INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mining in Mexico

+14
Lady Otter Latté
benjji
sparks
Zedinmexico
slainte39
mattoleriver
oncesubtle
Smartalex
CanuckBob
Pedro
Semalu
hockables
brigitte
viajero
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mining in Mexico Empty Re: Mining in Mexico

Post by viajero Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:01 pm

slainte39 wrote:
Semalu wrote:Hey is there any truth to the rumour that his escape was planned and executed by SNC Lavalin? I heard they got tired of waiting for Said Ghaddafi....

Mining in Mexico Rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon

Is that the Canuck company that sold their soul to the devil...errr, I mean the cartels in Mexico to continue mining operations?  Maybe they performed a service to pay off their debt for the franchise.
OH BOY!  Thanks Semalu, this could be the beginning of a plot for a big, best selling international intrigue novel.
The RCMP should raid their offices and see if they had plans of the prison sructure
Canuck mining companies remind me of US companies like Anaconda Copper,United Fruit,etc. back in the good ole days

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:37 pm

almost all the mining companies in mexico are canucklehead. we're top dog gold diggers.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Pedro wrote:almost all the mining companies in mexico are canucklehead. we're top dog gold diggers.
You're just the latest a$$holes to exploit the resources of the country.

Last edited by viajero on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:23 pm

I believe it is not something I wold brag about. In some states it could get you in trouble so do not wear your maple leaf in Guerrero , Chiapas and a few other places.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:26 am

canuckle gold diggers lead the world in this endeavour. i am fortunate enough to have had contact with 2 such individuals. randy reifel,big gunner here in mexico and dave fennel aka doctor death in africa.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 am

Here is some information for you Semalu. I work in a town that has a 50 year explotation contract but the locals

right now are blocking any equipement from going in. They went to visit other gold mines and saw what happened to the communities they visited and are blocking the way to the mine right now.

Most mines in Chiapas are Mexican / Canadian  and I have yet to hear anything good about them.

I do not feel one way or the other about them but there is a lot of corruption and pay off to let the mines go in and  a very large amount  of the people living in mining areas are against the mines.
They bring some jobs to the community, all poorly paid jobs..the money does not profit the community and has actually brought many problems and destabilized the communities and left more poverty.

http://www.fondoeltriunfo.org/english/pdf/mineria_triunfo.pdf

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:19 am

Semalu wrote: You would also know that Canadian Miners have actually made a far greater technological contribution to Mexico than this tunnel displays, or for that matter, than anyone else on this topic who is reading this has made. Think you have done more for Mexico through creating jobs, infrastructure and socioeconomic changes? Then put your money where your mouth spout is and prove it. I am happy to challenge you to a duel in the Octagon.
Good luck trying to promote the virtues of Canuck mining companies,semalu.
See you in the Octagon.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:36 am

viajero wrote:
Semalu wrote: You would also know that Canadian Miners have actually made a far greater technological contribution to Mexico than this tunnel displays, or for that matter, than anyone else on this topic who is reading this has made. Think you have done more for Mexico through creating jobs, infrastructure and socioeconomic changes? Then put your money where your mouth spout is and prove it. I am happy to challenge you to a duel in the Octagon.
Good luck trying to promote the virtues of Canuck mining companies,semalu.
See you in the Octagon.

Well, I'm sure they are Polite Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:56 am

hockables wrote:
Well, I'm sure they are Polite       Beer
I'm sure they are,the one in Sinaloa that just recently got robbed of 8 million USD worth of gold just shrugged it off and said their insurance would cover it. Very Happy

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Semalu Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:26 am

Pedro wrote:canuckle gold diggers lead the world in this endeavour. i am fortunate enough to have had contact with 2 such individuals. randy reifel,big gunner here in mexico and dave fennel aka doctor death in africa.

Yes I know Randy but do not recall meeting Dave. I aspire to be half the person that Randy is and make the same contributions. Ah well, ignorance is bliss as they say, and who am I to argue against such rabid bliss?
I suppose I could say that every coin I ever met has two sides to it but, to paraphrase another board member, why would we let the facts get in the way of a mind that is already made up?

For the record Slainte, I was not the one who brought up mining. I brought up the topic of SNC Lavalin as a tongue in cheek example of one engineering contractor who indeed has many talents, including building tunnels and known experience with aiding and abetting the escape of fugitives. A very very different topic from mining. Any further discussion on mining should be moved to the Octagon and leave this topic for Guzman and his ilk.

