INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medicare (B) services in US if you have a Mexican address

+8
RVGRINGO
Carry Bean
Trailrunner
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
David
Ojalero
TrueBrit
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Medicare (B) services in US if you have a Mexican address - Page 2 Empty Re: Medicare (B) services in US if you have a Mexican address

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Ditto what Gringal said.

Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Medicare (B) services in US if you have a Mexican address - Page 2 Empty Re: Medicare (B) services in US if you have a Mexican address

Post by slainte39 Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:31 pm

gringal wrote:My "personal" opinion of those ads from more than one of those air evac companies strike me a fear-based.
If that's the motivation for signing up, it probably is a good idea.  

My "personal" take on U.S. medical care is rather poor, and is "experience based".   

Does "fear of flying" enter into this conversation.  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:17 pm

GG, I am pleased that you are pleased. Good luck to you.

Not all evac insurance is the same. Just like any other offer, shop and read the fine print. I have seen on a few offers that they "Drive a hearse to your door" with the fear factor. There is available some that do not own or control the aircraft and in the small print say something to the effect that service is provided by others and their schedules and availability may be limited.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Spoiler alert: we are all going to die anyway.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:22 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Spoiler alert: we are all going to die anyway.

"We'll fly away"

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Some quicker and sooner than others. I really would rather die in bed asleep than in a hospital.

RVGRINGO wrote:3rd most frequent cause of death in the USA:  Medical errors!

Again, where can we find that fact, please? Sounds to me to be pulled out of a body orifice. Your quote will be a subject in The Octagon if you don't reply here.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:29 pm

One other little problem is that in some areas it's hard to find a doctor who wants to take on another Medicare patient.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Carry Bean wrote:One other little problem is that in some areas it's hard to find a doctor who wants to take on another Medicare patient.

Yes, there are many doctors not accepting Medicare patients, but that is primary care, Part B, territory. Primary care in Mexico is very good and not worth three or four trips a year NOB for that. You really would not have a problem getting specialized care at a hospital of your choice when needing surgery or be incoming via an air evacuation vehicle. The doctors there are required to service you as I mentioned earlier.

I really wonder if Carlos Slim or Vicente Fox would get a coronary bypass done in Mexico that was not an emergency.

Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Very true, in many if not most areas.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Ojalero wrote:

Some quicker and sooner than others. I really would rather die in bed asleep than in a hospital.

RVGRINGO wrote:3rd most frequent cause of death in the USA:  Medical errors!

Again, where can we find that fact, please? Sounds to me to be pulled out of a body orifice. Your quote will be a subject in The Octagon if you don't reply here.

Here's a reference, since you asked about causes of death by medical error:

http://www.hospitalsafetyscore.org/newsroom/display/hospitalerrors-thirdleading-causeofdeathinus-improvementstooslow

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:59 pm

gg,
Thanks and rvg, you are off the hook.

I find it strange that the CDC would not include that number in their report. I will do some looking and might report back.

Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:07 am

Good. I hate being on the hook for something that I recall, but for which I have no memory of when or where, and which was simply wandering around from synapse to synapse without a dedicated route to another related celular entity........you know; “the grape vine“........ scratch

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:13 am

RVGRINGO wrote:Good. I hate being on the hook for something that I recall, but for which I have no memory of when or where, and which was simply wandering around from synapse to synapse without a dedicated route to another related celular entity........you know; “the grape vine“........ scratch

I like that, RV. Those who don't b.s. with no basis in fact seldom "take the bait" and find themselves "on the hook".
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ojalero Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:07 pm

Never mind, too much beer. I have had a devastating thing happen. I am sorry.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:27 pm

Ojalero wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:One other little problem is that in some areas it's hard to find a doctor who wants to take on another Medicare patient.

Yes, there are many doctors not accepting Medicare patients, but that is primary care, Part B, territory. Primary care in Mexico is very good and not worth three or four trips a year NOB for that. You really would not have a problem getting specialized care at a hospital of your choice when needing surgery or be incoming via an air evacuation vehicle. The doctors there are required to service you as I mentioned earlier.

I really wonder if Carlos Slim or Vicente Fox would get a coronary bypass done in Mexico that was not an emergency.

I would. In fact, I think given the choice, I'd choose MX over the US. I've had one in the US and several surgeries here, one was major surgery. Attention and care is much better here and most of the doctors here are at least as good as NOB.

I had bypass surgery in the US in 1999 and I don't think anyone in the operating room was a native American. Worked out OK since I'm still around, but just saying........

My GP was Indian, my surgeon from South Africa, the gas passer was Indian. there was a guy who sewed up the area around my ankle (hard to do). He looked European but was in training from Israel. Most of the nurses looked Filipino. I used to say I was an "international project".

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SuzieQ1954 Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:57 am

Re Drs. accepting Medicare patients. My Dr. retired and the one Dr who still accepted Medicare patients did not touch me during my annual physical exam. She chatted for 20 minutes but failed to listen to my heart and lungs even. When the nurse returned with orders for various lab tests, I asked if we were through with my physical. She indicated we were. When I mentioned that the Dr. had not even listened to my heart and lungs, she asked, "do you want her to?" Took several months but I finally found another dr. in another community who would take Medicare patients. She is very organized and thorough.

My daughter told her Dr. she would not go into the local hospital because almost everyone she knew who went in did not come out alive. He thought she was joking, but she wasn't. It was true.

I'll take my chances with MX medical.

SuzieQ1954

Back to top Go down

Post by BILLBOGEY Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:51 am

This has been a very interesting topic, However, If they drive the hearse to my door I probably won't answer the door!

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : UNIQUE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2