INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn it's HOT!!

+9
simpsca
gringal
Chapalagringa
CanuckBob
bobnliz
Parker
Hensley
Rolly
kipissippi
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Damn it's HOT!! Empty Damn it's HOT!!

Post by kipissippi Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:23 pm

We're having record temps here in N. MS. Today was supposed to reach 98 with a heat index of 102....HOT!!! Talkng to friends in Oregon and Washington ..their temps have been much lower than usual. Sounds like Lakeside is hotter than I ever remeber it being. Anyone else having wierd weather? Rolling Eyes
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Damn it's HOT!! Empty Re: Damn it's HOT!!

Post by Rolly Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Here in Lerdo, it's been more than just wierd.

In February we had record-breaking cold, including the coldest temp ever recorded here. Now Spring has become the hottest on record.

April recorded 6 days above 105° with many other 100+ days. May has been a real scorcher -- every day over 100° and 25 over 105° and one day that set an all-time record of 112°. May is always our hottest month, but this year has been crazy.

Welcome relief today, we only got to 99°. I hope this is a real break in the heat wave.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:37 pm

60" of snow in Wyoming.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Hensley wrote:60" of snow in Wyoming.

Got to love the cat avatar! Hopefully once I quit laughing I can still read your message. We’re cat lovers too and because of the hot weather our cat spends a lot of time on the cool floor, cooling what-ever-side and always in a weird position. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Beginning of April nice and warm; congratulating ourselves on arriving back NOB at a good time...
Got COLD and WINDY...put shorts away... got out fleece and long pants...
Got warm, got out shorts, did not put away long pants...
A good thing too, got WINDY with SLEET!
Got out parkas, huddled in front of heater... put on another layer...
Cabin fever sets in... cats are freaking out... they want to go OUTSIDE... they are sure we are responsible... lots of catnip...
It got warm again, with 40mph winds and flying debris...
Last few days it has been delightfully pleasant, wind has not exceeded 25mph gusts so far. I am beginning to remember what I like about this place.

This has been one kinky Spring... they're sandbagging up in Leadville, cause the Arkansas looks like it's gonna flood with the very late snowmelt.... at 10,200ft, no less. Weird Damn it's HOT!! 374777 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:16 pm

Well here in Vancouver we are about to receive tomorrow our first cloudless, sunny day with temps higher than 70 degrees since last October.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:08 pm

We just had our first good rain!!!!!!! Still sprinkling, breezy & cool out! Those rainbirds couldn't have been any louder the past two days! Now, when do the termites come out! Last year they suddenly came by the droves, they insist on crawling through the screens! Kind of creepy like, "The Birds," but smaller. Smokealot
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:23 am

Yess! Rain! Now we know where all our new roof leaks are. Buckets rule.

But: what a nice world it is again, clean and bright!
mariachi

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:01 am

Lots of thunder and rain starting at 7pm last night in San Juan Cosala. Even Star Choice was out for awhile.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:37 am

Nice downpour in Chapala last night. The cable t.v went out except for ch. 13 which is odd but in the land of odd it's normal so never mind.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:07 pm

Here's a question for you. Right not it's 89.6, humidity 55% and the heat index is 92. It's suppose to get up to..ARGHHHH 99! with a heat index of up to 107! The question is ..what is the PERFECT humidity?
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lucky Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:44 pm

kip, when i lived in death valley, the perfect humidity during the summer was as close to zero as it could possibly get.

lucky
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:35 pm

So Kip, how 'bout 45% to 65% humidity and 75F for starters? With a body of water nearby. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:31 pm

The humidity is 43 right now. I just came in and I'm soaking wet. How high can the humidity be without kicking up the heat index? Right now it's 94
degrees, 43% humidity and 99 heat index.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Here is a link to a chart. At 94 degrees it should feel like 95 degrees at 30% humidity.

