, as I write this.

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Three years ago similar killing situation in Ayotzinapa Empty Re: Three years ago similar killing situation in Ayotzinapa

Post by Traveller Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:26 am

I have heard from two local people yesterday that they are going to wear black shirts today as part of a general protest against the Ayotzinpapa incident and the atmosphere of impunity which allows such things to happen. Has anyone else heard about the black-shirt protest?
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Three years ago similar killing situation in Ayotzinapa Empty Re: Three years ago similar killing situation in Ayotzinapa

Post by Smartalex Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:23 am

There will be a number of protests and demonstrations today throughout the country. People are asked to wear black as a sign of solidarity with the missing students, their parents and the various demonstrators.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Traveller Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:34 pm

In the Ajijic plaza, at 6:30. I have heard, but not confirmed, that the Chapala vigil is at 6:00. Wear black and bring a candle.
Traveller
Traveller
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldyfeliz Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:01 pm

My wife is in Guadalajara Centro now "wearing black"
Her daughter(from Normalista, Antequiza) is in Mexico City

Oldyfeliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Yes people have been ask to wear black all over the country.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down