INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Border closing on Monday

+6
Luisa
Playaboy
halcon
kb9gzg
Mainecoons
Rolly
10 posters

Go down

Border closing on Monday Empty Border closing on Monday

Post by Rolly Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:43 am

EMERGENCY MESSAGE FOR U.S. CITIZENS: MASS PROTESTS AND POINTS OF ENTRY BLOCKADES EXPECTED FROM TIJUANA TO MATAMOROS ON DECEMBER 8, 2014

This message is to inform U.S. citizens of significantly delayed crossing times and of the potential closure of many of the points of entry (POEs) between the United States and Mexico due to multiple protests on Monday December 8th, 2014, starting at 10:00 AM.

The protests concern changes in Mexican customs regulations for the importation of vehicles. While protestors are only looking to block POEs with heavy commercial traffic, there is a possibility that other POEs into the U.S. could also be affected. At this time, there is no information that leads us to believe that these protests would be violent. However, demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence at any time. U.S. citizens are urged to avoid areas of demonstrations, and to exercise caution if in the vicinity of any protests.

U.S. Citizens are strongly encouraged to monitor local news outlets for information about possible protests and POE closures in their area. In the past, similar protests have paralyzed bridge traffic between Eastern Texas and the Mexican State of Tamaulipas. Points of entry that have remained open have experienced long delays.

Regularly monitor the State Department’s website where you can find current Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Worldwide Caution, and read the Country Specific Information for your destination countries. For additional information, refer to the "Traveler's Checklist" on the State Department's website. Current information on safety and security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free from within the United States and Canada, or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Border closing on Monday Empty Re: Border closing on Monday

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:10 am

I posted this on the other thread too.

What do you make of this, Rolly?
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:50 am

So, what's the importation issue?
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:53 pm

The government has cracked down on phony vehicles imports. A number of Aduana employees, customs brokers and lawyers are in trouble and very upset.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:29 pm

Spencer posted this on TOB:

Sonia, the requirement to export is a Mexican requirement, please the the Official Federal Register dated August 29, 2014

http://www.dof.gob.m...d_diario=260181

It is the Second Section, if you download the MS Word document it is on page 93

3.1.35.             Para los efectos del artículo 36-A, fracción I, incisos a) y d) de la Ley, en la importación definitiva de vehículos usados tanto a la franja o región fronteriza, como al interior del país, se deberá anexar al pedimento, la factura correspondiente y el título de propiedad del vehículo a nombre del importador o endosado a favor del mismo, así como el documento que demuestre la exportación del país de donde procede el vehículo; para el caso de los vehículos que proceden de los Estados Unidos de América, la factura y el título de propiedad referidos, deberán contener el sello de la autoridad aduanera de dicho país, que certifique la legal exportación del vehículo.

As this will add days to the export process, this may be one of the things they are upset about.

Sonia posted this:

A typical month ~45000 vehicles were being imported, few of those are by expats. Majority are transport trucks full of vehicles by commercial operators and Mexicans importing a smaller number for personal use or to re-sell.

We seldom hear of any vehicle being nationalized even at border right now. I am told it is the 3 large auto dealer associations who are forcing Aduana to discourage nationalizing. (bold is mine)

It is also my understanding that Aduana at places like Nogales can not import so they scan and send documents to Aduana at Juarez for approval. This is because of the investigations of some brokers and Aduana staff etc. The half day process at the border I believe is no more and takes noticeably longer for this reason.

Sonia
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by halcon Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:24 pm

didn't someone mention a ways back that aduana was going to be in caos, what with
the expiration of NAFTA and all ? i got it from a reliable source ( while researching my own import ) that more big changes are coming as soon as 2015. he basically said
" you can gamble and wait, or wait and wake up SOL. " if it weren't for the weather and
the low rent.........!
halcon
halcon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : if it's funny,i laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:46 am

If anyone thinks the USA government would allow 45,000 cars to cross the border and leave the USA without CBP clearance and export every month, they have their heads in the sand.  (that is as polite as I can say it).  Go to census.gov to see statistics on exported used vehicles and all things exported or imported   

All USA titled cars have ALWAYS been required, by laws and regulations, to be exported if they are leaving the country for more than a temporary basis.  All people that have virtually imported from home without export are in violation of USA laws.

I have some question to those that imported without going to the border; did the car get imported under your own name?  If you used a "presta nombre" how did you get the car back into your name?  If you used a "presta nombre", for the paperwork, do you actually own that car anymore?   

Mexico is now synchronizing their regulations with the USA regulations, as they should be.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:55 am

I don't think the US has any compelling reason to care. It doesn't hurt the US economy to get rid of old cars.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:08 am

So the car dealers want to keep prices on used cars higher than in US and are afraid of huge numbers of used cars coming down. A 1000USD old small Japanese pickup truck is worth twice as much down here for example.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyan Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:51 am

Yeah, well I'm not much interested in vehicle importation laws & changes (daily) as I don't have a vehicle. What I am interested in is the OP's original post as I am traveling to Laredo this week. I have done a news and State Dept. search and don't find anything. Info? Thanx.

Bunyan

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:05 pm

Luisa wrote:I don't think the US has any compelling reason to care. It doesn't hurt the US economy to get rid of old cars.

That is assuming it is done for economic reasons. One of the principle reasons, as I understand, is to keep stolen cars from being exported.

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:16 pm

hank chance wrote:
Luisa wrote:I don't think the US has any compelling reason to care. It doesn't hurt the US economy to get rid of old cars.

That is assuming it is done for economic reasons. One of the principle reasons, as I understand, is to keep stolen cars from being exported.

.....and don't they collect a fee for each car exported?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:10 pm

Did anyone hear about any protest at any of the border crossings?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:36 pm

slainte39 wrote:
hank chance wrote:

Do they? And if so, does the fee exceed the costs of processing the vehicle for export? IOW does the government make in money?

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:42 pm

hank chance wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
hank chance wrote:

Do they? And if so, does the fee exceed the costs of  processing the vehicle for export? IOW does the government make in money?

Can't answer your questions as that was my question also. Guess only (maybe), the OMB or CBO knows.
Regardless, it's small potatoes (until they wise up).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:00 am

I believe there is a $50 processing fee for USA export.

Using Sonia's 45,000 cars a month, multiplied out is $27,000,000's in fee's a year.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:38 am

Playaboy wrote:I believe there is a $50 processing fee for USA export.

Using Sonia's 45,000 cars a month, multiplied out is $27,000,000's in fee's a year.

I should have said "big potatoes".

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down