INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Certified professional massage therapist

+2
RVGRINGO
Gamina
6 posters

Go down

Certified professional massage therapist Empty Certified professional massage therapist

Post by Semalu Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 pm

I am looking for a professional therapeutic massage therapist. I have searched both boards and have come up with many who can wax poetic about their own masseuses' talents, but only one who has talked of the actual qualifications. That was from an old post by Simpsca in May 2012, copied below. Does anyone know this person and can you still recommend her? If not, is there someone else out there who has actual professional credentials?
I am not looking for stories of the best massage you ever had. I am looking for someone who can provide certified professional therapeutic massage suitable for insurance purposes. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

simpsca wrote:I'm going to a trained, licensed therapeutic and medical masseuse in Roca Azul. She is licensed in Arizona and takes the required courses there each year to keep her license current. She does not do relaxing massage but she does the best massage I've ever had. She has the proper massage table and uses a laser (similar to ultrasound) if you have muscle spasms. All the proper equipment. If you need to get your back straightened out (or have other injuries) call Loretta for an appointment at (387) 763-0438 or email her at lspatton.spidle@yahoo.com and you can say Carolyn recommended her. She is in Roca Azul but well worth the drive. Reasonable prices.

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Certified professional massage therapist Empty Re: Certified professional massage therapist

Post by Gamina Thu May 21, 2015 8:38 am

Loretta, the LMT mentioned above has retired and moved to Rocky Pt.

Generally, insurance companies will only pay for massage when the bill is submitted with the correct procedure codes and treatment notes done in medical SOAP (subjective, objective, assessment and plan) format.

My recommendation would be to contact your insurance company and ask what they accept for claim payment. Having a current license in the US without a cedula in Mexico may preclude the insurance company from paying.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Certified professional massage therapist Empty Re: Certified professional massage therapist

Post by Semalu Thu May 21, 2015 9:29 am

I am not looking for insurance advice, I am looking for a professional massage therapist. Thank you anyway.

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu May 21, 2015 12:18 pm

Things are different in Mexico. What “certification“ do you seek and from what authority?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Easy, go the the Clinica Terapia Fisica, next to the Ajijic Hospital. The PTs there are certified and at least one is a massage therapist. My insurance company paid for the PT and rehab there. Talk to Justina (pronounced HUStina) when you visit. She's the owner and a PT herself.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Fri May 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Thank you David. That is what I needed to know. I will go and talk to them.

For every one else.Please forget this post. I made a mistake using the BC insurance reference. I thought it would clarify. It did not. David got it right. For that I thank him.

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:46 pm

I know this is an old thread, but is that Clinica still there? Is there a phone number? I looked but could not find one.
Cheers,

Michael
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:25 pm

The clinic is still there, but they are not associated with the clinic. They are a separate business. Seems I heard they might have changed location, maybe someone else knows, but if not, just go over to the Ajijic Clinic and walk back to the parking lot and go to the little building on the west side.

THEY ARE EXCELLENT! I especially like the young man - whose name escapes me at the moment.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Thanks. Where exactly is the clinic?
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 pm

Oh, sorry. On the carretera in Ajijic, across from Gossips and Multi Valores. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 pm

Well, I walked into the Fisio New Life behind the Ajijic Hospital as explained. Said, I need a massage. 15 minutes later I was being fisio'd by Jonathon, their physiotherapist. Following that I had a solid hour massage by Raquel and Lucy - part of the time by both of them: a new experience. (As an aside, Raquel made my day by asking if I was Mexican.) Both masseuses were very good, and I will go back. They also kindly marked my bill as for physiotherapy and did not mention massage, so I will get my P$500 back. Thanks to David and TR for the recommendation.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm

Oh great! Thanks for the follow up. Yep, Jonathon, that's my guy. You got the whole enchilada. :)
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:31 pm

Today I have to admit that Raquel got a little enthusiastic and today my left foot is not good. My fault really, I said they could go deep. Was bad in the middle of the night, but getting better.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Canada_Mike wrote:Today I have to admit that Raquel got a little enthusiastic and today my left foot is not good. My fault really, I said they could go deep. Was bad in the middle of the night, but getting better.

I want to correct the above statement. My foot is fine today, which means that Raquel did nothing wrong, but released a major trigger point. Good work!
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down