INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way.

+13
CanuckBob
Jim W
windrider17
Flamingo
Jerlyn
sparks
diamondtuffy
Rosa Venus
Grizzy
gringal
ajijicbob
ellkeeper
Smartalex
17 posters

Go down

Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way. Empty Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way.

Post by Smartalex Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:30 am

This is not a drill. According to the U.S. National Hurricane Center, Hurricane Carlos will make landfall around Manzanillo on Tuesday and continue northward, with the center of the storm passing just to the west of us late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. Although Carlos will no longer be hurricane strength once it makes landfall, we can still expect high winds and lots of rain in the Chapala area. This may be a good time to lay in some candles, batteries and nonperishable food items. This is probably not a good time to stock up the food freezer. You may want to reschedule any travel plans for Wednesday. Here's a link to the National Hurricane Center website:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_ep3.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way. Empty Re: Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way.

Post by ellkeeper Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Oh my! We are arriving in Ajijic Monday evening...our first visit. Is there anything else we need to know? My husband wants to know if we should even come, but we are coming to check out the rainy season.. Any advice??

ellkeeper

Back to top Go down

Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way. Empty Re: Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way.

Post by ajijicbob Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:47 pm

This may be the perfect opportunity to check out the rainy season. You can't check it out if it doesn't rain.
ajijicbob
ajijicbob

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:50 pm

ellkeeper wrote:Oh my! We are arriving in Ajijic Monday evening...our first visit. Is there anything else we need to know? My husband wants to know if we should even come, but we are coming to check out the rainy season.. Any advice??

Most of the normal rainy season weather happens in the late evenings and overnight( just as in Camelot.) However, that doesn't count hurricane weather, which can be bad for driving. Keep checking the weather stations and plan accordingly.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Monday evening should be fine for your arrival...enjoy your stay.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:05 pm

Bring a flashlight, even a small one. And enjoy the storm! They are spectacular here and we don't get hurricane force winds.
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by ellkeeper Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks all! I'm so excited! We've rented a golf cart from Travis, so keep an eye out for us..love to hear what it's like living in Ajijic!

ellkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:46 pm

No reason to cancel a trip. We don't get the full brunt of hurricanes here since we're so far inland and protected by mountains. This isn't the coast. We do feel the outer edges though….some spectacular rains and winds. Just bring some rain protection, small flashlight is a good idea, and candles can be had in any little store. It's all part of the package, and part of the fun.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by diamondtuffy Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:42 pm

A few years ago I bought a small LED light with a headband, ended up riveting it onto the bill of a ball cap, I keep it handy, as long as CFE is the provider, an alternate source will be needed.

diamondtuffy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:47 am

It's no longer a hurricane and may not come ashore ..... is the latest. But prognosis changes a few times a day
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:35 pm

BULLETIN
HURRICANE CARLOS INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 20A
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL EP032015
100 PM CDT MON JUN 15 2015

...HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT FINDS CARLOS HAS REGAINED HURRICANE
STATUS JUST OFFSHORE OF THE SOUTH-CENTRAL COAST OF MEXICO...

SUMMARY OF 100 PM CDT...1800 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...16.9N 102.8W
ABOUT 85 MI...140 KM SW OF LAZARO CARDENAS MEXICO
ABOUT 175 MI...280 KM SE OF MANZANILLO MEXICO
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 285 DEGREES AT 6 MPH...9 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...989 MB...29.20 INCHES

WATCHES AND WARNINGS
--------------------
CHANGES WITH THIS ADVISORY:

None.

SUMMARY OF WATCHES AND WARNINGS IN EFFECT:

A Hurricane Watch is in effect for...
* West of Punta San Telmo to Playa Perula

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for...
* Punta San Telmo to Lazaro Cardenas
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ellkeeper Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:32 pm

We made it! We have candles, flashlight, some food and booze! For whatever happens!

ellkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jerlyn Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Stay safe all :)

Jerlyn

Humor : Sometimes I get it ... sometimes :)

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:49 pm

ellkeeper wrote:We made it! We have candles, flashlight, some food and booze! For whatever happens!

Welcome, glad you made it. Have fun!
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ellkeeper Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:02 pm

We are Flamingo! Thank you! Out to breakfast this morning and parked behind a SUV that had Tennessee tags and had Knoxville on the tag plate holder! That's where we live!

ellkeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:37 pm

Hope it is a good visit. Sorry about the Knoxville issue, from the Nashville contingency here. Kidding about the Knoxville slur.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Really sucks, we are getting 100 degree heat here
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:45 am

Sorry Jimmy, I would rather have the hurricane fallout than 100+ degrees.........jaja. Although so far it has been a no show in these parts.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:25 am

Back to a tropical storm and while it might make it rain here I think radar says no big storm for us.

Turn on Tropical to see projections. I turn off ocean temperature for clarity.

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=20.29999924&lon=-103.28333282&zoom=8&pin=Ajijic%2C%20Mexico&type=hyb&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=1&sat.num=1&sat.spd=25&sat.opa=85&sat.gtt1=109&sat.gtt2=108&sat.type=IR4&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:55 am

4-5 inches down here ..... probably will open the lagoon soon

Our road
Heads Up! Hurricane Carlos Is Headed Our Way. Pinal111
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Woody Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:16 pm

ellkeeper wrote:We are Flamingo! Thank you! Out to breakfast this morning and parked behind a SUV that had Tennessee tags and had Knoxville on the tag plate holder! That's where we live!

Welcome! Sent you a PM.. I believe that TN SUV belongs to my sister-in-law's neighbor in Joco..

Woody
Woody
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Satire

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:20 am

13" rain in Ardmore OK yesterday.... tropical depression put a LOT of water in Texas, OK, and Louisiana.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:14 am

Well Smartalex you were a few days late on this prediction.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down