INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo.

4 posters

Go down

Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo. Empty Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo.

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:00 pm

Because the availability of suitable beach rentals in La Manzanilla and Melaque is so tight this year, we may decide to go back to Manzanillo where there are much nicer and better priced beach rentals available. We tried a fishing charter there several years ago and it sucked, frankly. So I am hoping for some specific recommendations for captains there some of you have used and can personally recommend.

I'm thinking that there are many possibilities there and we just didn't know who comes well recommended from actual experience.
Gracias!

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo. Empty Re: Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo.

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:13 pm

In reading older threads, I did note you all talked about a Jeremy fellow but his web site "discovermanzanillo" is no longer active. Is he still around?

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo. Empty Re: Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo.

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:15 pm

No, Jeremy's boat sunk. He is no longer in the fishing game.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Beer was anyone fish'n when it went down?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:20 pm

If you are looking for the comfort of a sport fishing boat I have used a guy named Carlos. His boat is moored in Las Hades Marina. You can reach him at 314-124-6104. Expect to pay $100 per hour. The boat is suitable for up to 6 fishermen.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks, Bob. That's a bit rich.

Can Jeremy be contacted for recommendations? I'll assume he didn't go down with the ship.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:36 pm

I think Jeremy's boat was helped to the bottom. When I asked where he was, at the marina, the last time I was there, the locals laughed, told me his boat has sunk and said he was working at one of the resorts now. The going rate for a panga is about 40 per hour and the sport boats start around 100 per hour. The pangas work well but don't usually offer much comforts. The best way to bring the cost down is to find a few other guys to go out with you. Get 6 on a sport boat and the cost is very reasonable.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Dan, I am taking down Xmas Deco's today.   I'll dig thru my fishing card file later today and forward to you. As CB said Jeremy's boat seems to have met an assisted sinking!

To bad cause the last time I fished with him, we caught all kinds of fish, as he had the only boat with a live well, a head, and food prep area, where he served fresh guacamole and chips.    He was prone to fishing less than 4 miles from shore where he had taken Sail Fish and Marlin. I caught this 5 & 1/2 foot Needle Fish on my last trip with him. Reuben our pool yard guy is the head chef @ Delicias, made Cerechi (sp) and it was great. We had 12 guys, 2 boats........hauled our take back and had Reuben prep and cook for all of us. He wrapped some in banana leaves before BBQ.

Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo. Cid_6910
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Here is a pic of Jeremy's old boat I took back in 2008:

Now looking for fishing charter recommendations Manzanillo. Cimg2910
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks Jim.

Sorry to hear about Jeremy's boat.

Happy New Year folks!
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Mainecoons wrote:Thanks Jim.

Sorry to hear about Jeremy's boat.

Happy New Year folks!

I think he pushed the wrong buttons as expat in Mexico. Twisted Evil
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:19 pm

Yep. He wasn't too popular when he lived here in Ajijic either.....jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:23 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep. He wasn't too popular when he lived here in Ajijic either.....jaja.

CB, wasn't he involved with a hotel in the square?   One of my buddies was on a 2 month rental, and Jeremy knew he was out of town, and got caught renting his unit out, while he was fishing?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Yep. That's exactly the type of stuff he was involved in here. Nice enough guy when fishing though.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:32 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Yep. That's exactly the type of stuff he was involved in here. Nice enough guy when fishing though.

Spot on Bob. To bad we can't find him for condo booking. He did a great job booking rooms.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Dan, AKA mainecoons....... Your best bet is to walk down to the docks and line up a boat. CB did that, and got us 2 boats. As usual CB got the good guide, our boat got a hung over captain.....He puked over the bow the entire trip....Still Jeremy caught the only dorado!

Dan your best bet is to go to the launch ....and set it up! It's a PITA......Check the fishing forecast......the best guide can't get you into fish if you are fishing out of season for tuna or dorado.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down