Semalu
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:10 am

so where do you know randy from semalu. i sold him many antiques. a really swell fellow who didn't flaunt his wealth. doctor death and i were on the pc norwood riding executive among other things as well as being neighbours. i nicknamed him bwanna dave when he started telling us about eating monkeys etc. in the jungle.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:55 pm

Semalu wrote: Any further discussion on mining should be moved to the Octagon and leave this topic for Guzman and his ilk.
Semalu,feel free to start a thread in the Octagon about the virtues of Canadian mininig companies.
(Canadian diplomats backed scandal ridden mining firm in Mexico),might be a good place to start...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:50 pm

viajero wrote:
Semalu wrote: Any further discussion on mining should be moved to the Octagon and leave this topic for Guzman and his ilk.
Semalu,feel free to start a thread in the Octagon about the virtues of Canadian mininig companies.
(Canadian diplomats backed scandal ridden mining firm in Mexico),might be a good place to start...
why don't you senor googlemeister -eh!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:56 pm

Pedro wrote:
viajero wrote:
Because I'm not the one who started spouting off about all the positive contributions  canuck mining companies have made in Mexico ..eh.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:15 pm

viajero wrote:
Pedro wrote:
viajero wrote:
Because I'm not the one who started spouting off about all the positive contributions  canuck mining companies have made in Mexico ..eh.

So they haven't made any positive contributions?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:30 pm

It all depends how you define "positive". They are screwing up the environement, causing feud in the villages, jobs for the locals are very poorly paid and so on The mining areas are the poorest areas...there is one thing I do not talk about when I anm in the indigenous villafes, religion and mining..These subjects are extrememly sensitive and taking sides is a good way to get in real trouble. People get killed taking sides on these subjects.
In the Motozintla area it is a good thing not to wear the maple leaf.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:41 pm

So you are speaking about a small area of Mexico. There are hundreds of mines in areas other than Chiapas. The mining areas are the poorest areas?? Are you painting the entire industry and the entire country with a broad brush?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Here is a Mexican government website with some useful info to get you started.

http://portalweb.sgm.gob.mx/economia/en/mexico-mining/mining-companies.html
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:44 pm

Bob,I'm no expert on the issue but mining companies,be they American,Canadian,Chinese or whatever don't have great reputations for contributing much to the locals where they're extracting the minerals.
Google,(Canadian diplomats backed scandal ridden mining firm in Mexico)for an example of what I'm referring to.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:56 pm

I never base my opinion on anything because of one story. I would think the Mexican government and many of the 1000's of employed Mexicans may disagree with you. There are horror stories with mining in just about every country in the world. So what.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:46 pm

It is no secret that Canadian mining interests have a very poor track record in Mexico. There is plenty of information on the subject. For example...

Corruption, Murder and Canadian Mining in Mexico:
The Case of Blackfire Exploration and the Canadian Embassy

http://www.miningwatch.ca/files/blackfire_embassy_report_eng_0.pdf
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:07 pm

but Smartalex it is "just one story" and mining is bad all over the world so who cares...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:36 am

brigitte wrote:but Smartalex it is "just one story" and mining is bad all over the world so who cares...

Please don't put words in my mouth. I said "so what" not "who cares". You hear or read a few stories about problems in your area and then paint the whole industry and Canadian mining companies in particular with a broad brush. Saying that mining has no financial positives for Mexico and that Canadian mining companies (insinuating all) are corrupt, etc. is complete BS. There are over a 100 Canadian mining companies doing business in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Humble Administrator
Humble Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:05 am

CanuckBob wrote:
brigitte wrote:but Smartalex it is "just one story" and mining is bad all over the world so who cares...

Please don't put words in my mouth. I said "so what" not "who cares". You hear or read a few stories about problems in your area and then paint the whole industry and Canadian mining companies in particular with a broad brush. Saying that mining has no financial positives for Mexico and that Canadian mining companies (insinuating all) are corrupt, etc. is complete BS. There are over a 100 Canadian mining companies doing business in Mexico.
semalu said that posters like this would continue with their canadian mining bashing agenda-no matter what the facts are.-no?
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:21 am

Smartalex wrote:It is no secret that Canadian mining interests have a very poor track record in Mexico. There is plenty of information on the subject. For example...

Corruption, Murder and Canadian Mining in Mexico:
The Case of Blackfire Exploration and the Canadian Embassy

http://www.miningwatch.ca/files/blackfire_embassy_report_eng_0.pdf
Thanks for the link Alex.
It's informative,for those who take the time read it...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next