INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's got the best deal for exchanging USD for pesos?

+5
Playaboy
Pedro
Clueless
RVGRINGO
Smartalex
9 posters

Go down

Who's got the best deal for exchanging USD for pesos? Empty Who's got the best deal for exchanging USD for pesos?

Post by Smartalex Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Need to exchange U.S. dollars for pesos. Bancomer won't let me deposit the money to my account. Who's got the best exchange rate? I'm located in Chapala.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Who's got the best deal for exchanging USD for pesos? Empty Re: Who's got the best deal for exchanging USD for pesos?

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 pm

If you have cash USD, it might benefit you to find someone heading north and exchange some currencies with them.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Who's got the best deal for exchanging USD for pesos? Empty Re: Who's got the best deal for exchanging USD for pesos?

Post by Clueless Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:03 pm

IME (In My Experience), there is no best deal, only the lesser of the worst.

If you're talking US$200 or under, just bite the bullet, otherwise the advice of RVGRINGO is probably the best you will get.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:21 pm

intercam beside the oxxo in ajijic
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:11 am

Banco Azteca in Chapala was exchanging at 13.9 yesterday.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Thanks for the advice. I got 13.86 at Banco Azteca today.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Got 14.20 at Intercam this morning.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:31 pm

$14.20 net seems good.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:44 pm

Smartalex wrote:Thanks for the advice. I got 13.86 at Banco Azteca today.
Wow places down there are charging almost 1 peso (.809) per dollar. I know it isn't down there so probably isn't helpful... I got a quote from B of A in the states and they charge $35 @ 14.5 to 1 (so + .35 pesos per dollar as the exchange was 14.85 that day) to transfer (this was on the Feb 8).

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:55 pm

A very poor deal.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:50 am

Yesterday I withdrew $3000 pesos from the Scotia Bank ATM for $202.99 US, and that equates to 14.779 pesos per dollar using my B of A Debit card. I have only a few thousand dollars in my B of A account. However I am given these good rates because linked to my B of A account is my retirement account which happens to be in Merrill Lynch which is owned by B of A.

If I did not have my retirement account linked to my B of A account, I would not have a large enough total to have the fees normally charged to B of A accounts. How much do you have to have? I don't know, but I am told that many folks in this situation do qualify for this discount. Without this benefit, there might be a 2 or 3% charge, I don't know
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:58 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Yesterday I withdrew $3000 pesos from the Scotia Bank ATM for $202.99 US, and that equates to  14.779 pesos per dollar using my B of A Debit card. I have only a few thousand dollars in my B of A account. However I am given these good rates because linked to my B of A account is my retirement account which happens to be in Merrill Lynch which is owned by B of A.

If I did not have my retirement account linked to my B of A account, I would not have a large enough total to have the fees normally charged to B of A accounts. How much do you have to have? I don't know, but I am told that many folks in this situation do qualify for this discount. Without this benefit, there might be a 2 or 3% charge, I don't know
Well, I'm a premier costumer with BofA because of my balance so I would think that I would get their top rate but like you, I don't know what is needed for what. I'm trying to figure a couple of things out... Is your Scotia Bank account a Mexican account, International, Or American? If it is a Mexican account, What rate did you get when you transferred your money from BofA to Scotia? I infer that you did it by check? Have you had any issues lately doing that? I have read that a few people have.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:29 pm

I do not have a Scotia account. I simply use my BofA Debit card at the Mexican Scotia Bank ATM near Domino's Pizza and Wal*Mart here lakeside.

I just looked at the spot rate of exchange rate and it is over 15 to 1. So I will be phoning my Merrill Lynch broker tomorrow, and have him wire funds to my Actinver Stock Brokerage account, where I also almost get the spot rate of exchange. I get only three wire transfers per free per year. Persons with more funds than I, get more free wiring fees per year. But three is all I need :).
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down