INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narcobloqueos, May 1, 2015 roadblocks

+25
gringal
Sideways
kiko
hogline
zenwoodle
sambrit10
peteben
Semalu
manymoonsago
MexicoJimbo
windrider17
Clueless
shana
Ms.Thang
viajero
Pogo
bol60
Frijoles
sparks
Smartalex
slainte39
Mad_Max
Whitey Disley
CanuckBob
Intercasa
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Narcobloqueos, May 1, 2015 roadblocks - Page 2 Empty Re: Narcobloqueos, May 1, 2015 roadblocks

Post by sparks Fri May 01, 2015 4:02 pm

Stop using the drugs they sell

sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Narcobloqueos, May 1, 2015 roadblocks - Page 2 Empty Re: Narcobloqueos, May 1, 2015 roadblocks

Post by Frijoles Fri May 01, 2015 4:09 pm

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gunmen-hit-chopper-in-jalisco-violence/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=3446449b26-Bulletin+May+1%2F15&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-3446449b26-348002553
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bol60 Fri May 01, 2015 4:29 pm

[quote="CanuckBob"]Hmmmm........I would think the ultra rich are much better targets for kidnapping and extortion than the "little guy". Aren't they already fair game?[/quote

They are. Wednesday they kidnapped the ex-daughter-in-law of ex president Vicente Fox in San Miguel de Allende. A lot more are kidnapped all over the country that we never hear about.

bol60

Back to top Go down

Narcobloqueos, May 1, 2015 roadblocks - Page 2 Empty Re:

Post by Pogo Fri May 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Intercasa wrote:Many here benefit from the drug trade.  Dont ask dont tell, look the other way.  The government is made up of the people and they prefer to profit from the destruction of their country not thinking about the future of their children and grandchildren.  

Hmmm . . . sounds as if they might be Republicans, no?

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Disley Fri May 01, 2015 5:49 pm

sparks wrote:Stop using the drugs they sell

Are you referring to me? A person you have never met or people in general?

That's like telling people to stop having sex. Ain't gonna happen. It needs to be viewed as a health problem the same as alcohol. Not as criminal delinquency.

Whitey Disley

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 01, 2015 7:42 pm

Whitey Disley wrote: The narcos are terrorists whose goal is the subjection of the populace. The only thing the oligarchy cares about is maintaining their way of life.

No doubt, but that puts them into very narrow confines and eventually easier to paint into a corner. I say, not to bright, as now they are having immediate success and satisfaction, but cannot win the war of attrition.  Leaglization could speed up the solution to the worst aspects of the drug cartel  business by decades.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri May 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Legalization no. Then without illegal drug profits robbery, kidnapping and extortion would skyrocket as the bad guys arent going to go back to school or give up their lifestyles.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri May 01, 2015 7:51 pm

Did the Sicilian Mafia in the US and other countries jump into those businesses when prohibition against alcoholic beverages ended.
No, by that time they had made enough money to send their progeny to fancy law schools.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Whitey Disley Fri May 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Intercasa wrote:Legalization no.  Then without illegal drug profits robbery, kidnapping and extortion would skyrocket as the bad guys arent going to go back to school or give up their lifestyles.  

Yeah, that argument has been presented before. IMO those types of crimes, as long as there is a reasonably functioning justice system, can be brought under controll. Get rid of the billions in drug money and their base is pulled out from beneath them.

So how do you propose to win the "drug war"? A "war" that has been going on for over 40 years and is no where close to being won? They are already robbing, kidnapping and extorting with virtual impunity. They have corrupted the government to an unprecedented degree. The Justice system is completely under their thumb.

Portugal has had tremendous success with a progressive approach to drug use. The present approach here in North America is certainly a disaster.

Whitey Disley

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri May 01, 2015 9:14 pm

Intercasa wrote: Mexico is too scared of a gringo invasion or control so their pride keeps them from getting help.
Anyone with an inkling of the history of US- Mexican relations could appreciate Mexican concerns regarding a gringo invasion or control.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 02, 2015 7:33 am

Here is a Canadian report of what went down yesterday.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/7-killed-among-violence-in-jalisco-mexico/ar-BBj2J89
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat May 02, 2015 8:13 am

"The narco-blockades in Jalisco … are due to the detention of El Mencho, leader of the CJNG," tweeted Jaime Barrera, editor of the Milenio newspapers in Jalisco. A candidate for governor of Colima also relayed the unconfirmed statement.
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sat May 02, 2015 8:18 am

Well, Spencer was right, this whole desmadre was because this CJNG leader got captured.

http://www.lapoliciaca.com/nota-roja/policia-federal-captura-a-nemesio-oceguera-cervantes-el-mencho-lider-del-cartel-de-jalisco-nueva-generacion-se-desatan-enfrentamientos-y-narcobloqueos-en-ER

Damn shame people had to die because of it.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sat May 02, 2015 8:19 am

Intercasa wrote:Legalization no.  Then without illegal drug profits robbery, kidnapping and extortion would skyrocket as the bad guys arent going to go back to school or give up their lifestyles.  

