INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting a temporal in Austin and getting out of MX without the import sticker!!

5 posters

Go down

Getting a temporal in Austin and getting out of MX without the import sticker!! Empty Getting a temporal in Austin and getting out of MX without the import sticker!!

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:25 am

Trying to get the 'fake' car nationalization sorted out .....
Successful in stopping the permanente process and will be heading north to get a temporal in Austin so that I can go back to my US plates which are still current.

For anyone who has gotten their temporal in Austin, can you share your experience.
How much paperwork did you need? Application? Financials? Other?
How long did it take to process the temporal?
Cost?
Any Surprises?

One snag I just read from another post I had forgotten about .... when Mr. Keeler put the Jalisco plates on and Jalisco stickers, he removed the import sticker from my front windshield. So, that's not available to remove and turn in at the border. For me to bring my US plated car back in-country, I'll need to get this sticker issue sorted out. I'm wondering what other's have done? I am working with Spencer ... to help, but am wondering what other's experiences have been and to see what had worked successfully.

Gracias! Oh, life in Mexico.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Getting a temporal in Austin and getting out of MX without the import sticker!! Empty Re: Getting a temporal in Austin and getting out of MX without the import sticker!!

Post by Playaboy Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:16 am

Do you have your original TIP paperwork?

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Getting a temporal in Austin and getting out of MX without the import sticker!! Empty Re: Getting a temporal in Austin and getting out of MX without the import sticker!!

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:20 am

I have not checked out the paperwork in my file, but I should have all of my original paperwork, just no sticker.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:43 am

When Gary took the sticker off my windshield, he stuck it to the paper that the Jalisco sticker had come on. Trying looking there; I thought mine was gone, too.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 am

Gamina wrote:When Gary took the sticker off my windshield, he stuck it to the paper that the Jalisco sticker had come on.  Trying looking there; I thought mine was gone, too.

No I do not find any remains of the original sticker. But, I do have my original documentation.

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:57 am

I would think that you could give Banjercito the paperwork and claim that the windshield was replaced. You will need to get the receipt, or you will not be able to return to Mexico with the same car, leaving you with the need to trade cars for your return.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:21 pm

Since I have the original documentation, I will submit that ... and get the receipt to use to come back in. Also the buzz seems to be that Laredo is a much better place to deal with immigration ....

It's very useful having the forum to help work out this 'stuff'!!

Thanks ....

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:59 pm

They may scold you for not keeping the sticker, but it should work.
Good luck.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:29 pm

I will leave a form for you at my office to get the car taken out of the system if presented without the sticker.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Intercasa wrote:I will leave a form for you at my office to get the car taken out of the system if presented without the sticker.

Thanks Spencer.

S.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:48 pm

Just be prepared to spend a couple of hours or more getting your TIP cancelled. That is the way they play the game when you don't have everything.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:04 pm

I have no option about having the sticker or not. So, I just have to deal with whatever is necessary. I do, however, have the option of going to Columbia which is where I typically cross.

Any opinions about that being a better option????
It's a little out of the way, but usually no one is there.

Laredo, on the other hand, is usually packed.

Comments?

Thanks.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:21 pm

This form is right out of the aduana manual so should save time.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Sherman wrote:I have no option about having the sticker or not.  So, I just have to deal with whatever is necessary.  I do, however, have the option of going to Columbia which is where I typically cross.  

Any opinions about that being a better option????  
It's a little out of the way, but usually no one is there.

Laredo, on the other hand, is usually packed.

Comments?

Thanks.

Just make sure you check BorderlandBeat and any other place you can find to see if there has been any very recent trouble on the highway to Columbia. Also a good idea for anyone who decides to cross at Piedras Negra.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:32 am

Well, I will follow Spencer's direction and get the Aduana form from his office and deal with Laredo.

Does the Retorno Seguro allow me to put my US plates back on the car here lakeside and to drive north?

Thanks ...

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:01 am

the short answer--yes
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:11 am

I need to find a play to sleep near Monterrey or Nuevo Laredo and I'm good to go and anxious to get this done!

Gracias ...

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:18 am

There are plenty of hotels by the airport.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:15 pm

Check with Spencer, but if you suspect fishy plates it would probably be wise to drive with your US plates and have your Importada papers in the glove box, along with the Retorno Seguro and insurance policy.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:31 pm

As I now understand the Retorno Seguro, that is my safety net to the border with my US plates. So, my US plates will go on my car as soon as I get that document. Spencer's office will be doing the document for me.

And, I need to say thanks to Spencer publicly. As soon as it became apparent I had a problem with nationalizing my car, Spencer responded with an email late in the evening alerting me to the fact that I had to get a letter into immigration ASAP to stop my permanente so that I had some options available to me. That got done first thing the next morning. What a week!!

Life here!!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down