INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dog's in restaurants.

+30
Playaboy
Jerlyn
Zedinmexico
kipissippi
Luisa
holdrja
Jerry00
RVGRINGO
zenwoodle
oncesubtle
Rosa Venus
artesialulu
papa chango
sparks
borderreiver
kiko
jrm30655
espíritu del lago
Clueless
slainte39
Pedro
Intercasa
viajero
CanuckBob
itsme
Smartalex
Flamingo
hockables
brigitte
Gamina
34 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Dog's in restaurants. - Page 4 Empty Re: Dog's in restaurants.

Post by oncesubtle Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:33 pm

On any given day skinned dogs can be found hanging in most meat markets in South Korea, no big and no stray dog problem. On a more disgusting note: A friend who was the director of the local humane society in north San Diego County told me they froze the carcasses of the dogs they euthanized and sold them to the cosmetic industries in Japan. Unlike the U.S Japan allows the dogs to be rendered and their fat used in the manufacturing cosmetics/lipstick. (I hope the guy was jiving me but I don't think so.)

Last edited by oncesubtle on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

oncesubtle

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:07 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:There is a dog food festival going on now in China. Some species are considered tastier than others. We like veal, they like puppies.

In these restaurants in China that serve up (not to) dogs, what do the patrons bitch about that other patrons bring into the restaurant in the form of living color. 
If I were a dog, I wouldn't want to be taken to a restaurant that served dog as an entrée, any more than I would want to go to a restaurant run by cannibals.
"Here Fido, you can have my leftovers"
....and God help them if they stray into kitchen.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:30 pm

It's a gag and a gag. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:44 pm

gringal wrote:It's a gag and a gag.  Twisted Evil

What RV wrote was not a gag, but it is a gag.(ughh)
The only thing worse than an unruly, undisciplined dog in a restaurant, would be sitting with a bunch diners, devouring dog.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 am

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:It's a gag and a gag.  Twisted Evil

What RV wrote was not a gag, but it is a gag.(ughh)
The only thing worse than an unruly, undisciplined dog in a restaurant, would be sitting with a bunch diners, devouring dog.

Worse yet, a bunch of unruly, noisy diners half drunk, yowling at the top of their lungs at once, and devouring dog. Actually, devouring anything. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by newinajijic Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:20 am

Roberto's last night, at the table next to us, sitting on their lap being fed and resting it's head on the tablecloth. Please leave your dog's home.

newinajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:31 am

On the lighter side:  Big turnout at Arileo's last Saturday night for the art show opening.
One customer brought her large standard poodle. No, this isn't France and the poodle was not sweetly sitting under the table. Took awhile for all those meals to be served, so the owner wandered off to chat with friends.  Meanwhile, dinners arrived and the poodle was ALMOST successful in grabbing the steak dinner which, lucky for its owner, someone else at the table snatched to safety at the last second.  I was kind of evilly hoping the pup would succeed.  Dang!!
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:31 am

Does anybody bring cats to restaurants??

At Robertos the local pet cat sits on my lap while I eat and is extremely well behaved and just generally lovely. He sits quietly and you would never know he is on my lap . I don't feed him. After a while he steps down and leaves after thanking me for a lap. In my opinion it depends on the animal but if I were allergic to cats/dogs/fleas I would probably have a different opinion like some folks here.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by pamarie Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:45 pm

I have a beautiful boxer that is very well mannered wherever I take her because I insist on a well behaved dog. She lies down and watches people, most of the time people are the ones who notice her and distract her from lying down, they enjoy her, otherwise I keep her under control. However I don't bring my dog with me if I am going out to eat with friends it's only if she is with me running errands and I stop to eat somewhere because it's more convenient than running her home and it's not an option to leave a dog in a hot car ever! She doesn't clean herself when she is at the dinner table either. I would stop her from doing that if she ever were so inclined.
Dogs are very comforting and well behaved ones are a joy to be around. I respect the fact that some restaurants don't allow dogs though and have no issues with it. I just leave no big deal....

pamarie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Pamarie: You're a newbie so probably haven't had the dubious joy of the lengthy discussions about dining with dogs. Without going into detail, I'll summarize by saying that some people's attitudes are that they should be able to bring their dogs to restaurants, and to hell with those who disagree. The law is somewhat vague on the subject, but generally not in favor of it.

Those who object are allergic, have seen bad behavior by canines and their owners or have been treated to flea bites. Nobody admits that their dogs have fleas, even though their dogs make friends with street dogs when they're out and about.

IMHO, the best policy for "making friends and influencing people" is to leave your pet home when you dine out. It avoids dirty looks.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:15 pm

It also avoids embarrassing the restaurant owner, who knows it is unlawful, but who really needs your business. They are subject to heavy fines.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:20 pm

Finally, sanity on the subject! I love dogs, however, I don't enjoy cleaning dog hair off my clothes when I go out for dinner! Just Sayin!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:41 pm

gringal wrote:Pamarie:  You're a newbie so probably haven't had the dubious joy of the lengthy discussions about dining with dogs.  Without going into detail, I'll summarize by saying that some people's attitudes are that they should be able to bring their dogs to restaurants, and to hell with those who disagree.  The law is somewhat vague on the subject, but generally not in favor of it.  

Those who object are allergic, have seen bad behavior by canines and their owners or have been treated to flea bites.  Nobody admits that their dogs have fleas, even though their dogs make friends with street dogs when they're out and about.

IMHO, the best policy for "making friends and influencing people" is to leave your pet home when you dine out.  It avoids dirty looks.

A double amen to this post gringal.  You never see Mexicans bring dogs to sit down restaurants in Guad.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4