INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I would like to meet some new interesting people

+14
slainte39
brigitte
CanuckBob
vendedor
saege007
Lady Otter Latté
hockables
Flamingo
bimini6
Intercasa
Tony_In_Mexico
Zedinmexico
Chapalagringa
riogrande888
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I would like to meet some new interesting people Empty I would like to meet some new interesting people

Post by riogrande888 Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 pm

I am a single woman in my late 40's. I am new to the area, but not Mexico. I have my permanent residency and work as a consultant which can be rather isolating.

I hope to meet some interesting new people in the area who might want to get together to go out and enjoy all the
fun activities in the community. I am pretty eclectic in my interests- I love good wine and food, stimulating conversation, theater, movies, the arts, gardening, cooking, walking, biking, kayaking- and more.

I am open to meeting single or partnered men or women who want to get out and about and have some fun.

I am also looking for a book club- does any one know of one?

Let me know if you want more info- or to connect, privately, and I will put together a group of like minded people- if I get enough response.
riogrande888
riogrande888

Back to top Go down

I would like to meet some new interesting people Empty Re: I would like to meet some new interesting people

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 pm

The Chili Cook Off is coming up, that's a full weekend and you'll meet tons of interesting people there.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

I would like to meet some new interesting people Empty Re: I would like to meet some new interesting people

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:33 am

LCS in the morning from 10 to 12 is pretty interesting. Good place to start. Ask for Zed and I will introduce you to some people. All types around. Soon you will have too many friends as we do!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:17 am

If you end up meeting somewhere in Chapala, let me know. I'm told I need to get out of the house more. I'm very interesting when I'm not ignoring everyone around me.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:41 am

Are you in Chapala or Ajijic? In Chapala we have a Monday night support group that meets at my place. We just get together and have a drink and chat. We are all 35 to 45.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Lots of churches in the area, I am sure you could meet some interesting people there……...

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:53 pm

There are book clubs at LCS but I don't know if they are accepting new members. There are several garden clubs, including organic gardening. There is a local kayak club. Watch the Events section of this Board for more details.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 am

A lot of book clubs are closed due to not wanting to grow too big as it gets difficult to deal with size. We have a science fiction club that is closed due to not wanting to be bigger than the table we use. Try starting something you might be surprised. We are not snobby just sensible.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:59 am

bimini6 wrote:Lots of churches in the area, I am sure you could meet some interesting people there……...

I've been thinking about trying to find a church. Are there any in Chapala? English-speaking I mean. My spanish isn't up to a sermon.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:07 am

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:
bimini6 wrote:Lots of churches in the area, I am sure you could meet some interesting people there……...

I've been thinking about trying to find a church.  Are there any in Chapala?  English-speaking I mean.  My spanish isn't up to a sermon.

Bring a few shekels for the plate... they probably won't care what language you speak...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:38 am

Tony, I would think not understanding the sermon would be a benefit!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:22 am

I agree with intercasa, we have a good time.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:29 am

We could always put a Poker Game together Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:34 am

Tony_In_Mexico wrote:

I've been thinking about trying to find a church.  Are there any in Chapala?  English-speaking I mean.  My spanish isn't up to a sermon.

You're welcome to come mine.  Carratera a Jocotepec #140 San Antonio Tlayacapan  Across the street from the Corona Factory.   I would think after 9 years I could write it online.   My husband's a great speaker, personally I like the music. Very uplifting, friendly people.  Sunday's 10 a.m. in English 12 p.m in Spanish, Wednesday 3 p.m. English  7 p.m. Spanish
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:42 am

Chapalagringa wrote:
Tony_In_Mexico wrote:

You're welcome to come mine.  Carratera a Jocotepec #140 San Antonio Tlayacapan  Across the street from the Corona Factory.   I would think after 9 years I could write it online.   My husband's a great speaker, personally I like the music. Very uplifting, friendly people.  Sunday's 10 a.m. in English 12 p.m in Spanish, Wednesday 3 p.m. English  7 p.m. Spanish

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have transportation, so anywhere I'd go would have to be within walking distance.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by vendedor Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have transportation, so anywhere I'd go would have to be within walking distance.[/quote]

ok. walking distance from Chapala, Ajijic or some other town...?

vendedor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:08 am

"I've been thinking about trying to find a church. Are there any in Chapala?"
-- Tony In Mexico in earlier post on this thread
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:12 am

Nope, there are hardly any churches in México....... Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:28 am

vendedor, many people do not have cars so you can get just about anywhere by bus.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Most of the English speaking churches are on the Carretera between AJijic and CHapala, There is Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Little Chapel, and probably others I have forgotten. All easily accessed by bus or a 2 mile walk.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:28 pm

bimini6 wrote:Most of the English speaking churches are on the Carretera between AJijic and CHapala, There is Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Little Chapel, and probably others I have forgotten.  All easily accessed by bus or a 2 mile walk.  

Also in Riberas....Latter Day Saints, Jehovah Witness, Jewish, and a second Anglican, but I'm not sure where they meet. Chinagringa.s church in SAT, and RC mass in English in Ajijic on Sun AM. The Buddhist's congregate in English somewhere, maybe SAT.  Don't know of any Mosques, locally.
Plenty of places to practice religion (and meet people).

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:15 pm

riogrande888 wrote:I am a single woman in my late 40's. I am new to the area, but not Mexico. I have my permanent residency and work as a consultant which can be rather isolating.

I hope to meet some interesting new people in the area who might want to get together to go out and enjoy all the
fun activities in the community. I am pretty eclectic in my interests- I love good wine and food, stimulating conversation, theater, movies, the arts, gardening, cooking, walking, biking, kayaking- and more.

I am open to meeting single or partnered men or women who want to get out and about and have some fun.

I am also looking for a book club- does any one know of one?

Let me know if you want more info- or to connect, privately, and I will put together a group of like minded people- if I get enough response.

Our plan is to be there by May, so we could meet up as we will new there as well, although we have met people on our visits there.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:"I've been thinking about trying to find a church. Are there any in Chapala?"
-- Tony In Mexico in earlier post on this thread

There is Lakeside Baptist Church in Ajijic heading towards Chapala. You can bus there. It will be a very short ride.
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Bless me Father for I have sinned.....LOL..... Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:11 pm

If anyone says they have not sinned, they be lyin' to you!

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next