INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

car insurance

+6
mattoleriver
DaveP
Zedinmexico
lucky
Pedro
rjsmith
10 posters

Go down

car insurance Empty car insurance

Post by rjsmith Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:22 pm

I am looking for car insurance for an american plated car

rjsmith

Back to top Go down

car insurance Empty Re: car insurance

Post by Pedro Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:07 pm

if you type in car insurance in the search function you will get a zillion hits to your question
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rjsmith Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:35 pm

thank you pedro

rjsmith

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:50 am

My insurance agents are Bellon in San Antonio, across the street from SuperLake. They offer Qualitas for US-plated vehicles. i've never had a claim against them so can't tell you how well that is handled, but they definitely insure US-plated cars, as i am sure many others do, and most of the office staff speak English.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:51 am

Online Lewis and Lewis. Policy prints out in English and Spanish. Easy to understand.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:10 am

Tiocorp!
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:38 am

Just to clarify, all of the above named companies are agents/brokers.  The main Insurance Companies operating in Mexico are HDI Seguros, AXA, Qualitas, etc.  The agents/brokers sell policies that are from the Insurance companies and offer a range of services, coverages, etc.  If a claim has to be addressed, you will be dealing with the Insurance companies (not the agent/broker) so you will want to inquire about their availability of adjusters to quickly arrive at the scene of an accident, how responsive there settlement process is, where/who they require your vehicle to be taken to for repairs and obtain references on how well they pay out to compensate you for your loss.

My point is, you should be only partially interested in finding a good company to address your needs and take your money - but the most important aspect is the track record of claims support and settlement should you ever need it.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:18 pm

FYI, I cancelled TIO Corp years ago after they repeatedly failed to notify me that my renewal was due on both car and house insurance.

Ezzie, a good agent will go to bat for you an ensure that the company does its job. The adjusters are often independents that work for multiple insurance companies.
IMHO, shop for a good agent, they will take care of the rest.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:25 pm

Things must have changed at TioCorp because I always receive notification from them when my policy is coming up for renewal. What you say about the adjusters being independent is certainly true NOB however here in Mexico I am of the opinion they do work for the Insurance company they represent. Whenever you see an adjuster at the scene of an accident, they are driving a company car that is painted in the company colours and with logos prominently displayed.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 pm

That may be what you've seen but it's not 100% the case. BTW, the adjuster will not get you out of jail when you're involved in an injury accident, you'd better have a good agent or a good attorney that will come to your aid quickly.

If you want inexpensive insureance you simply won't get the kind of service you like to have in times of need.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:27 pm

We got hit by a semi from the back yesterday at a toll booth. I called the insurrance company, the adjuster was there in under an hour and we were near Morelia on the Guadalara Mexico cuota.
Got him to write an order for medical records, got the info on the repair shop and that was it. Easy because there was no injury.
The whole back has to be replaced and it will take us 6 weeks before we get the car back. Could have had free car for the 6 weeks but chose to go with the other car.
Everything went easily for us. I spoke with the agent but dealt directly with the insurrance company in DF and again we were lucky the trailer was insured by the same insurrance so we had no problems.
The adjuster was working for the insurrance company. CAPUFE asked us to wait for their insurrance but there was an injurry accident that took place a little further out and the adjuster was busy so the CAPUFE people told us to go ahead and leave . It was hailing so we were happy to leave.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:06 pm

Happy to hear that there were no injuries.
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:09 pm

So if you were on a toll road at the time, I thought there is insurance through the toll road's policy or is that coverage for just property damage to the road? What is CAPUFE??

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:22 pm

DaveP wrote:Tiocorp!
Did Tiocorp ever reimburse the people who tried to import their vehicles using their services ?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Good question. Enquiring minds want to know.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:49 pm

CAPUFE Caminos y Puentes Federales

Yes they do have insurrance and in our case they told us they would work it out with our insurrance which was the same insurrance as the trucker´s.

Another time we damaged the car with a piece of metal that was on the road and CAPUFE, sent their adjuster and they paid for all the damage.

What they will cover in our latest I do not know. They were very helpful, had medics, plastic and tape to put over the broken windows . They also made sure the truck and trucker stayed on the scene.

Thank you matoleriver, we are very happy as well. There was another wreck a little further down the road and those people were not as lucky.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 am

Thank you for that. It is good to know that the insurance provided when travelling on the toll roads actually does something. Also, very glad that you are safe and OK.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum