INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

+29
Trailrunner
windrider17
itsme
brigitte
espíritu del lago
metiche
kipissippi
SunFan
gobluejohn
suegarn
gringal
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
newinajijic
dcampbell757
hickton
Jim W
viajero
Bunyan
zenwoodle
Intercasa
solajijic
slainte39
RVGRINGO
Ms.Thang
Rosa Venus
artsnob
SunshineyDay
borderreiver
33 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? Empty New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:43 pm

I see there is a sign on the old Tequila Republic (Ajijic pier) that says Pizza, Italiano & Ice Cream. Anyone been to this yet?

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? Empty Re: New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Now its official. A new owner has taken over the lease at the old Tequila Republic at the end of the Ajijic pier. Construction has already began and they are beefing up the undercarriage as well. The owner (or what appeared to be the owner) said it will be a restaurant in the same vein as Tangos. I wish them all the best as it will be nice to see this eyesore fixed up and occupied. I hope they get some good live music in there too and make it more like Adelita's.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? Empty Re: New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

Post by borderreiver Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:19 pm

That would be awesome. A perfect "sundowner" location. Good luck to 'em.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:58 pm

Hmmmm yes it would great to see this emerge from Ajijic's past and rejuvenate what has been lost!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:53 pm

For those that haven't made it down to the Ajijic malecon lately:

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? Dsc06823
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:45 pm

Let us pray........that this structure isn't there for signage support !

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 pm

It is to hold up a massive sign, Hope the wind blows it away, It seems every restaurant that has been at that location did not last long, Maybe this one will have better track record

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Wow. I saw them putting up the west side….but hadn't seen the north side. That is really something. Wow again.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Wow. Just when we thought that appendage on the malecon couldn't be a bigger eyesore...

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:07 pm

Wow. It just gets worse.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:13 am

If they do a good job attaching it, the whole building will blow off the pier, and probably lie there for a few years on the “beach“.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:25 am

RVGRINGO wrote:If they do a good job attaching it, the whole building will blow off the pier, and probably lie there for a few years on the “beach“.

A wind powered, "sail" restaurant???? lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 am

slainte39 wrote:
RVGRINGO wrote:If they do a good job attaching it, the whole building will blow off the pier, and probably lie there for a few years on the “beach“.

A wind powered, "sail" restaurant???? lol!

That place has had bad luck from the beginning. You would think it was a no brainer to serve simple food and drinks in such a location.......but it never seems to last long. If that really is a huge all around sign..............pray for wind. LOTS of wind. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:35 am

I hope they realize it is the food and service that make a restaurant successful and not just having bigger signs than everyone else.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:50 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I hope they realize it is the food and service that make a restaurant successful and not just having bigger signs than everyone else.

Exactly. Sitting in the best spot in Ajijic, in the location where the Old Posada used to be, with a view of the lake and easy parking, there is Maria Isabel, opened not too long ago. First, there was the daily buffet along with a sit down menu. We went and spouse got violently ill later that day. (I know, there's no way to directly connect these events) But....he had the pasta salad; I didn't. I had lukewarm-to-cool chicken tacos. Red alert on that one. Didn't go back. Then the daily buffet ended and only Sunday Brunch remained. That, too, is history. No, it's not about the signage or the hoopla or even the location. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOOD. Let us hope that the new place bears that in mind. I'd really like to have a sunset drink and some simple, but GOOD, food.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:48 pm

gringal wrote:No, it's not about the signage or the hoopla or even the location.  IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOOD.

A whole collection of entirely mediocre fish restaurants in Piedra Barrenada approaching San Juan Cosalá suggest otherwise.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:
gringal wrote:No, it's not about the signage or the hoopla or even the location.  IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOOD.

A whole collection of entirely mediocre fish restaurants in Piedra Barrenada approaching San Juan Cosalá suggest otherwise.

You could be right. Never eaten at any of them. I think the appeal is primarily being on the lake, for folks from Guadalajara.
Now, if that translates to this current project in Ajijic...........we shall see. For me, anyway, it's All About the Food, still.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:21 pm

It's all about the food for me too. But the quality of the food is not the measure for everyone. There are different formulas for restaurant success.

I still can't get over that iron work they've put around the old restaurant building. No matter what, it'll at least be interesting and controversial!

Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:23 pm

I can do with mediocre food if the ambience (and entertainment?) is good. I love to cook so when I go out it's not usually for the food it's for the experience.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Definitely plastic wrap style signage support.  Ugh.

However I would just like the view over the lake, a drink and some halfway decent nibbles.  And my last request would be NO music.  Not everyone like Beatles and that other 60s stuff which we did not grow up with.  Some national romantica music playing softly in thebackground like Mexico musak would be okay...but "penny lane" and "eleanor rigby" and "stairway to heaven" on a loop every 20 minutes is revolting.

The big sign will be an eyesore.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Oops! Nobody got a permit, project has been put on hold. This article also explains the history of this concession.

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/noticias/item/1585-restaurante-de-ajijic.html?fb_ref=Default

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:17 pm

Ms.Thang wrote:Oops! Nobody got a permit, project has been put on hold. This article also explains the history of this concession.

Ooops!!! Somehow I just knew it'd get fun. Thanks for the link.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:02 am

Rizzo Jasso is a pretty sharp dude, I have no doubts he will get the municipal permits to continue his project.  Probably tried to avoid "concession fees" for the permisos.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:36 am

Rizzo Jasso is saying that the Urban Development Department doesn't have jurisdiction because the Port Authority does and he has his permission from them. Although the Urban Devlopment guy wants to see it. This is the way it was when the Tequila Repubic building went up.

Wasn't part of the argument back then that the money and taxes generated by the business doesn't count for here but goes to some federal office.

I wasn't really paying that much attention then, not that I am now either. It's gonna be what it's gonna be.

Let's hope it is worthy of the location.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:02 am

Article says he was just changing the facade and not really remodeling.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next