INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Those "Campesino Plates"

+13
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
CHILLIN
Playaboy
Intercasa
CanuckBob
Grizzy2
sparks
RVGRINGO
viajero
Pedro
Rosa Venus
gringal
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Those "Campesino Plates" - Page 2 Empty Re: Those "Campesino Plates"

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:38 am

oncesubtle wrote:
slainte39 wrote: BTW...Maincoons is our local version of Bill O'Reilly, if you know what I mean.  lol!

By golly slainte, you got it.  Same superiority complex, aggression, bluster and B.S., right here in River City. Good thing we have a large village.

Formally I was thinking, "conservative intimidator", but putting it more succinctly, "bloviating buffoon".  Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:25 pm

viajero wrote:
CHILLIN wrote:

And Gringal, that thread was closed because Cbviajo repeatedly harasses Sonia with the same question, especially on Mexconnect. You drank the kool aid. He seems to have a problem with professional Mexican women, uses "campesino" like a swear word, and any political organization left of the Texas Secession Movement.
You really are a m---n,chillin, and your posts over the years have  proved that time and time again.I have zero problems with professional Mexican women and half of my family are campesinos and yes I do support the Texas Secession Movement.
And by the way those aren't Sonia's posts,they're her a$$hole husband John's posts.
Chillin just opened a nationalizing thread on tob shilling for Sonia and based his information on an 8 year old Yahoo answer thread,never mind that the laws change seem to change constantly...he really is a m----n.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:29 am

Are they in some sort of partnership or is his thinking process as slow as his information train on said subject?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:15 am

Chillin doesn't know anything about car issues.  He is an expert keyboard warrior with no personal experiences.  He consistently promotes VIOLATING the law of Mexico and the USA.  Anybody that pays attention to his advise deserves what they will ultimately get.

If folks wants to know the difference between nationalization and regularization they just needs to search Aduana's web site.  It is all there and has been there for years.  My Spanish sucks and I still found it.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:11 am

Playaboy wrote:There is a broker I have used in Pharr TX that is importing 2006-07 cars TODAY. If you got a 2005 or earlier or an 08 and later, you might just have to eat it and go north. Stay away from campesino placa's and virtual importers. Every virtual importer might start off being OK but in the end most people get burned.

I left 2 days ago taking another car north.  I got stopped by the Vial Police less than 30 miles from Lakeside on the road outside of Cajititlan.  He asked for the TIP paperwork and my FM3 VISA.  I wasn't going to argue with them.  I  showed him my visa and the returno seguro I had for the car.  I asked why I was pulled over?  They said the only reason was to check my papers.  Since everything was in order they sent me on my way.  

I think Spencer recently posted about a permanente losing their car and getting a huge fine.

Gringal, I sent you a PM

Gringal .... you might want to network with several of us who got scammed in nationalizing our cars before thinking that it is ok to nationalize here in Mexico. There are lots of us around, but not much opportunity to share our 'shared' stories unless directly asked. You could ask here on a PM and see who might respond.

Scammers come in all nationalities, including Americans you think are trustworthy individuals ..... I did what I thought was all my 'homework' before handing over nearly $4000US. Turned out the trustworthy individual was telling several of us the same BS and had an answer for every delay or snag, and finishing off with saying that "Spencer was just chasing ambulances". Spencer got the fallout from several of us trying to sort out our messes and was quite helpful. He would be another source to check with before attempting to nationalize a car without going to the border.

In the 'mess', for people who already had their permanente, it was a problem for them to return NOB with the car. For those of us not yet having our permanente, we had other options ... but at the end of the day, it was very time consuming and more expense involved. At this point, I'm getting sick of being here. It seems to go from one scam to the next and it does not matter the nationality.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:08 pm

Sherman; the car issue I brought up re a friend and which Playaboy sent me a PM about has been resolved.

IMO, anyone who tries to avoid the hard way of having a Mexican plated car in their possession is asking for grief, and I've heard enough sad tales of lost money to be out of sympathy.  This seemed to have been a perfect opportunity for a number of scam artists to make a nice pile of pesos from the people who were entirely too trusting and/or trying to avoid doing it the hard way on the cheap.  The "campesino plates" are a good example.

The old saw: "you can't cheat an honest man" has some serious truth in it.  Scamming isn't limited to Mexico.  It's universal.
You can't buy a gold Rolex for twenty dollars, either.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Well said, Gringal.

Another old saw: If it sounds too good to be true. . .it probably is.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2