INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking 1st Person Experience With Dental Implants lakeside.

3 posters

Go down

Seeking 1st Person Experience With Dental Implants lakeside. Empty Seeking 1st Person Experience With Dental Implants lakeside.

Post by the virginian Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 am

I will be in Chapal in one and a half weeks. My first order of business is multiple dental implants. I'm searching for testimonials from people who've actually had implants done, or from those who've seen the finished product up close and personal.

I've heard good things about Dr Haro's, but since he charges nearly nob prices for quality implants..I've crossed him off the list of potential candidates. I Plan to have five ceramic implants with ceramic/zirconia abutments and crowns. No ceramic to metal.

I care not whether the dentist has a pleasing personality, or has a pretty waiting room. He can be a complete ass..as long as his/her work is high quality. And he charges SOB prices

the virginian

Back to top Go down

Seeking 1st Person Experience With Dental Implants lakeside. Empty Re: Seeking 1st Person Experience With Dental Implants lakeside.

Post by gringal Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:38 am

I've not had any implants, but Dr. Eloy Barragan in Mirasol has been my dentist for over seven years.  I find his prices fair and he's always honest about work needed.  He would probably be the one to see and if he doesn't do that kind of work, he would probably be the best one to advise you on where to go.

I have heard that he does do implants, though.  Wherever you go, be sure to ask for "before" and "after" photo referrals. One friend got a real "bargain" and her teeth just don't look real.  Good luck.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Seeking 1st Person Experience With Dental Implants lakeside. Empty Re: Seeking 1st Person Experience With Dental Implants lakeside.

Post by the virginian Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:57 pm

Thank you Gringal. I've seen implants that didn't look real too. I've also seen the greying of the gum line from titanium implants, and a lack of translucency which made the teeth look plastic.
While before and after photos would be great..they can be doctored (pun intended). Personal experience is king!

How awful it would be to have spent nearly 10k in hopes of having a shiny new grill, only to have a mouthful of chalk-like teeth.

the virginian

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:41 pm

the virginian wrote:Thank you Gringal. I've seen implants that didn't look real too. I've also seen the greying of the gum line from titanium implants, and a lack of translucency which made the teeth look plastic.
While before and after photos would be great..they can be doctored (pun intended). Personal experience is king!

How awful it would be to have spent nearly 10k in hopes of having a shiny new grill, only to have a mouthful of chalk-like teeth.

You're right about "doctored photos".  Photoshop can do a lot of things that are anything but accurate.  That's why I suggested a good, ethical dentist who has never tried to "make work" for our family from whom to get advice.

The friend with the bad result has black showing above the implants and IMO, since every tooth is the same size and shape, they suggest  George's Washington's set of wooden teeth.

I'd guess that you can good results for the money you're willing to spend.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:51 pm

I had my molar implant done at Dental Express, two years ago, with Dr. Edgard. Before I had it done, I watched him do an implant procedure on a friend of mine. He has done root canals and crowns for me. I am very happy with my results.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down