INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glaucoma Info

3 posters

Go down

Glaucoma Info Empty Glaucoma Info

Post by Bunyan Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:08 pm

Any recommendations (or not) for the ophthalmologist at the Ajijic Clinic (or any other, for that matter)? Prices would be nice also. TIA.

Bunyan

Back to top Go down

Glaucoma Info Empty Re: Glaucoma Info

Post by SunFan Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 pm

Dr. Rigoberto Rios - La Montana Plaza (Charter Club Turs plaza)376 7661521

Brilliant

He hass treated a friend of mine for Glaucoma in both eyes....surgical procedure to reduce pressure. Yesterday...result full success.

He operated (20 minute procedure - day surgery) on me 6 months ago to remove floaters from my left eye.

SunFan

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:15 pm

SunFan wrote:Dr. Rigoberto Rios -  La Montana Plaza (Charter Club Turs plaza)376 7661521

Brilliant

He hass treated a friend of mine for Glaucoma in both eyes....surgical procedure to reduce pressure. Yesterday...result full success.

He operated (20 minute procedure - day surgery) on me 6 months ago to remove floaters from my left eye.

SunFan

SunFan

I didn't know this was possible SunFan. Yeah I've lived a sheltered life, lol! What procedure did they use? Laser? I've been dealing with 2 floaters for 20 years. If possible, recovery time, cost, and location for procedure. Could you drive home?

TIA Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:54 pm

I think I was still semi-conscious for the procedure. Sorta like a colonoscopy (sp)

He drains the vitreous fluid from the eye (along with with the floaters) while injecting  a replacement saline solution to keep the pressure balanced. Within 3 weeks all the salt solution is replaced with the natural fluid.

Bandaged overnight and dressings removed the next morning. No pain whatsoever. Vision immediately improved.

Vision - I now have two more lines on the eye chart and everything look brighter, clearer in that eye. I joke I may have an oil change in the other eye just to brighten things up evenly.

Cost all in for transportation to and from a private eye care hospital in Guad, the surgery, several post op follow-ups, eye drops Etc. was if I remember about 30,000 pesos. That was last October.

Coming back in the cab after the procedure the fellow who was with me had had a cataract removed by Dr. Rios that same afternoon.. No bandages. All I could hear him saying was..."Wow. Everything is so clear. I can see everything already."

He had been told NOB that his problem was macular degeneration and there was no hope for his vision. When we signed into the hospital he had to bend to get his face six inches from the book to see where to sign.

My floaters resulted from a retinal detachment repair in Toronto 12 years ago. In the 8 years after the operation before coming here , I visited ophthalmologists every 6 months. No one ever said anything was wrong or that my vision in that eye could be improved until I saw Rios.

I'm a happy camper.

Hope that helps

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Thank You George! One question.......when you look in a mirror, do you look better? Beer lol!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:40 pm

I've broken all the mirrors in the house but I do have a nice reflection from a bottle of Corona!

LOL
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down