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/wheat3.htm
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:42 pm

That's 45% @ 75F....
I don't think I could handle 95F even with no humidity. Those were the days of my youth... shoot... I'd go riding all day in Houston, in August... jeans, long sleeves, hat, gloves.... with a canteen of lemon water.
It was over 100F.... it'd kill me now. I have become a weather-wuss. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:26 pm

bobnliz wrote:That's 45% @ 75F....
I don't think I could handle 95F even with no humidity. Those were the days of my youth... shoot... I'd go riding all day in Houston, in August... jeans, long sleeves, hat, gloves.... with a canteen of lemon water.
It was over 100F.... it'd kill me now. I have become a weather-wuss. Lizzy

Well, Lizzy, Dawg was going to write some snotty retort about your not knowing real heat since Dawg lived in Mobile for a while but then you wrote of galavanting about Houston, the place with the hands down worst climate in North America with the possible exception of New Orleans, in blue jeans in August and I bow to the champ. Even steamy Mobile can´t hold a candle to that experience.

About 15 years ago when we lived in Sonoma County on the coast of Northern California above San Francisco, we had an August heat spell of about 15 days when the temperature hit above 100F every day and later I was talking to my sister who lives on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay and had for a number of years in those days and I complained to her that we had had a particularly nasty August and had had the central air conditioning system on for about 15 days in a row.

Her response was; " Bob, here in the Mobile area, we turn on the A/C in April and we turn it off in October."

End of discussion.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:25 pm

30% humidity........ yeah like that would ever happen in Mississippi! Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:12 am

Naw... Mis'sipi is like Waxahachie, which isn't supposed to be particularly humid, but I can remember a day in late May that was so humid it was like trying to breathe corn syrup. Didn't get better 'til it finally rained.

Isn't it like that where you are....?
Kip... are you sure you want to move to Florida? It's awful humid there too.
You ever think of moving out here... to the "Banana Belt"? It's great horse country. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:03 pm

"What is the ideal humidity?"

Like clothing there is no one size fits all with respect to humidity. First of all, are you referring to outside, inside, in a greenhouse, a cigar humidor, summer, winter, for growing plants, etc? Besides the fact that each individual tends to have varying comfort zones, humidity and temperature aren't the only factors regulating our personal comfort. On has to consider temperature, humidity, dew point, wind speed and altitude since they all play a part in the human comfort equation. For a simplistic thought process, consider the differences one typically feels inside their home from summer to winter. In certain climates where AC is used in the summer, the units are set up to pull a certain percentage of the moisture out of the air while in other climates, moisture may have to be added. For dry climates, think swamp coolers that get their desired effect by adding to the moisture in the air. In the winter, some modern furnaces regulate the humidity (by adding moisture) so that one isn't getting static shocks or removing moisture so that windows don't sweat on the inside or minimizing the opportunity for molds to grow.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:36 pm

No...breathing isn't a problem...it's the sweating!! I went out at 8 this morning to plant 14 pampas grass starts. The root is deep so I had to use a post hole digger for the holes...the last ten were like hard pan...THAT about did me in. Came in..cooled down and went back out and put them in. NOW I have a WHOLE bunch of Lillys that I dug up this morning that are waiting under a wet bath towel for me to quit being a wuss and get back out there and put them in! I'll be soooo glad when I get this place down to a dull roar when I only have maintenance to do.... someday.... oh yeah...I forgot about the three mares who need to be bred and the whole front needs to have the leaves and other crud blown off. Oh goody.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Jeez, Kippy...a horseman's work is never done, with twice as much from Sun to Sun.
At any rate... it's gotta be keeping you in great shape, girlfriend. You need a cold Beer Beer I will toast you Damn it's HOT!! 169387 from my end. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Well it MIGHT keep me in great shape if I shared a beer with you instead of the chocolate milkshake I actually had!! Very Happy
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 am

Yah, we could share a beer.
It's not my drug of choice, but half a cold one would hit the spot for sure. Beer Damn it's HOT!! 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 am

I've been pedal to the metal trying to finish a dozen projects and get my house looking like something other that a warehouse/combat zone because we have guests coming from New Jersey on their way Lakeside with their horses and dog. Wish I had another two weeks without this frigging heat!!! ARGHHH!! We have this awful problem of starting several projects at once or not quite finishing one before we get one ...or two.. or several more started!!! Eventually we'll get them all wound up...but in the meantime.... chaos. Damn it's HOT!! 968748
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next