INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather??

+26
Jim W
Flamingo
zenwoodle
nthensome
arbon
borderreiver
brigitte
sparks
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
suegarn
mrum
Halfglass
pamarie
sambrit10
lobita
slainte39
gobluejohn
lucky
ltollefs
Pedro
viajero
SunshineyDay
Rosa Venus
gringal
solajijic
30 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Weather?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Weather??

Post by sparks Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:53 pm

The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Climate Prediction Centre upgraded its assessment from 'El Niño Watch' to 'El Niño Advisory', meaning an event is now occurring.

Simply put, El Niño favors stronger hurricane activity in the central and eastern Pacific basins, and suppresses it in the Atlantic basin (Figure 1). Conversely, La Niña suppresses hurricane activity in the central and eastern Pacific basins, and enhances it in the Atlantic basin

Weather?? - Page 2 27y2y35

sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:21 pm

I'm with Lucky!
More rain and green mountains and less bone-dry heat and povo are just fine with me.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:25 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I'm with Lucky!
More rain and green mountains and less bone-dry heat and povo are just fine with me.

That's what Seattle and Vancouver are for! I came here for less humidity, sunshine and warmth! Very Happy

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:28 pm

Sue, I think between bone-dry heat/brown mountains and Seattle/Vancouver there is room for a bit more rain and cool Lakeside. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Perhaps.....but not much. I left "Raincouver" as well so not liking this one bit. If you've ever lived in a city that is cloudy and rainy for about 8 months of the year you will understand.....jaja. And it's actually not so much the rain but the cold that accompanies it.

We booked a house on the coast for next December/January.Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:12 pm

We too are considering the coast from mid-Jan to mid-Feb because of the obvious fact that the expected weather pattern is not happening.

I miss the mild winter and wait all year for March, April, May and part of June and the dry heat. LOVE it!

Although not from the northwest I am a refugee from lake effect snow patterns and lake effect drizzle and grey skies.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by lobita Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:40 pm

Put me down as another ex-PNWer who has had enough overcast skies and drizzle to last a lifetime and a half.

At least the sun came out for a while today ...
lobita
lobita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Count me among those who are hoping this isn't a long term pattern. I love the normal rainy season but that's partly because it's a contrast with the dry season. Right now I want SUN!

I had put away my jackets and the extra blanket for the bed and now have had to get them all back out.

Meanwhile my kids up in northern California are experiencing temperatures in the high 70s and not a raindrop in sight, which of course they are desperate for.

Is this some kind of Freaky Friday where we've switched weather patterns with them?

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:50 pm

sambrit10 wrote:Count me among those who are hoping this isn't a long term pattern. I love the normal rainy season but that's partly because it's a contrast with the dry season. Right now I want SUN!

I had put away my jackets and the extra blanket for the bed and now have had to get them all back out.

Meanwhile my kids up in northern California are experiencing temperatures in the high 70s and not a raindrop in sight, which of course they are desperate for.

Is this some kind of Freaky Friday where we've switched weather patterns with them?

Oh god, please no! I don't want any more cool, rainy weather this year! Bring on the sun and warmth!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:40 pm

I'm in Portland, OR and we've been having the sunniest, mildest winter that I've experienced since I moved here back in 1996. Actually this year the weather trend has been like we seemed to have gone from a very mild 2 week Winter back in Nov. to late Spring since Dec. The weather has been in the high 60's n 70's thru Feb! It's been a very funky year weatherwise all across the country, which was predicted. 

I sure hope the weather isn't changing for good there! It's one of the reasons I'm outta here! LOL!

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:46 pm

Today we got stuck for 3 hours at a caseta as a semi did not stop and ran into our car, it was about 2h 30 from here before getting to Morelia. It was really cold and windy and then we got hail.
On the way back we saw a tornado forming by the time we got to Ocotlan it looked as it was coming down.I could not believe it and I asked the man at the toll booth in Ocotlan if that was a tornado and he said" yes it is and I sure hope it does not hit here" The weather towards the lake was way better.....
Crazy weather..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lobita Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:37 pm

pamarie wrote:I'm in Portland, OR and we've been having the sunniest, mildest winter that I've experienced since I moved here back in 1996. Actually this year the weather trend has been like we seemed to have gone from a very mild 2 week Winter back in Nov. to late Spring since Dec. The weather has been in the high 60's n 70's thru Feb! It's been a very funky year weatherwise all across the country, which was predicted. 

I sure hope the weather isn't changing for good there! It's one of the reasons I'm outta here! LOL!

I have a friend in Vancouver BC and he was saying the same exact thing -- crazy mild winter this year.

