INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where was Cruj Roja?

+16
viajero
Playaboy
Zedinmexico
arbon
FeelinGroovy83
Luisa
David
Flamingo
Irish Gal
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
Sherman
Pogo
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
shana
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where was Cruj Roja? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where was Cruj Roja?

Post by Pogo Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:08 pm

As Deep Throat once said to Bob Woodward, "Follow the money." In my ten years here, I have seen many instances wherein donations simply disappear. Some of them have been outrageously bold and audacious. That is why I no longer donate money. Instead I buy food or clothing or medicine and give it directly.

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:14 pm

CBob was not a reporter doing an investigative piece. He saw a building across the street from his hotel and commented on it here. He had no reason to take a picture of it nor to go and ask them where they get their funding. He still doesn't. He is not the one who is obsessed about it.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Consejo. Management. Jorge Agnesi and George Cardis ran a tight ship and were directly involved with the daily operation of the clinic and ambulance service.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:46 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:CBob was not a reporter doing an investigative piece. He saw a building across the street from his hotel and commented on it here. He had no reason to take a picture of it nor to go and ask them where they get their funding. He still doesn't. He is not the one who is obsessed about it.

Who is obsessed about it?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Arbon can't seem to let it go. He wants a financial report and pictures of the facility in Dolores Hildago.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:CBob was not a reporter doing an investigative piece. He saw a building across the street from his hotel and commented on it here. He had no reason to take a picture of it nor to go and ask them where they get their funding. He still doesn't. He is not the one who is obsessed about it.

Really I don't GAF but just thought it was interesting that this area seems' to need the "gringo's" to keep a bare facility afloat yet in places like Doloras Hildago they have a beautiful facility without the deep pockets of the gringo's. Just found that interesting.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:17 pm

slainte39 wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:I was in Doloras Hildago on the week-end and noticed a very nice Cruz Roja across the street from my hotel. It was large and very modern looking. It had 5 newer ambulances and seemed to have quite a few staff inside. My thought was: How does this town without any "donating gringo's" have such a nice, well staffed facility? Anyone know?

Ever hear of "donating Mexicans" ?

Not around here I haven't.......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Dolores Hidalgo and Chapala are both municipal seats, but I think the town/city of Dolores also has twice the population of Chapala. Plus, it's off-the-charts more important historically, so I can think of a long list of reasons why local institutions there might receive more attention and funding.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:11 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

Really I don't GAF but just thought it was interesting that this area seems' to need the "gringo's" to keep a bare facility afloat yet in places like Doloras Hildago they have a beautiful facility without the deep pockets of the gringo's. Just found that interesting.

It is more than interesting.  Seems to me that other areas, with little to no foreigners, often have pretty nice facilities and clean, nice towns and squares.  
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:22 pm

Kiri wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

It is more than interesting.  Seems to me that other areas, with little to no foreigners, often have pretty nice facilities and clean, nice towns and squares.  

That's because a lot of our "foreigners" are week end, holiday, and fiesta attending, littering Tapatios, but they do spend some money here.
The permanent and snowbird ex-pat foreign community seems pretty careful about keeping the lakeside villages clean as they live here.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicobear Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Charlie K. will answer questions about the red Cross. He may even let you telephone his home. Trust him, he is an honest man. Sorry to hear of these troubles. You can find him in Superlake, or maybe his number is listed.

mexicobear

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:19 pm

mexicobear wrote:Charlie K. will answer questions about the red Cross. He may even let you telephone his home. Trust him, he is an honest man. Sorry to hear of these troubles. You can find him in Superlake, or maybe his number is listed.

PLEASE DON'T BOTHER CHARLIE.

If you really care, you could go to the Cruz Roja Chapala website and call one of the contacts listed there.

Norm Pifer, the president, has his home, cell, and email listed.

Six other contacts are also listed.

http://www.cruzrojachapala.com/org_chart.htm

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:33 pm

yes don't bug charlie
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:31 am

They have a complaint form go fill it out if you want to complain. Charlie has nothing to do with it. Got my info from Norm. So if this is important to whomever go fill the form out.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by mexicobear Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Norm is also a good person. We have not spoken with Charlie in several years.

mexicobear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2