INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congradulations to the new temporary police chief

+3
Zedinmexico
LaLnMX
otrocanuck
7 posters

Go down

Congradulations to the new temporary police chief Empty Congradulations to the new temporary police chief

Post by otrocanuck Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:41 pm

I live very close to the Chapala police station and can see the daily goings on there. As you may know the former police chief was removed due to the fact that he failed the state testing process(weeding out of bad apples). He has been replaced by one of the officers who has worked here for a few years now, and is a graduate of a police academy.

In the few weeks the new chief has been in command at the police station I have seen more improvements then his predecessor did in the entire three years he was in control. The station appears now to be run as a police station should be.
The former chief's pit bulls are no longer being raised and cared for in the police station by police personnel, now the dog is gone the barking is no longer a detriment to the surrounding hotels and apartments.
The new chief spends long days there as opposed to his predecessor who only showed up to walk his dog and leave for the day, the facilities have been cleaned up and organized, the police officers spend far less time hanging around waiting for their assignments for the day at shift change, instead they appear to be far more on task. All this with no extra funds coming his way, makes me believe we have a very good person at the helm now, lets hope we can keep him in that position, something that will surely be good for all of the district. All in all the changes I see are very positive and gives me hope, it is definitely a different and better atmosphere in the immediate area now.
A big thank you to the new chief for the changes he has made so far, and I wish him well in his new position.
otrocanuck
otrocanuck
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Mississauga, Point Claire, Edmonton, Saltspring Isl., Nakusp,Chapala,

Back to top Go down

Congradulations to the new temporary police chief Empty Re: Congradulations to the new temporary police chief

Post by LaLnMX Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:15 pm

Thanks for passing on your observations. If these are the things you can see from your vantage point, I wonder if the internal changes are equally positive. I do hope so.

LaLnMX
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Congradulations to the new temporary police chief Empty Re: Congradulations to the new temporary police chief

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:55 am

To be fair I should point out many of us might not pass the tests for a variety of reasons. Not putting down new police chief or saying anything about the old one. These tests are the best they can do but I am sure some people are eliminated unjustly due to the nature of the process. They admit this also.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:05 am

I've read quite a bit about the effect of the tests but nothing about the process of the tests. Can anybody point me toward a description of what was tested and how it was tested? Are we discussing written tests, interviews, sets of standards met, etc.? Are the tests unreasonable, unfair, biased, etc.?

Zed, it may be true that "...many of us might not pass the tests for a variety of reasons..." but I suspect that there are very few, if any, here with sufficient interest to pursue the job. A lack of qualifications doesn't matter if one is not a candidate.

George
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:59 pm

In the late sixties and early seventies, as in many small towns, the police "chiefs" for Ajijic were selected from prison. They had shown good behavior and were offered early release if they did this job. The theory was that they had the experience and gumption to handle the criminal types, and if they got killed - well there were plenty more to choose from. On one famous incident, the Chief and Deputies got liquored up, and were firing their guns all night. The locals locked up tight and tried their best to sleep though the night. In the morning it was found that they had shot all the stray dogs in Chapala. They said the people had been complaining that there were too many dogs.

http://efanzines.com/EK/eI3/index.htm
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:21 pm

Here's a little background info on the vetting process and an analysis of its effects...so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7h6XpO-00

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/nacion-mexico/2014/impreso/en-10-estados-67-de-policias-no-aptos-220695.html
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hank chance Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:15 pm

CHILLIN wrote:In the late sixties and early seventies, as in many small towns, the police "chiefs" for Ajijic were selected from prison. They had shown good behavior and were offered early release if they did this job. The theory was that they had the experience and gumption to handle the criminal types, and if they got killed - well there were plenty more to choose from. On one famous incident, the Chief and Deputies got liquored up, and were firing their guns all night. The locals locked up tight and tried their best to sleep though the night. In the morning it was found that they had shot all the stray dogs in Chapala. They said the people had been complaining that there were too many dogs.

http://efanzines.com/EK/eI3/index.htm

The stuff urban legends are made of.

hank chance

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:32 am

Smartalex wrote:Here's a little background info on the vetting process and an analysis of its effects...so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J7h6XpO-00

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/nacion-mexico/2014/impreso/en-10-estados-67-de-policias-no-aptos-220695.html

Worth reading.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down