INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rip offs

+20
windrider17
solajijic
Clueless
gringal
Zedinmexico
elevator
arbon
Stu
Playaboy
Lady Otter Latté
Tony_In_Mexico
Hensley
slainte39
borderreiver
suegarn
RVGRINGO
Smartalex
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
oncesubtle
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Rip offs - Page 3 Empty Re: Rip offs

Post by windrider17 Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:25 pm

More than accused and dragged NOB. Convicted and currently serving time.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:35 pm

Clueless wrote:
viajero wrote:
Clueless wrote:

It already exists,(apestan.com).
Clueless,as the former record holder in California for the most frivolous law suits filed by an individual, .

Viejaro: Show me any court finding or any other government order of my alleged record,.[/b]

so far it looks like senor via owes $500p
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Me thinks Dead Horse

Old news on me.

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:32 pm

gringal wrote:Try this link:
http://articles.latimes.com/1996-07-07/news/mn-21943_1_legal-profession

You can donate any money to the local animal shelter.
lol!
Thanks for the link.
It's very interesting reading,especially the second and third pages.
Forum members can read it and reach their own conclusions.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:10 pm

This is getting ridiculously off-topic.......CBob, can you move this to the Octagon where it belongs?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 pm

viajero wrote:
gringal wrote:Try this link:
http://articles.latimes.com/1996-07-07/news/mn-21943_1_legal-profession

You can donate any money to the local animal shelter.
lol!
Thanks for the link.
It's very interesting reading,especially the second and third pages.
Forum members can read it and reach their own conclusions.
so where are you going to make your $500p donation-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:12 pm

suegarn wrote:This is getting ridiculously off-topic.......CBob, can you move this to the Octagon where it belongs?

New Sue just reminded me of another Rip Off on "Clueless" ....Ladies that post photos of them selves when they were younger, to attract him.
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:54 pm

arbon wrote:
suegarn wrote:This is getting ridiculously off-topic.......CBob, can you move this to the Octagon where it belongs?

New Sue just reminded me of another Rip Off on "Clueless" ....Ladies that post photos of them selves when they were younger, to attract him.

Arbon, yes that photo was taken of me when I was younger......like on New Year's Eve of THIS YEAR! Please don't make assumptions about people that you don't even know!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:16 pm

You look good,suegarn.
Pay no attention to arbon,he's a fool.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:18 pm

suegarn wrote:
arbon wrote:

Arbon, yes that photo was taken of me when I was younger......like on New Year's Eve of THIS YEAR!  Please don't make assumptions about people that you don't even know!  

Not knowing people never slows down the rate of assumptions, has it?
The trouble with posting any photo of yourself on here is that some crazy jerk or jerkess might verbally attack you in person as well as on the web if they recognized you. It doesn't take much to set some people off.
Nice photo, though, Sue.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Rip offs - Page 3 Empty rip off's

Post by gvprod Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:58 pm

Price's do change, I just returned froma 7 week vacation in Ajijic. I am light complexion, I grew up in Ajijic and speak perfect spanish. But I look gringo....I go to buy fresh chicken and get charged $90.00 pesos kilo. My sister in law goes with my wife to same place and they get charged $65.00.....we went back together and raised holy hell....got our money back....and free chicken.

The tianguis is the worst......I never buy anything there, it is well know among Ajijic locals that the prices are raised 20%-30% at Ajijic tianguis.
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:37 pm

viajero wrote:You look good,suegarn.
Pay no attention to arbon,he's a fool.

Thank you, viajero! Very Happy

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:38 pm

gringal wrote:
suegarn wrote:
arbon wrote:

Arbon, yes that photo was taken of me when I was younger......like on New Year's Eve of THIS YEAR!  Please don't make assumptions about people that you don't even know!  

Not knowing people never slows down the rate of assumptions, has it?
The trouble with posting any photo of yourself on here is that some crazy jerk or jerkess might verbally attack you in person as well as on the web if they recognized you.  It doesn't take much to set some people off.
Nice photo, though, Sue.

Thank you, gringal! Very Happy

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:47 pm

gvprod wrote:Price's do change, I just returned froma 7 week vacation in Ajijic. I am light complexion, I grew up in Ajijic and speak perfect spanish. But I look gringo....I go to buy fresh chicken and get charged $90.00 pesos kilo.  My sister in law goes with my wife to same place and they get charged $65.00.....we went back together and raised holy hell....got our money back....and free chicken.

The tianguis is the worst......I never buy anything there, it is well know among Ajijic locals that the prices are raised 20%-30% at Ajijic tianguis.

