INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!!

+28
coffeeguy
Smartalex
gvprod
JayBear
rjhart
espíritu del lago
Carry Bean
WillieRae
Clueless
simpsca
Hensley
David
oncesubtle
DaveP
slainte39
zenwoodle
ferret
islandiver
Vandre
Gamina
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
gringal
twelveoaks
Lady Otter Latté
hockables
hickton
cornedbeefrick
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!!

Post by WillieRae Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:31 pm

Ahhh, Johnny Rockets...love them. We even had one for a while I. Colima in the new mall....alas, they too soon went out of business!

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!!

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm

The double cheeseburger and fries I get at Trip's have been just great and I am extra fussy about burgers. Mine haven't been skimpy at all and the ones
I get look just like the pictures he posts on Facebook. I willl keep going back unless that changes. The people working there are very nice as well.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! - Page 3 Empty NOB PRICE vs SOB PRICES. SALMON

Post by espíritu del lago Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:03 am

Gringal wrote:

G wrote:Salmon is off the charts every where. At Coctco it is up from 299 to 349 per kilo and WalMart is up from 249 to 299 per kilo.

In Central Texas last week I purchased Wild caught Pacific coast fillet of salmon(whole) for $11.99 a lb.

However it was on sale. I'm very picky about fish and this was fresh!  I purchased the largest one. On the same weekly sale Blue fin tuna was on sale for $3.79 a lb. It was also very fresh. Needless to say I stocked up.

Where they make their money was the special seasonings, Fresh prepared tartar sauce and the planks for grilling. Another thing I noticed Charcoal and lighter fluid was not on sale. If you're an impulse buyer like many people are then there was no savings.l

espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:49 am

Come on, Espiritu! It is bad enough that someone resurrects a nine-month-old thread about the then news of Trip's Burger raising their prices to share his current review of it. Now, on page three of the thread you post about salmon prices in Central Texas?!?

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:57 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Come on, Espiritu! It is bad enough that someone resurrects a nine-month-old thread about the then news of Trip's Burger raising their prices to share his current review of it. Now, on page three of the thread you post about salmon prices in Central Texas?!?

That wasn't my quote. Haven't a clue where he found it. Also, haven't been near Texas since passing through on our way to Mexico over a dozen years ago. Wonder what he's smokin'?
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:03 am

Wrong time of year for Salmon in Texas.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:31 am

hahahahaha

Must say, Espiritu leaves me shaking my head every time I read him - which is not often. At least it wasn't a link to salmon in TX. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rjhart Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:18 pm

Those great abalone sandwiches south of Hal Moon bay were in Princeton. Always our last stop on the Sunday MC ride down Skyline Blvd and up Hwy 1.

rjhart

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 pm

Tripp sure does get around!
Burgers in Mexico...salmon in Texas...abalone in.....WHERE???  lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:33 am

rjhart wrote:Those great abalone sandwiches south of Hal Moon bay were in Princeton.  Always our last stop on the Sunday MC ride down Skyline Blvd and up Hwy 1.

hahahaha yes they were. I know that area, I was a medic working 911 there for years. Some of you guys never survived that little straight away on Skyline. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:39 am

Trailrunner wrote:
rjhart wrote:Those great abalone sandwiches south of Hal Moon bay were in Princeton.  Always our last stop on the Sunday MC ride down Skyline Blvd and up Hwy 1.

hahahaha yes they were. I know that area, I was a medic working 911 there for years. Some of you guys never survived that little straight away on Skyline. . .  

OMG. Stop that. I lived on Monterey bay and when I think of the food available.........it's enough to make a grown woman weep. My husband grew up in Pacific Grove and for 50 cents, he could buy a big fat abalone sandwich.
We were still able to get abalone without taking out a loan shortly before we left for here..........but do they still even exist, at any price?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:42 pm

Scoma's, Gringal!!! sob 
Only ab I've had in the last few years were diving with friends or gifts from friends. I miss Dungeness crab too. sigh
Doubt there is any chance of getting abalone here . . .  I will ask David!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:54 pm

When we first came here 12 years ago one could get abalone at El Pargo on Guadalajara. It was terribly expensive but you could get it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:38 pm

And now? No more?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:49 pm

I have no idea.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Anybody remember a great little Italian/pasta place in Half Moon Bay with red and white checkered table cloths.  Used to frequent it in 1959 and 60.....something like Luigi's or some other Italian name.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:26 am

...That was a bit before my Half Moon Bay time (still on the boat in Sausalito) but since this gang wants to wallow in food nostalgia, how about the Italian restaurante on Fishermans Wharf in Monterey that served up paper baked REAL Petrale sole to die for, plus the small calamari (formerly octopus) rounds deep fried in garlicky olive oil? Oh mama mia!