Global climate change: all bets are off ...
lobita
lobita
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfglass Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:13 am

Wow, it sounds like the Pacific Northwest, or maybe not.
I see the local temperature there is in a degree of what we have here.
And I hate to say you might be getting more rain than we. Don't forget we are know for our rain up here.
On my way to check it out myself.
Fly in tomorrow. Do I bring my Polar Fleece?
Halfglass
Halfglass
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:32 am

According to the local weather station, we've had 1.72 inches of rain since the start of the year, half of which came in yesterday with a cold front. Today dawned nice and sunny….but then it changed in the afternoon. Almost no rain received other than a few sprinkles in Ajijic, today. Big deal.

March is a "transitional" weather month. Bring a light jacket or whatever. Think layers. It won't be hot, it won't be cold, but it could be both. Who knows? I did throw blankets on the bed last night and had a fire in the fireplace.

I also moved here from the US Pacific Northwest, but am originally from a beach town in Southern California where there is almost zero weather change, year-round. I like a little variation, and for me the weather is perfect here, even better than where I grew up.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:15 am

Okay, I take back everything I said. I was freezing in bed last night under a down comforter, three blankets, wearing a sweatshirt. The weather here sucks. jajaja.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:30 am

That's better!!! The worse is yet to come starting this weekend........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:34 am

CanuckBob wrote:That's better!!! The worse is yet to come starting this weekend........jaja.

....just in time for the Annual Judged Show at the Cultural Center in Ajijic, ASA artists.  Clearly, the weather gods don't care for art.
Y'all please haul our your coats and umbrellas anyway and come to the opening reception from 5-7.  You will be greeted with grateful smiles from the exhibitors and a glass of wine or other fizzy stuff.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by sambrit10 Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 am

Rosa Venus wrote: March is a "transitional" weather month.

Maybe in the rest of the world, but here, March should be solidly warm and sunny. ChapalaWeather.net says we haven't had any measurable rain in March for the past 8 years. And my neighbors who have lived here 60+ years are all saying "Wow, this weather is strange!"

OK, I guess this is a lot of whining for a few days of rain ... but if this is the new pattern, I'm going to have to find a way to heat the house.

sambrit10
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:12 pm

sambrit10 wrote:
Rosa Venus wrote:  March is a "transitional" weather month.

Maybe in the rest of the world, but here, March should be solidly warm and sunny. ChapalaWeather.net says we haven't had any measurable rain in March for the past 8 years. And my neighbors who have lived here 60+ years are all saying "Wow, this weather is strange!"

OK, I guess this is a lot of whining for a few days of rain ... but if this is the new pattern, I'm going to have to find a way to heat the house.

Use of the word "should" was banned in Mexico years ago.  Anyone using it is condemned to a week in a dungeon with Bjork's latest creation blasting from a full wall TV.

After years of Northern CA weather craziness, I brought a drawer full of sweatpants and turtlenecks.  Just another "normal" year of weather swings. Here is better.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by mrum Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:17 pm

For those of us that came down this year to check out the wonderful weather we have heard about, and to see if it fits for a longer term retirement location, it has not left the best of impressions. If this pattern becomes the norm (and the comments on this thread seem to indicate this is not that unusual for the past few years), I'd certainly be concerned about property values in the area as people stop coming and start to move away. I think we will next try the coast to compare. But it is still better than the snow back home.
mrum
mrum
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Collingwood, Ontario in the summer, anywhere else in the winter
Humor : John Candy, George Carlin, MacKenzie Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:32 pm

but there you could be skiing blue mountain still
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Still running fans on the coast but a sweatshirt outside at night is a good idea. Getting ready to setup the pool again.

It's the summers with the 90/90 that you may not like ..... and a few hurricanes
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:17 pm

the Mexico Puebla road was closed yeserday because of snow...in March..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:44 pm

mrum wrote:For those of us that came down this year to check out the wonderful weather we have heard about, and to see if it fits for a longer term retirement location, it has not left the best of impressions. If this pattern becomes the norm (and the comments on this thread seem to indicate this is not that unusual for the past few years), I'd certainly be concerned about property values in the area as people stop coming and start to move away. I think we will next try the coast to compare. But it is still better than the snow back home.

Jaja.....if real estate values were determined by crazy weather most of Canada would be broke. It's actually not that bad here, we just like bitching and complaining. Nothing better to do on the rainy days.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:51 pm

BTW......this was on the road to Mazamitla today.

Weather?? - Page 2 11037510
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:58 pm

CBob, we really don't want to see pics like that, especially this time of year....Yuck!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next