INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on using pesos to buy an airline ticket.

+3
saege007
bimini6
Clueless
7 posters

Go down

Question on using pesos to buy an airline ticket. Empty Question on using pesos to buy an airline ticket.

Post by Clueless Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:44 am

Over the years, I have found that if I buy an airline ticket, say on American Airline or Alaska, etc. in Mexico and I pay with pesos, the pesos are converted to US$ to pay the airline.

I'm wondering if I use a Mexican airline (Volaris or AeroMexico),and pay w/pesos, will there be any conversion (charge) involved?

With the exchange rate as of yesterday being well over $15.00 pesos to US$1.00, this would seem a good time to get pesos.

Any direct experience will be appreciated or direct knowledge.

And if anyone has an eMail for a T.A. in Chapala, I would like to have that.

Thanks.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Question on using pesos to buy an airline ticket. Empty Re: Question on using pesos to buy an airline ticket.

Post by bimini6 Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:47 pm

If it is a Mexican Airline, they do not convert to dollars. So you are better to pay in Pesos. If US airline they will convert to US and you do not get as good of a rate. This is my past experience

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Question on using pesos to buy an airline ticket. Empty Re: Question on using pesos to buy an airline ticket.

Post by saege007 Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 am

There is a travel agency across the street from Santander Bank. It's the viajes Ajijic In God We Trust, Chapala branch. To the left of the farmacia. On hidalgo in Chapala.mi don't have an email on me,
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:09 am

we use them for all our travel.. her name is mary. why e-mail when it's easy enough to go there?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:31 am

When I have purchased ticket online with Volaris I use my USA credit card.  If I choose to pay in dollars I get charged in dollars. No conversion fees.

With Vivaaerobus if you choose to pay in dollars, I get hit with a Visa monetery conversion fee for dollars to pesos.

So it depends on the airline you use.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:59 pm

If traveling from Canada south on US Airways and forced with a $25 1st checked bag fee just have $C25. handy and hold on for the ride. The hoops they will go through is a joy to watch and all total BS. US Airways (airborne phoenix grey hound) + American Airlines = total crap.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by fwalman Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 pm

We just travelled from Vancouver BC in January on US airways into Guad and the 1st bag fee was waived for that airport

fwalman

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:34 pm

THX fwalman. I'll remind US Airways of your experience embarking Guad should I have to.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down