INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the heck are all the fishermen??

+3
RVGRINGO
Jim W
drhook
7 posters

Go down

Where the heck are all the fishermen?? Empty Where the heck are all the fishermen??

Post by drhook Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:19 pm

WTF!!
O.K. sure, I am into my 2nd margarita, but really. It is June 30th and I am sitting here wondering what's up with fishing and I see the most recent posts from March 13 and 19th on the saltwater and freshwater forums?
Come on. Are there ANY serious or even semi serious or like maybe just somewhat interested fishermen still here? Are you all snowbirds?

drhook

Humor : Dry, sarcastic and jaded

Back to top Go down

Where the heck are all the fishermen?? Empty Re: Where the heck are all the fishermen??

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:54 pm

Drhook, the fishing club meets the 2nd Friday every month.   There is no charge, other than breakfast.    Many trips are scheduled there.   The restaurant name escapes me, but, it is on the corner on the carraterra  across the street from the Waffle House.

Rossmitchell@live.com Ross is the president of the club, Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Where the heck are all the fishermen?? Empty Re: Where the heck are all the fishermen??

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 pm

I think the restaurant is Fonda Doña Lola.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:57 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:I think the restaurant is Fonda Doña Lola.

Thanks RV.......that is correct! Blackeye Blackeye My Bad!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:02 pm

drhook wrote:WTF!!
O.K. sure, I am into my 2nd margarita, but really. It is June 30th and I am sitting here wondering what's up with fishing and I see the most recent posts from March 13 and 19th on the saltwater and freshwater forums?
Come on.  Are there ANY serious or even semi serious or like maybe just somewhat interested fishermen still here? Are you all snowbirds?

Drhook, go to a meeting, and ask Ross to provide a list of members, join of course.   Last time I checked there were far more Large Mouth Bass guys.    You should check out Agua Milpa........check under fresh water.    Please PM if you want more info, or have another Margarita.......gawd I miss those margaritas. lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:15 pm

I don't think Dr. Hook has ever been near or to the coast in May thru Sept or he would answer his own question.....jajajaja.

Most certainly have another margarita........ Beer Beer Beer Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by drhook Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:02 pm

Well, that post got a few bites. lol
Thanks for the info. I have been to 4 of the meetings held at Dona Lola so far since last fall. Good group of guys although not too much fishing talk for the most part. I even asked about you Jim W, since you seemed to be one of the most avid fishermen around here, but no one knew you.
So... everyone is at the beach. It certainly is the best time to go. I just got back myself from at month at Mazatlan (mid may-mid june) so will probably need to stay here and work on the 'honey do' list for the rest of the year. lol

drhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:10 pm

drhook wrote:Well, that post got a few bites. lol
Thanks for the info. I have been to 4 of the meetings held at Dona Lola so far since last fall. Good group of guys although not too much fishing talk for the most part. I even asked about you Jim W, since you seemed to be one of the most avid fishermen around here, but no one knew you.
So... everyone is at the beach. It certainly is the best time to go. I just got back myself from at month at Mazatlan (mid may-mid june) so will probably need to stay here and work on the 'honey do' list for the rest of the year. lol

Thank you Drhook.....I am not an ocean fisher, but will do!   I prefer freshwater, in this case Large Mouth Bass.  Please PM or send me your Mexican phone number.  Talk soon, Jim

I haven't been to a club meeting since September, I was diagnosed with terminal cancer.....they gave me 6-9 months........18 months later I am still kicken! I will be back and we can set up a trip? Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:21 pm

We'll be going bass fishing again in September, Hook. Let us know if ya want to tag along.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:34 pm

CanuckBob wrote:We'll be going bass fishing again in September, Hook. Let us know if ya want to tag along.

I'll send you his number......He is a great guy from the Northwest!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:35 pm

How about a fish report from Maz drhook. We are interested and details are a good thing.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by drhook Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:30 am

I have met Bob a few times. Of course he is a great guy as we are from the same town! Go Canucks!
Didn't end up going fishing in Maz. I find it just too expensive unless I can share a panga. But did end up buying a surf rod at the end of my trip. Looking forward to trying it out in Cuyitlan.

drhook

Back to top Go down

Where the heck are all the fishermen?? Empty Fishing Club

Post by GAHodge Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:56 am

Is there a fishing club in Ajijic? Is there a time and place that they meet?

GAHodge

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Here is a link to their website. http://drhook50hp.wixsite.com/ajijicfishingclub

I believe they meet the first Monday of each month at 9:00am at Dona Lola restaurant. Next meeting this Monday (Dec 5).

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:35 pm

Love their youtube video.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by drhook Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:26 am

Hope to see you at the meeting tomorrow morning at Dona Lola Restaurant (not the donut place) at 9 am.
I see you are from Vancouver. Welcome! We can swap a few fishing stories from that area

drhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down