INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

+29
Trailrunner
windrider17
itsme
brigitte
espíritu del lago
metiche
kipissippi
SunFan
gobluejohn
suegarn
gringal
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
newinajijic
dcampbell757
hickton
Jim W
viajero
Bunyan
zenwoodle
Intercasa
solajijic
slainte39
RVGRINGO
Ms.Thang
Rosa Venus
artsnob
SunshineyDay
borderreiver
33 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? - Page 6 Empty Re: New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:33 pm

I appreciate your optimism, CBob, but this just hurts my eyes. It is so ugly, so very, very ugly.
Perhaps I lack imagination. I just can not see this ending up as any sort of "improvement" over the original building.
I hope I am proved wrong.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? - Page 6 Empty Re: New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

Post by gringal Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I appreciate your optimism, CBob, but this just hurts my eyes. It is so ugly, so very, very ugly.
Perhaps I lack imagination. I just can not see this ending up as any sort of "improvement" over the original building.
I hope I am proved wrong.

Once upon a time, there was just the lake in that location. That's as good as it was ever going to get.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:07 pm

well they sure managed to have an ugly place, and screw up the lakefront, yes the lake was as good it was going to get but someone had to screw it up. First edition should have been torn down.. On the French coasts we have German bunkers that are more attractive than that building.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Still looks like an old warehouse or factory building in the run down industrial area of town, YUK!

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:22 pm

The other day I was talking to the workers while marveling at the fake brick work around the entrance, and I noticed a man who appeared to be the boss. So I chatted him up a bit. "International Cuisine" was pretty much all he offered. I asked him what the name of the restaurant is, and he replied, "It's a surprise." So they're stilling being coy with information. I guess that means it's a name he expects people to recognize.

I always sort of liked the funky, about-to-fall-down shack look of the place before. I suppose that makes me crazy. Basketball
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:30 pm

the previous building and its "crab shack by the waterfront" look had more appeal than this which lookas as though it wshould be in a strip mall. Oh well not my say...

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:59 pm

I have to agree with CBob on this one. The pig was already there.....for a long time.  Might as well have a little lipstick. Future generations won't know the difference, like when the Egyptians spoiled the desert with Pyramids.  Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:30 pm

Actually they spoiled the pyramids with Cairo. Very Happy

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:04 pm

This town is in such disrepair I am for anyone with deep pockets who wants to come along and make things better. Maybe this guy will fix the sewer culvert in front of the old posada that has been spewing raw sewage into the lake for two straight days now. The rain stopped yesterday morning but it was still spewing full on this morning. The whole area smells like a sewage plant.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:10 pm

CanuckBob wrote:This town is in such disrepair I am for anyone with deep pockets who wants to come along and make things better. Maybe this guy will fix the sewer culvert in front of the old posada that has been spewing raw sewage into the lake for two straight days now. The rain stopped yesterday morning but it was still spewing full on this morning. The whole area smells like a sewage plant.

It was "fixed" before the last rash of storms, but it needs help again. Manholes were popping down that street this time around as it turned into a rushing stream......as usual.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:18 pm

Well maybe he'll fix it again. It certainly won't be good for business once he opens and I'm quite sure there won't be a lot of people dining at the Old Posada today......unless the smell of raw sewage in their thing.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:24 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Well maybe he'll fix it again. It certainly won't be good for business once he opens and I'm quite sure there won't be a lot of people dining at the Old Posada today......unless the smell of raw sewage in their thing.

I tried the "Marian Isobel" reincarnation of the Old Posada twice and came to the conclusion it was probably a good place to have a drink and chips outside on a fine day. Period. Twisted Evil The sewage smell is the death blow for now. Yuck.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:57 pm

And lets not forget the heaping mounds of rotting lirio left behind from the "clean-up" crew a week ago. They helped to reduce one problem and created another. Half assed jobs piss me off.......jaja. If something is important enough to do then at least finish it right.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:26 pm

I certainly hope they put more windows in the place! A beautiful location on a lake, overlooking a gorgeous sunset, and they have small windows? Are they crazy?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:38 pm

The whole south and east sides are wide open. They couldn't possibly make them any bigger. When they open those sliders on the west side that is also wide open.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:36 pm

I haven't been in town for a while. What's the word on this place?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:58 pm

The folks working there told me Monday the place will be open the end of January(?????)

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm wondering if they meant January 2016......jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:52 am

Well this appears to have exploded on the launchpad. Does anyone know what happened?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:56 am

Probably sandbagged by the anticipatory fears of the "to much noise and commercialization crowd", complaining and sabotaging events.
CNA/Federal Zone problems? I don 't think it was lack of money.
?quien sabe?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:10 am

What happened? Just left? Knocked down? Exploded?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:12 am

I was looking at it the other day, it's the same old story. I can't count how many times I've seen this scenario over the years. They collected all the multas, mordidas, and charges they could and then poof. Who knows if the gob finally said no or if the investor finally said basta. This is how it goes.

And the whole thing is illegal anyway, right? Has been from the git-go, right? So. . . who in their right mind would pump a lot of pesos into a scenario like that? Viva Mexico.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:20 am

Trailrunner wrote:I was looking at it the other day, it's the same old story. I can't count how many times I've seen this scenario over the years. They collected all the multas, mordidas, and charges they could and then poof. Who knows if the gob finally said no or if the investor finally said basta. This is how it goes.

And the whole thing is illegal anyway, right? Has been from the git-go, right? So. . . who in their right mind would pump a lot of pesos into a scenario like that? Viva Mexico.

Now, it's even a worse eyesore. I'd like to see it torn down or put to use. I "heard" a long time ago that it was built against Federal regulations but with mucho mordida, and I agree with trailrunner.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:41 pm

Probably the old government collected, but now the new government wants to collect. Maybe the well is dry and/or the Feds finally took notice.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:53 pm

What a waste. Somebody put about 40k into that. Maybe more. Maybe we can get Dale from the reporter to do a follow-up story.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Trailrunner wrote:

You can obtain special permission for construction activity in the Federal Zone, but it is a slippery slope in the grey area. If every i isn't dotted or t crossed, you can be had.  Not a place to go for the faint-hearted.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next