This has been my experience as well. I've lived here for six years and have learned not to shop where I get ripped off. I have also learned to count my change before leaving the counter. When I get shorted, I point to the money and say, "Creo que mi cambio no es corecto." The clerk will fix it right away...and never short-change me again. There are plenty of good, honest people around here. I do not patronize the crooks.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:25 am

gvprod wrote:Price's do change, I just returned froma 7 week vacation in Ajijic. I am light complexion, I grew up in Ajijic and speak perfect spanish. But I look gringo....I go to buy fresh chicken and get charged $90.00 pesos kilo.  My sister in law goes with my wife to same place and they get charged $65.00.....we went back together and raised holy hell....got our money back....and free chicken.

Where did you buy this chicken, and what was it....muslo, pechuga, etc. I know I am being overcharged and stopped going to Puritan because of it. And it has happened other places for other things.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:57 am

Kiri wrote:

Where did you buy this chicken, and what was it....muslo, pechuga, etc.  I know I am being overcharged and stopped going to Puritan because of it.  And it has happened other places for other things.
yer just mad because puritan wouldn't accept yer canadian tire money which in reality is worth 10 times more than the merkin buck.
we are quite satisfied lately with the chicken that we get at wally world. i usually get the whole chicken,yeller coloured thighs and unspiced wings when they have them. the selection at soriana is rather lame.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Well, there's chicken, and there's chicken.  I like the quality at Puritan, and I finally figured out the economy of chicken after all these years:  If you buy a large chicken breast, for instance, it's around 110 pesos.  If you buy the whole darned chicken and have them weigh it, clean it and package the breasts separately after cutting them nicely for Milanesa, the price is 134 pesos.  Result: enough chicken for four (for two) excellent meals of excellent chicken lentil or chicken barley soup.  Doh! cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Pedro wrote:
yer just mad because puritan wouldn't accept yer canadian tire money which in reality is worth 10 times more than the merkin buck.
The reality is that one US dollar=1.25 canadian dollars.
Try the Tyson frozen California Pechugas available at Soriana and Walmart,they're not bad.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:29 pm

woooosh!-we're talking canadian[crappy] tire money here like in kiri's avatar. is the reality.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:34 pm

viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:
The reality is that one US dollar=1.25 canadian dollars.
Try the Tyson frozen California Pechugas available at Soriana and Walmart,they're not bad.

But oooooh.......the things I've heard about Tyson chicken ! I'd rather see the actual unfrozen chicken in the case before buying it, but that's just me. scratch

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:39 pm

I was skeptical too,gringal,we don't buy a lot of frozen stuff,but these are pretty good,imo.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:42 pm

Pedro wrote:woooosh!-we're talking canadian[crappy] tire money here like in kiri's avatar. is the reality.
Wooooosh indeed,forgive this dumb merkin,I had no idea what crappy canadian tire money was,are they like loonies?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Put on a pot of water. Now, cut up the whole chicken as you wish. Yes, you should have a good, large knife and even poultry shears if you wish. Put the back and other bits and pieces in the boiling water and turn it down to simmer. Add your favorite spices and the juice of a lime. When cool, refrigerate or freeze the strained stock for making soups or cooking rice. Oh, the chicken? Any way you like, but dipped in milk and dredged in seasoned flour before frying in olive oil sure makes good eating, no matter the price nor the currency used. However, if you had to chase it down before lopping off its head, it may be tough.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:16 pm

viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:woooosh!-we're talking canadian[crappy] tire money here like in kiri's avatar. is the reality.
Wooooosh indeed,forgive this dumb merkin,I had no idea what crappy canadian tire money was,are they like loonies?
whoooosh! again. you can google canadian tire,crappy tire ,canadian tire money and crappy tire money. there is no crappy canadian tire money. there is a law that only canuckleheads can call canadian tire,crappy tire,in any event.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:22 pm

gringal wrote: Well, there's chicken, and there's chicken.  I like the quality at Puritan, and I finally figured out the economy of chicken after all these years:  If you buy a large chicken breast, for instance, it's around 110 pesos.  If you buy the whole darned chicken and have them weigh it, clean it and package the breasts separately after cutting them nicely for Milanesa, the price is 134 pesos.  Result: enough chicken for four (for two) excellent meals of excellent chicken lentil or chicken barley soup.  Doh! cheers

That is a very good point, Gringal. That way you still get the pechuga, AND all the rest, for a prettty good price! And if you don't particularily care for dark meat, use it to make curry or etouffe.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:58 am

gringal wrote: Well, there's chicken, and there's chicken.  I like the quality at Puritan, and I finally figured out the economy of chicken after all these years:  If you buy a large chicken breast, for instance, it's around 110 pesos...

Seems like an awful lot of money for chicken. By 'a large chicken breast' I'm assuming you actually mean 2 breasts, or the entire chest? I was at the mercado in Chapala a few days ago and bought 3 big single breasts. 95 pesos. Even then I felt she was padding it a bit, as I've often purchased a single breast there for 30 pesos.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next