INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mt. Garcia's on fire again..... Or the view from my driveway

+4
kiva
Intercasa
CanuckBob
albertrv
8 posters

Go down

Mt. Garcia's on fire again.....  Or the view from my driveway Empty Mt. Garcia's on fire again..... Or the view from my driveway

Post by albertrv Thu May 12, 2011 10:56 pm

This is the view up my driveway. From the camera lense its about 150 meters to the Carr. (Mex 15) and another 250 meters or so to the start of the flames. The lower flames worry me a bit as there is a lot of plastic covering the raspberries as you can see in the lower part of the picture. I very much doubt if this is Non-toxic PVC plastic. The saving grace so far is that the airflow is off the lake and up the mountain. Not normal for evenng winds but probably caused by the heat of the fire drawing air in.

[url=From my Driveway]www.forum.lagunachapala.com/index.php?topic=390.msg1637#msg1637[/url]

Don't forget to click on the thumbnail after you get to the page
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Mt. Garcia's on fire again.....  Or the view from my driveway Empty Re: Mt. Garcia's on fire again..... Or the view from my driveway

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 13, 2011 7:29 am

Wow......that is quite a sight.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Mt. Garcia's on fire again.....  Or the view from my driveway Empty Re: Mt. Garcia's on fire again..... Or the view from my driveway

Post by Intercasa Fri May 13, 2011 7:59 am

I couldn´t see the pic
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Fri May 13, 2011 8:02 am

Intercasa wrote:I couldn´t see the pic

You're not alone.
kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Fri May 13, 2011 8:19 am

What picture?

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri May 13, 2011 9:56 am

Give me a minute and i'll dig up the file and post it here. What I'm finding very strange is that some can see it and others can't so I thought I should do a bit of testing. I can see the thumbnail and open it with all browsers except Chrome. I'll play more with it later to see if its a setting or what.

Back to finding my file...

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Fri May 13, 2011 10:09 am

I was only able to see the picture after I registered....
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri May 13, 2011 10:19 am

Sorry but the file upload will have to wait until later. It seems that this board has an upload limit set for 100 which is pretty low, and my pic even thought it has been downsized is over that. I'm not sure about the quality of the pic after downsized that much but i'll try. For now I'm off to Joco to pick up a new BBQ. In the mean time if you have another browser available you might want to try. I'd be intrested in knowing the outcome.

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri May 13, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks for that info lunateck I bet thats the magic answer. I asked Ellen exactly that question last night as i was posting and she thought that unregistered woulld be able to see it. I'm going to mention it again and see if that can't be changed. I'm thinking its going to be easy to change the setting in the forum stuff.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Fri May 13, 2011 10:36 am

Problem solved. One little check box that never got checked way back when... Guests have always been allowed to view the forum but never post, as is the same with all the forums around here. It was an oversite on viewing picture files and this is actually the first time its come up. Thanks again Lunateck, it could have taken another year to figure out the problem.

Rather than downsizing the file and loosing some of the resolution you can now go back and have another look.

albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiva Fri May 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Works fine now.
Beautiful picture, considering.
Sure is a shame, feel sorry for the people that have to contend with it.
kiva
kiva

Back to top Go down

Post by bimini6 Fri May 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I have been watching it from across the lake in San Juan, it is interesting to see the patterns and jumps it has made. I hope for those on that side of the lake that it does not continue to spread or head towards houses.

bimini6
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : always! It is good for the soul

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri May 13, 2011 4:47 pm

That's quite a picture Trucks. Beautiful, but deadly. We're in the middle of fire season here in Colorado too. Thank goodness for the recent rain.
Hope we all get through it unscathed. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Sure.......blame the forum Albert.......LOL. Here is the pic in all it's wonder:

Mt. Garcia's on fire again.....  Or the view from my driveway Fire2010
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down