INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRANZA and EL RINCON de GIOVANNI Restaurants

Go down

PRANZA and EL RINCON de GIOVANNI Restaurants Empty PRANZA and EL RINCON de GIOVANNI Restaurants

Post by johninajijic Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Can those of you who have eaten at either or both of these restaurants post the quality, service and prices at each?

What is on their Menu? Days closed?

Thank you in advance.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

PRANZA and EL RINCON de GIOVANNI Restaurants Empty Re: PRANZA and EL RINCON de GIOVANNI Restaurants

Post by gringal Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 am

PRANZA:
Went there once, months ago, with 2 friends. NEVER AGAIN!
IMO, Chef Boyardee makes better sauce. (I figured you'd appreciate that, John)

Seems like they are popular, based on what we see driving by on the Carretera, but then, Salvador's has a fan club too. Yuck.

We tried Giovanni's when they opened at the old Cheesecake Factory location (briefly). He came around and asked "how everything was". My husband said the fish was very good. It was. I said the sauce was good but the chicken was tough. (Was it ever!) He gave me the fisheye and left. I don't think I'll try the new place.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

PRANZA and EL RINCON de GIOVANNI Restaurants Empty Re: PRANZA and EL RINCON de GIOVANNI Restaurants

Post by Walter Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Actually I was surprised with the quality of breakfast at Salvadore's this year. Far better than the last three years that I have been around. Don't have to take a dog to chew the bacon!
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:36 pm

A bit off thread.......but the last time I ate lunch at Salvador's, I had one of the worst burgers of my life in Mexico. How can you screw up a burger so badly? Easy. Use mystery meat and filler. It's not cheap, either.

Dunno about breakfast, so no comment on that.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:08 pm

gringal wrote:A bit off thread.......but the last time I ate lunch at Salvador's, I had one of the worst burgers of my life in Mexico. How can you screw up a burger so badly? Easy. Use mystery meat and filler. It's not cheap, either.

Dunno about breakfast, so no comment on that.

I'm a bit off thread too, but everytime I go to El Torito or Yoly's and I have to pass by Salvador's all I can smell is fried food with disgusting smoke smell mixed in. Talk about a greasy spoon. Sometimes I hold my breath because it's so bad I think I;ll puke. I don't understand why people eat there when they can go to Panino, Ajijic Tango, Roberto's or Fonda Dona Lola.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:17 pm

We've dined at Pranza 3 time in the last 6 weeks; once for lunch and twice for early dinner. The sandwich at lunch was excellent. The pizza and lasagne for dinner was pretty good. Service was good, prices OK, wine by-the-glass a generous pour in a real (large) wine glass. We'll go again.

As for Giovanni, we gave up on him years ago. Charming guy, but his food it way to bland.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:12 pm

John- Try sneaking in from the west. Nothing worse than getting puked on at breakfast!
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum