INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bus from Manzinillo

+3
slainte39
hueco_negro
sparks
7 posters

Go down

Bus from Manzinillo Empty Bus from Manzinillo

Post by ddmacleod Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:45 am

I once read on this forum that when taking the ETN bus from Manzinillo that it is possible to get off at the toll closest to Jocotopec. I would like a little more information about that. Anyone have some experience doing this?

ddmacleod

Back to top Go down

Bus from Manzinillo Empty Re: Bus from Manzinillo

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:18 am

I can't confirm Joco however I can confirm you can get off at the airport. I picked up someone from there a couple of months ago.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:20 am

Bear in mind that the toll station at the beginning of the toll road, just outside of El Molino, has closed or will close and has been or will be replaced by several further south. However, you might be able to get them to let you off at the exit for Joco.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:11 am

Or Primera Plus who has twice as many buses per day. Toll booth is about a mile from the exit that heads to Joco. I've also heard you can flag them at the toll booth when heading for Colima. I expect other bus lines use that route
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by ddmacleod Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:21 am

Thanks for all this. Our house is in el Limon and it seems a waste of time to go all the way to the airport when the bus goes so close to Joco.

ddmacleod

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:25 am

I assume you are having someone come to the toll booth to pick you up. Don't count on finding some other form of ground transport to get you to El Limon unless you have made previous arrangements with a taxi. I don't think there are formal taxi sitios there.

That being said you had better check with the driver before you leave Manzanillo to make sure he will be stopping because all of the new tool booths have a bus lane that the buses just zip through without stopping.

The other issue is whether or not the person coming to pick you up will have the ability to U-turn before the tool booth. Might not be possible or might be so far away that you would end up walking a long way with your luggage to be picked up.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:42 am

Probably flag a taxi coming back from Guad if you get to the 2 lane road. Might even be a Joco bus returning from Guad
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:53 am

Two questions.....

Mainecoons...isn't El Molino on hiway 15/35, quite a few kilometers from the toll booth on 54D coming from Colima?
and
CanuckBob...would a bus coming from Manzanillo on 54D be passing by the airport as that would be south of the route you think it would take to the Central in Tonala?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ddmacleod Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:08 am

My first time on this site and I am overwhelmed by all the help. We have friends to pick us up so once we get our feet on the ground we will call for them. If we end up at the airport that is ok too. Thanks everyone!!!

ddmacleod

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Safer to be dropped at the airport. Less chance of a mix up in pu location.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm confused. How does the bus from Manzanillo get from, say, the last toll booth on 54D to the airport?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:30 pm

If the airport is you goal check ahead. I've heard all ETN buses don't stop there
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:42 pm

I think there used to be a Primera Plus bus that went to the airport but it was a very early departure from Manzanillo. Not sure it runs anymore.

OP may have to be picked up at the Central Nueva.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ddmacleod Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:27 pm

Only the ETN bus from Manzanillo/Colima goes to the airport. It goes from the Colima Highway to Guad and then to the airport. Thus the reason I want to get off before it goes to Guad because I live so close to Joco. I think we will just have to try it and see what happens. Travelling in the daytime Cell phone in hand

ddmacleod

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:45 am

It really is inconvenient to get from the lake anywhere by bus, I wish they'd change that.
If it were me, I'd take the ETN or PP bus and ask the driver FIRST if he'd stop at the closest entrance to Joco. If he agrees, get off and walk over to the road that goes to Joco/Jiquilpan and call a cab from Joco (you could go to Joco by the plaza and arrange for one of the taxistas to meet you there at a certain time or be on call for you) or wait for the Joco blue bus. No guarantee the blue bus will stop, however I think there is a stop there as there often are people standing and waiting. Taxi or bus into Joco then take the Chapala Bus home.
Long trip, no guarantees but I know a couple of people that do that and say it's not a problem.
Be careful walking around over there, you'll have to cross the highway etc. Let us know how it goes.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:59 am

slainte39 wrote:Two questions.....

Mainecoons...isn't El Molino on hiway 15/35, quite a few kilometers from the toll booth on 54D coming from Colima?
and
CanuckBob...would a bus coming from Manzanillo on 54D be passing by the airport as that would be south of the route you think it would take to the Central in Tonala?

Yes it is but it is the nearest town to that first toll booth, assuming it hasn't been closed yet.

I see people standing close to the end of the ramp where starts the road to Joco frequently when we ride by on our motos and it sure looks like they are waiting for a bus.  

It is hard to get anywhere by bus from Lakeside and it would be nice to see that change.  If nothing else, just bus service to the airport and to the new bus station would be a big improvement.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:16 am

I have no idea what route it takes but if you go to the ETN site you can purchase a ticket from Manzanillo to GDL Airport. My niece took this trip a couple of months ago and I picked her up from the airport.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ddmacleod Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:01 pm

VERY GOOD Trailrunner. I think we will give that a try. Gracias. I will post again after our adventure

ddmacleod

Back to top Go down

Post by ddmacleod Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:45 am

An update on the bus from Manzinillo. With a little help we got let off at the Oxxo on autopista 54d just before the turn off to Joco. Our neighbors picked us up and all is well. This was challenging however and it would depend on the bus driver. We got here to discover there is now a concierge bus service operated out of Ajijic that services the Calgary flight to Manzinillo twice a week. It's a little pricey but would be a whole lot simpler. Thanks everyone for your help on this.

ddmacleod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum