INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKEA CALL IN MEXICO

+9
David
MexicoPete
Flamingo
WillieRae
slainte39
lunateak
rckrckr
addtocart
solajijic
13 posters

Go down

EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKEA CALL   IN MEXICO Empty EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKEA CALL IN MEXICO

Post by solajijic Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:30 pm

EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PHONES IN MEXICO
First, check with your carrier, and if they get you confused, refer to this… From your Mexican land phone:
- To dial to a Mexican local number (same area code): Dial 7 digits (no area code necessary)
- To dial to a Mexican long distance number: Dial 01 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits).
- To dial to a Mexican cell phone number:
Dial 044 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits) (when in same area code)
Dial 045 if the cell phone is a different area code than where you are (LD cell phone)
- To dial to a U.S. phone number: Dial 00 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-800 U.S. number: (international rates apply): Dial 00 + 1 + 880 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-888 U.S. number: Dial 00 + 1 + 881 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-877 U.S. number: Dial 00 + 1 + 882 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-866 U.S. number: Dial 00 + 1 + 883 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a Mexican 01-800 number: Dial 01 + 800 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to other countries: Dial 00 + country code (1, 2 or 3 digits) + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To a US cell phone while is in Mexico (some companies have that as default): Dial 00 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits) From your Mexican cell phone:
- To dial to a Mexican local number: Dial directly the area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- To dial to a Mexican long distance number: Dial area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- To dial to a Mexican cell phone number: Dial area code (3 digits) + phone number
- To dial to a US phone number: Dial 00 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-800 U.S. number: (international rates): 00 + 1 + 880 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-888 U.S. number: Dial 00 + 1 + 881 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-877 U.S. number: Dial 00 + 1 + 882 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-866 U.S. number: Dial 00 + 1 + 883 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to a Mexican 01-800 number: Dial 01 + 800 + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To dial to other countries: Dial 00 + country code (1, 2, or 3 digits) + phone number (usually 7 digits)
- To a US cell phone while is in Mexico (some companies have that as default): Dial 00 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- Also, to call from a Mexican cell phone while in the US to a Mexican cell phone in Mexico (believe me, it happens): Dial 011 + 52 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits) From your US cell phone: You can make calls from your U.S. cell phone to Mexican numbers while you are in Mexico. Some US companies have arrangements with local Mexican carriers (TELCEL or MOVISTAR for example). In this case, the Mexican carrier takes over and your cell phone becomes "Mexican," so you will use the "from Mexico" option below. Other carriers have no arrangement with any Mexican company, so you'll use the "from the U.S." option below. Unless you have an international plan, it is not cheap to use your U.S. cell phone in Mexico, but some times it is necessary. Contact your cell phone company before leaving the U.S, or try to dial the following ways:
- To dial to a Mexican local or long distance landline number:
From the U.S: 011 52 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
From Mexico: 01 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- To dial to a Mexican cell phone number:
From the U.S: Dial 011 52 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
From Mexico: Dial 01 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- To dial to a U.S. phone number: Dial 00 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)
- To dial to a 1-800 U.S. number: (international rates will apply): Dial 00 + 1 + 880 + phone number
- To a US cell phone while it is in Mexico: Dial 00 + 1 + area code (3 digits) + phone number (7 digits)

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKEA CALL   IN MEXICO Empty Re: EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKEA CALL IN MEXICO

Post by addtocart Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:41 am

- To dial to a 1-800 U.S. number: (international rates): 00 + 1 + 880 + phone number (usually 7 digits)"

880, not 800???
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKEA CALL   IN MEXICO Empty Re: EVERYTHING (ALMOST) YOU NEED TO KNOW TO MAKEA CALL IN MEXICO

Post by rckrckr Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 am

Yes 880.

rckrckr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:51 am

Yes, 880 and its not toll free.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:58 am

lunateak wrote:Yes, 880 and its not toll free.