Nobody gets upset about drug trafficking except the law .... but if they turned to those other crimes the population would be plenty upset
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Sat May 02, 2015 9:29 am

According to Mexican friends of mine in Guadalajara there have been many kidnappings in Guadalajara. You don't hear about them but my friends know two of the victims, who, happily were returned to their family.

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat May 02, 2015 10:07 am

I think the capture of CJNG leader El Mencho is still just a rumor. There has been no official announcement of his arrest. "Operacion Jalisco," a joint military and police action meant to disrupt and destroy the CJNG, continues.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 02, 2015 10:10 am

Now all news reports of the capture are gone, links dont work, any mention has disappeared and is disappearing.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 02, 2015 10:15 am

Hmmm......perhaps a deal was made.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sat May 02, 2015 10:22 am

Ya think? More at the top rich and the guy who paid now has to recover his investment, more crime for everybody!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sat May 02, 2015 10:41 am

What's with all this cynicism? El Mencho is the most wanted man in Mexico and the authorities are actively pursuing his ass. There never was an official announcement of his arrest...just some obscure political candidate spouting off to that effect.

Candidato del PRI informa detención de 'El Mencho', líder del Cártel Jalisco Nueva Generación
http://www.sdpnoticias.com/nacional/2015/05/01/candidato-del-pri-informa-detencion-de-el-mencho-lider-del-cartel-jalisco-nueva-generacion
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat May 02, 2015 10:43 am

IMO, just as Viet Nam was called by the Vietnamese people, "Americas War," I believe it's the same thing here; in Mexico, the war on drugs is "Americas War."

Just like Nam, this is a war that can't be won; but IMO, Mexico is so dependent on the U.S., it does what the U.S. says to do.

And for those who are not cowered by the U.S., they have their own agendas including to make $$.

The governments should realize that in this instance, "Resistance is futile."

Decriminalize it all and tax sales, and there would be no narco-gangs; no profit, not gangs.

IMO again, Mexico would be a disaster zone without the U.S. as a trading partner and "supporter."

And the worst part is that, again, IMO, the "War on Drugs" in the U.S. can never be won; just look at prohibition as the perfect example.

And Spencer knows first-hand since he recalls the shoot-out in front of his home/office in Chapala.

Monty Hall should come in and say, "Let's Make a Deal."

There is too much chance for collateral damage with things as they are going today.
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Sat May 02, 2015 11:13 am

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fifteen-benefits-from-war-drugs-julian-buchanan

Don't know this guy or his background but this is an interesting perspective. I teach a course in a US University on the history of US drug policies and I make the students respond to this article. Most of the students are employed in the criminal justice system in the Southeastern US. I get some very interesting reactions from the law enforcement students, including vice cops, who in large part agree with this guy's points.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoJimbo Sat May 02, 2015 11:24 am

I have read the reports posted here and all of them appear to note that the roadblocks and violence happened yesterday, Friday, May 1.

My question is: Are the roadblocks/violence happening again today?  And are they expected to happen tomorrow?

The reason I'm asking this question is because I'm planning to drive to Ocotlan tomorrow to visit a friend who is in a rehabilitation center.  If it appears that the roadblocks/violence could happen tomorrow, I'll postpone that visit.

Any insights would be appreciated.

MexicoJimbo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat May 02, 2015 12:29 pm

Windrider: What a great article! I say this from the perspective of someone who was in the middle to late 70's a management team member for a large public health drug prevention and treatment office. Even then we had a budget of over 50 million dollars a year to fund treatment and prevention programs in just one county. We regularly got calls from pharmacies and physicians, offering us a cut of their profits for not rocking their boats because they thought we were in cahoots with law enforcement. What I took away from that experience is exactly what is put forth in the article . It came home to me again a very few years ago when I was invited to attend an inservice training program for staff of a major Alii trust in Honolulu -- they had paid big bucks for a former police officer from Florida to provide razzle-dazzle training on how to recognize evidence of drug abuse, where kids stash their drugs, etc. It was almost word-for-word the same spiel given by a similar guy back in 1976. I think PRI had it right back in the day when it treated cartels like any other tax paying corporate venture.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by manymoonsago Sat May 02, 2015 12:49 pm

Mexico Jimbo: If anyone besides the ones creating them could know for sure or reasonably predict when and where there would be bloqueos, there probably wouldn't be any. It seems that during daylight hours "things" tend to settle down pretty quickly after a major eruption, but anything resembling certainty is an illusion.
manymoonsago
manymoonsago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic; Over the Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat May 02, 2015 1:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Here is a Canadian report of what went down yesterday.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crime/7-killed-among-violence-in-jalisco-mexico/ar-BBj2J89

One of the comments was about the incompetence of the Mexican military. Rolling Eyes

It's the best thing this  country has going for it when it comes to law enforcement.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next