Let's see........where did that thread go? Bob, should you just split it and just let us go on wallowing? We're thousands of miles from Tripps.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Slaint, I remember the place well !! Delish food, fun place. I would have frequented the place in about 1963. Seem to recall that the place burned to the ground. Was surprised that they didn't rebuild cuz it was always jam packed. Since it was down a long dirt road toward the sea, and the only "business" in the middle of acres 'n acres of crops, it probably didn't qualify zoning-wise.

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:44 pm

I would doubt that. If so, things are REALLY out of hand. Gotta be something interesting going on with this business of Tripp's--hope I hear the full details.

Can't stand the place myself--I mean, it's a STAND not a restaurant, right??? No waiters, takes a long while to get your stuff from the disinterested staff, one has to sit outside (not a winner in the rainy season!). Plus, I can make a better burger with my eyes shut!

But I must say I liked the Chinese place nearby when I tried it a while ago. Nice polite people. Must go back! Must start new topic on Chinese food!!!

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:16 pm

Vandre wrote:Slaint, I remember the place well !! Delish food, fun place.  I would have frequented the place in about 1963.  Seem to recall that the place burned to the ground.  Was surprised that they didn't rebuild cuz it was always jam packed.  Since it was down a long dirt road toward the sea, and the only "business"  in the middle of acres 'n acres of crops, it probably didn't qualify zoning-wise.

Yep, that sounds like it.....stood alone on a rather steep terrain and was a wood frame building, two stories if I remember right.  It was always crowded because the prices were right Very Happy , and the food good.  Everybody was everybodys friend.  We were a bunch of construction workers working over on the other side in the Hillsborough/Burlingame area....you know, Shirley Temple's neighborhood.
Talk about ancient history...... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:23 pm

gringal wrote:...That was a bit before my Half Moon Bay time (still on the boat in Sausalito)

It wasn't that red one at the end of the pier that became a restaurant?  Naw, that gal went on to become involved in politics as well as her other endeavors....... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Nah. She had an "establishment" on shore and was one of our more colorful politicos. Since they're all in the same basic business, she fit right in.
I was just a puppy in those days, as were you.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:37 pm

I follow a FB page called Lost Marin and it's full of old pics, gossip, stories, and great photos - one the other night was of Juanita (remember Juanita?) and Sally. Bosom buddies!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:06 pm

JayBear wrote:I would doubt that. If so, things are REALLY out of hand. Gotta be something interesting going on with this business of Tripp's--hope I hear the full details.

Can't stand the place myself--I mean, it's a STAND not a restaurant, right??? No waiters, takes a long while to get your stuff from the disinterested staff, one has to sit outside (not a winner in the rainy season!). Plus, I can make a better burger with my eyes shut!

But I must say I liked the Chinese place nearby when I tried it a while ago. Nice polite people. Must go back! Must start new topic on Chinese food!!!

I was just there a couple of days ago and it hardly took a "long while" to get a double cheeseburger from the very interested staff who were friendly and outgoing. The food was cooked fresh and wasn't sitting on a steam table and I don't mind waiting 5 minutes. Now back to Marin...

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:52 pm

JayBear wrote:I would doubt that. If so, things are REALLY out of hand. Gotta be something interesting going on with this business of Tripp's--hope I hear the full details.

You must have gone to a Trip's in an alternate universe. I have gone every two or three months since they opened. Staff is always polite, cheerful, helpful, and efficient. I may have waited once for 10 minutes when they were really busy, but usually it is a five-minute wait. I enjoy sitting outside and watching the world go by. It's a food court. All the eateries are "stands" as you put it. We can all make a burger but it isn't a Trip's Burger which is what I go there for. Other burgers are different and I have my other favorites too. As for the Chinese place, maybe it has improved since I was last there (quite a while ago) when I dumped my food into the trash bin. Different strokes....
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Probably hit Tripp's once a week, never more than a 5 minute wait with a VERY friendly staff, whether it's to eat there or to go.  If you can't figure out it's a food court with people sitting around in the common area eating from different establishments, then no amount of explaining here will do the job.
The Chinese outlet....cheap prices with quality to match.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next