That depends on your monthly plan with Telmex.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:24 pm

(EDITED) Thanks for taking the time to post this for everyone!

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:42 pm

WillieRae - using other people's real names on a public forum, unless part of their handle, is totally unacceptable. Please NEVER do it again
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WillieRae Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks for that tip...will observe that protocol in the future.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Why is everyone afraid to use their own name? Beginning in 2001 and to about 2012 I wrote a weekly article called Tech Talk in the Guad Reporter and wrote under my real name and also had, in the header my email address.

I have also used my last name "Johanson" as my handle on TOB.  I have never had a problem.

EDIT: You can see by my age posted therein that my photo is a little old
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:30 pm

The post could have been greatly simplified:
e.g. all Mexican phone number are 10 digits, so are USA and Canada numbers.
Call the USA from Mexico prefix 001 + 10 digits,
Call Mexico from the USA 011-52+10 digits.
etc.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:07 pm

It's just a copy/paste of the first or second google answer. I see it everytime I ask google how to call somewhere. I've never read it all though, a bit too much.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:56 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Why is everyone afraid to use their own name? Beginning in 2001 and to about 2012 I wrote a weekly article called Tech Talk in the Guad Reporter and wrote under my real name and also had, in the header my email address.

I have also used my last name "Johanson" as my handle on TOB.  I have never had a problem.

EDIT: You can see by my age posted therein that my photo is a little old

Pete, it is your choice to use your real name. It is other people's choice not to. No one owes you (or anyone else) a reason, justification or explanation. And, it certainly does not mean they are "afraid" to use their real name. If someone chooses to use a screen name no one has the right to use their real name if they know it. I am glad this has been brought up as a reminder.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:12 pm

I yam who I yam!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:40 pm

IMO, These forums would sure be a lot more informational and respectful if people did have to use their real names though. It is one reason that people are turning to Facebook groups. Of course you would still have the odd person who continue to act like an idiot even when everyone knows who they are. We have seen at least two examples here in the past.....jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:54 pm

Too many jerks out there and we don't know who all is reading this, not just the posters. A friend had a really bad experience.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 pm

What kind of experience?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:35 am

Well it might be a bit much but someone sent it to me this morning and I figured at least a few people out there might like to have it.

David most of our rental tenants need to have everything explained in very simple language.

"The garbage men come down our street everyday, Monday thru Friday, before 8 AM. They might be ringing a bell and then again they might forget to ring the bell. The truck makes a lot of noise and there is some yelling. Try to think of it as village charm.

Put the trash only out after 7 am. It must be located on the garage apron up against the garage doors. Please do not put it in the street. A car will run over it and you will have to clean it up.

DO NOT put the trash outside the night before because the animals will tear it apart and you will have to clean it up.

So where your way is good for me because I am familiar with what you are talking about, it wouldn't be adequate for a lot of folks.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:15 am

CanuckBob wrote:IMO, These forums would sure be a lot more informational and respectful if people did have to use their real names though. It is one reason that people are turning to Facebook groups. Of course you would still have the odd person who continue to act like an idiot even when everyone knows who they are. We have seen at least two examples here in the past.....jaja.

Yup. I like those groups too.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:21 am

Trailrunner wrote:What kind of experience?

Harassed in real life. Yelling at her when he ran into her.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:06 am

Trailrunner wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:IMO, These forums would sure be a lot more informational and respectful if people did have to use their real names though. It is one reason that people are turning to Facebook groups. Of course you would still have the odd person who continue to act like an idiot even when everyone knows who they are. We have seen at least two examples here in the past.....jaja.

Yup. I like those groups too.

Although as a caveat I have seen it get kind of nasty on a couple of the public Facebook groups such as On the road in Mexico.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:14 am

Yeah, Bill Bell tends to let things work out for themselves. He also sells car insurance on that site.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:01 am

What soloajijic says is true.....
Just follow TOB and you will see how the same simple steps of living here has to be repeated over and over again.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down